Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Official 'The Joker' Topic

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 1:30 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:^ Beat me to it.
But yeah ERC is relocating to Orbits spot.

I wonder if it will get a Harley Quinn theme and be called "Harley Quinn's Spinsanity" cause East River Crawler doesn't really work in Hometown Square.

I bet it goes back to The Lobster.
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 1:33 pm
staticshadows wrote:I really like the green and purple supports on this version. It looks nicer than the black support structure on the one at Great Adventure.

Also, does anyone think we will get the new Justice League features via a software update next year? Barrel Roll, Harley Quinn, new targets, and new final scene.

From reading the press releases, it seems like maybe only Magic Mountain is getting the upgraded version. Their press release mentions a Harley Quinn animatronic and I think we can all agree that's not happening, I don't know if they can or will add her to the video portion and still have the storyline make sense if there's an animatronic that we don't have. It would be nice if they did it, though ,(or from their standpoint, it might make sense to wait a year or two and whip it out in a slow year).
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on September 1st, 2016, 1:38 pm
With everything goin on between he said she said & the fights, I didn't want to say I knew anything cause in reality, I truly didn't as anything could have changed. But my friend who was working at SFGAdv, told me he knew three attractions for 2017. & I have the text from July to prove our addition. I'm very pleased he was right. I told him I would hurt him for lying to me if he was jokin around. No pun intended now lol. How the hell do I post a pic here btw... On my comp it's easy but on my phone there's only a submit button.
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 1st, 2016, 1:52 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:With everything goin on between he said she said & the fights, I didn't want to say I knew anything cause in reality, I truly didn't as anything could have changed. But my friend who was working at SFGAdv, told me he knew three attractions for 2017. & I have the text from July to prove our addition. I'm very pleased he was right. I told him I would hurt him for lying to me if he was jokin around. No pun intended now lol. How the hell do I post a pic here btw... On my comp it's easy but on my phone there's only a submit button.

You have to download Tapatalk to post properly from your phone. It will let you post pics and videos and it sends you notifications when someone posts in a thread you are following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby staticshadows on September 1st, 2016, 2:37 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 1st, 2016, 2:50 pm
This will probably look great!! Is the bridge moving over or is it going to be a completely different structure?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 1st, 2016, 2:52 pm
^It's a path with a tent-like structure over it. Not gonna judge until I see it for myself.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 1st, 2016, 2:57 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:^It's a path with a tent-like structure over it. Not gonna judge until I see it for myself.

Oh ok. Yeah, I had to leave my house right when Marcus started talking about the Joker. I'm so excited now!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Mean Streaker on September 1st, 2016, 3:02 pm
staticshadows wrote:
anewman35 wrote:Clearly this ride is bigger than I think or I'm bad at geometry (or I'm tired for waking up too early, I'll blame it on that). Can somebody who has time and skills put this on a map?

Edit: I think I get it now, in the one shot I looking at with Angelo's in it, you couldn't see the blue tent thing. Makes more sense now that I look at other shots.

This appears to be the approximate layout. Looks like there is a blue covered structure over the new path by Roaring Rapids.

Looks like whoever wanted to use the BTR overflow queue will get his wish.
Mean Streaker

Postby MrsTaxi on September 1st, 2016, 3:28 pm
I hope we get a web cam to monitor construction!!!! :D
MrsTaxi

Postby Jacklw6499 on September 1st, 2016, 3:38 pm
MrsTaxi wrote:I hope we get a web cam to monitor construction!!!! :D

Agreed. I loved using that thing for Goliath!
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby LordMagnus101 on September 1st, 2016, 3:39 pm
Hopefully it takes some of the lines from my favorite coasters.
LordMagnus101

Postby Jacklw6499 on September 1st, 2016, 3:40 pm
Does everyone think that this will be open by opening day next year? It really isn't as complex as Goliath which obviously went quite a bit over the estimated opening date.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby X-Flight2012 on September 1st, 2016, 3:46 pm
Is there anyone we can ask about Mardi Gras becoming Gotham next year?
X-Flight2012

Postby maxwellt on September 1st, 2016, 3:48 pm
You guys gotta admit, we've probably have had the best past few years than any other six flags park! Think of it...
2011-riptide bay
2012-xflight
2013-ignite
2014-goliath
2015-40 seasons
2016-juatice league
2017-joker

If we saw 2018 a flat package, we would have such a great diversity in new attractions

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 3:56 pm
X-Flight2012 wrote:Is there anyone we can ask about Mardi Gras becoming Gotham next year?

Considering that they specifically say that The Joker will be in Yankee Harbor, I don't think that's happening.
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 3:57 pm
Jacklw6499 wrote:Does everyone think that this will be open by opening day next year? It really isn't as complex as Goliath which obviously went quite a bit over the estimated opening date.

No, because they're very likely not even going to try to get it open by opening say. They didn't even have a few flat kiddie rides open on opening day.
anewman35

Postby Tardis1972 on September 1st, 2016, 3:59 pm
Jacklw6499 wrote:Does everyone think that this will be open by opening day next year? It really isn't as complex as Goliath which obviously went quite a bit over the estimated opening date.

BTR and Joker both opened over Memorial Day weekend so that's when I would expect ours to open which would be May 27.
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on September 1st, 2016, 4:01 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:
staticshadows wrote:
anewman35 wrote:Clearly this ride is bigger than I think or I'm bad at geometry (or I'm tired for waking up too early, I'll blame it on that). Can somebody who has time and skills put this on a map?

Edit: I think I get it now, in the one shot I looking at with Angelo's in it, you couldn't see the blue tent thing. Makes more sense now that I look at other shots.

This appears to be the approximate layout. Looks like there is a blue covered structure over the new path by Roaring Rapids.

Looks like whoever wanted to use the BTR overflow queue will get his wish.

That was me. :D Yayyyyy
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on September 1st, 2016, 4:02 pm

Doesn't Six Flags intentionally open rides a month or so into opening so people come back?
RollingCoasting

Postby maxwellt on September 1st, 2016, 4:03 pm
I just noticed that half of the supports are green, the other half purple

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby WolfsterJ on September 1st, 2016, 4:04 pm
staticshadows wrote:

MAN! This completely changes the park layout! Six Flags must have had a hard time fitting it in properly like that. I do like that it leaves some room for expansion. albeit not much. This also means that you should see it horizontally from the parking lot!
WolfsterJ

Postby coasterfanatic on September 1st, 2016, 4:12 pm
A Joker Facebook Page is already up and running too:

Here is the link: www.facebook.com/jokerrollercoaster
coasterfanatic

Postby bbd on September 1st, 2016, 4:15 pm
anewman35 wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:This will take up all of RC's spot, most of ERC's space, and a bit of JWR. The long path to Picnic Grove will become the main path, and connect to Mardis Gras via a new tunneled path by RR.

It does kinda kill the flow of the park's 'full circle' layout, but I never go past that area anyway, so I honestly won't care.

I'm looking forward to this now. Hopefully construction starts soon.

Clearly this ride is bigger than I think or I'm bad at geometry (or I'm tired for waking up too early, I'll blame it on that). Can somebody who has time and skills put this on a map?

Per S&S the ride itself is 259ft long x 28'ft width X 120ft high. then you have to figure in load area for each side expanding the width needed. Then there is the Q -line area with switch backs, etc... Other parks have done a long slender line the length and another 50 ft beyond, with the switch backs before that.
bbd

Postby RollingCoasting on September 1st, 2016, 5:29 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:With everything goin on between he said she said & the fights, I didn't want to say I knew anything cause in reality, I truly didn't as anything could have changed. But my friend who was working at SFGAdv, told me he knew three attractions for 2017. & I have the text from July to prove our addition. I'm very pleased he was right. I told him I would hurt him for lying to me if he was jokin around. No pun intended now lol. How the hell do I post a pic here btw... On my comp it's easy but on my phone there's only a submit button.

Not doubting you, but please post a pic
RollingCoasting

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum