Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Official 'The Joker' Topic

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby bbd on September 1st, 2016, 9:35 am
Viper 88 wrote:Big deal another clone of a non family non fluffy friendly ride would rather have a waltzer as Harley Quinn's Spinsanity :roll: :?

The decisions by SF Corporate on park additions can only be described as "Uninspiring" and as you said "Cloning"
1)3 4d S&S all named the same, so now there will be 5 4D's across all parks.
2)3 Justice Leagues, so now 7 across all parks
3)Not a single real coaster or big coaster
4)Silly naming of a Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth. At DK it's a Zamperla Discovery. At AM it's a Skyscreamer. Neither ride brings lasso to my mind.
5)Stl got a only a Mega Disko...absolute slap in the face and neglect to them, they needed a coaster with Boomerang problems and lack of an new coaster for a while.
6)AM got a skyscreamer...absolute slap in the face again and again for them, year after year
7)MM is sorely in need of good flat rides to complement their great coaster line up.
bbd

Postby Muck Finnesota on September 1st, 2016, 9:39 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I kind of laughed at how Six Flags has TWO Wonder Woman rides going up next year that are completely different! They could have come up with different names. And that Titan that's going up at Le Ronde has same logo as our Goliath but it's NOT the same as Titan in SFOT. They could be a little more original with new names :)

https://rcdb.com/40.htm
^ ^ ^
They've actually outdone Cedar Fair with that effort.

Let's not forget that SFGAdv's installation was set to be known as Total Mayhem. Maybe sticking with Batman, Goliath & Superman isn't such a bad idea. Besides- unoriginal name for uninspiring, unoriginal ride seems fair when even original rides are all plastered with recycled names.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby stergmi on September 1st, 2016, 10:38 am
Muck Finnesota wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I kind of laughed at how Six Flags has TWO Wonder Woman rides going up next year that are completely different! They could have come up with different names. And that Titan that's going up at Le Ronde has same logo as our Goliath but it's NOT the same as Titan in SFOT. They could be a little more original with new names :)

https://rcdb.com/40.htm
^ ^ ^
They've actually outdone Cedar Fair with that effort.

Let's not forget that SFGAdv's installation was set to be known as Total Mayhem. Maybe sticking with Batman, Goliath & Superman isn't such a bad idea. Besides- unoriginal name for uninspiring, unoriginal ride seems fair when even original rides are all plastered with recycled names.

Don't forgot that one of the options for Ninja at SFoG was actually American Eagle. I'm also glad Blue Hawk won.
stergmi

Postby Muck Finnesota on September 1st, 2016, 11:09 am
stergmi wrote:I'm also glad Blue Hawk won.

Me too, because in that case the name is so laughably bad that it's good (especially when you think of CF's -hawk habit).
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby great america fan on September 1st, 2016, 11:20 am
CrRbt3BUEAApV6y.jpg
we got some new concept art
quote from wgn.
The ride will be positioned in Yankee Harbor right next to BATMAN: The Ride, stretching from the old Ragin' Cajun space, across the midway and over the space formerly home to the East River Crawler and Jester's Wild Ride. And yes, the covered bridge is going away.
Last edited by great america fan on September 1st, 2016, 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
great america fan

Postby WolfsterJ on September 1st, 2016, 11:41 am
great america fan wrote:
CrRbt3BUEAApV6y.jpg
quote from wgn.
The ride will be positioned in Yankee Harbor right next to BATMAN: The Ride, stretching from the old Ragin' Cajun space, across the midway and over the space formerly home to the East River Crawler and Jester's Wild Ride. And yes, the covered bridge is going away.

Can someone draw that out on google maps for me? I can't see it in my head.
WolfsterJ

Postby great america fan on September 1st, 2016, 11:47 am
WolfsterJ wrote:
great america fan wrote:
CrRbt3BUEAApV6y.jpg
quote from wgn.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/n ... ber-1-2016 theres some more concept art here that i found you can kinda get an idea of it
great america fan

Postby WolfsterJ on September 1st, 2016, 11:58 am
great america fan wrote:
WolfsterJ wrote:
great america fan wrote:
CrRbt3BUEAApV6y.jpg
quote from wgn.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/n ... ber-1-2016 theres some more concept art here that i found you can kinda get an idea of it

Thanks so much. I just figured it out with the last picture. The entrance looks awesome! This is gonna make this part of the park look so different!
WolfsterJ

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 12:03 pm
Maybe I'm wrong, but looking at the pictures I don't think this is going into the RC spot at all, is it? Looks to me like it's just ERC and part of the bridge and JWR, but not over the path into the RC spot.

Edit: I just looked at the map and I'm thinking depending on the angle, it might hit a little of it, or a relocated path might, but I think they'd still have most of it for future use.
anewman35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 1st, 2016, 12:06 pm
This will take up all of RC's spot, most of ERC's space, and a bit of JWR. The long path to Picnic Grove will become the main path, and connect to Mardis Gras via a new tunneled path by RR.

It does kinda kill the flow of the park's 'full circle' layout, but I never go past that area anyway, so I honestly won't care.

I'm looking forward to this now. Hopefully construction starts soon.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 12:08 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:This will take up all of RC's spot, most of ERC's space, and a bit of JWR. The long path to Picnic Grove will become the main path, and connect to Mardis Gras via a new tunneled path by RR.

It does kinda kill the flow of the park's 'full circle' layout, but I never go past that area anyway, so I honestly won't care.

I'm looking forward to this now. Hopefully construction starts soon.

Clearly this ride is bigger than I think or I'm bad at geometry (or I'm tired for waking up too early, I'll blame it on that). Can somebody who has time and skills put this on a map?

Edit: I think I get it now, in the one shot I looking at with Angelo's in it, you couldn't see the blue tent thing. Makes more sense now that I look at other shots.
anewman35

Postby maxwellt on September 1st, 2016, 12:13 pm
It will also sorta fit into the Mardi gras theme, with green and purple, and will definitely bring more people to the Mardi gras area of the park

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 12:15 pm
Is the park doing any sort of press conference or interviews on this? It would be nice to have some official word in what's happening with ERC and JWR (and why they closed them and Orbit so early, grr...)
anewman35

Postby maxwellt on September 1st, 2016, 12:30 pm
Is it official the erc is going in the orbit spot?

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby RollingCoasting on September 1st, 2016, 12:33 pm
Hopefully

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby Mean Streaker on September 1st, 2016, 12:51 pm
The Joker theme is growing on me. I also think we're going to see more and more DC themed rides as the DC cinematic universe grows. The new rides will most likely be named after that years new movies.
Mean Streaker

Postby staticshadows on September 1st, 2016, 12:52 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Tardis1972 on September 1st, 2016, 12:53 pm
^ Beat me to it.
But yeah ERC is relocating to Orbits spot.
Tardis1972

Postby ilrider on September 1st, 2016, 12:57 pm
I know there are 5 cars holding 8 each, but how many of the cars can actually be up in the air on the ride at once? I read the best possible throughput is 720 pph.

I am happy with this addition. We have a great variety of coasters at our park.
ilrider

Postby staticshadows on September 1st, 2016, 1:02 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby RollingCoasting on September 1st, 2016, 1:07 pm
I agree, colors look better on our version. I'm really excited now, I can't wait to see the site in person on Saturday

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 1:19 pm
In theory I'm always upset to lose any ride, so I wish the idea that they might move JWR to Kidzopolis was happening, but I can't really get up any real anger because it was probably one of the more useless rides in the entire park (although my kids did like it a bit).
anewman35

Postby Coaster Justin on September 1st, 2016, 1:23 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:^ Beat me to it.

I wonder if it will get a Harley Quinn theme and be called "Harley Quinn's Spinsanity" cause East River Crawler doesn't really work in Hometown Square.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby great america fan on September 1st, 2016, 1:24 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:^ Beat me to it.

I wonder if it will get a Harley Quinn theme and be called "Harley Quinn's Spinsanity" cause East River Crawler doesn't really work in Hometown Square.

neither does Harley quinn
great america fan

Postby AirTimeDaz on September 1st, 2016, 1:29 pm
i think it will really have a cool presence! sorta like how the neon green deja vu commanded your attention (even though i never got to ride it because whenever i went, it was always closed :cry: )
AirTimeDaz

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum