Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Official 'The Joker' Topic

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 1st, 2016, 3:43 am
Same as always. Discuss anything and everything related to our new S&S 4D Freespin- The Joker!

in my opinion, I think it'd be a nice fit. It gives me another reason to go to the other side of the park. It'll also keep crowds on that side as well. Hopefully it'll compliment Batman well.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 1st, 2016, 3:47 am
Also, there is a new website for 2017. It's really neat, although the header is a bit bulky.

http://newfor2017.sixflags.com/greatamerica/

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 1st, 2016, 4:00 am
No way! That's awesome! Can't wait to see what all the other parks's got.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RollingCoasting on September 1st, 2016, 4:08 am
I'm excited for it. Does anyone know the location of the ride?
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 1st, 2016, 4:11 am
RollingCoasting wrote:I'm excited for it. Does anyone know the location of the ride?

I'm guessing around Mardi Gras? XD Yeah, it'd be good to know, but I have no clue.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 4:14 am
There will probably be a press release with some more info from the park later in the day in terms of location and etc...
anewman35

Postby great america fan on September 1st, 2016, 4:15 am
All you guys must be mistaken because it's a super loop butt buddies
great america fan

Postby RollingCoasting on September 1st, 2016, 4:17 am
I just realized - We'll finally have more than 5 inversions on a coaster! Yay (Though R.I.P. any chance of a launch coaster before 2020)
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on September 1st, 2016, 4:24 am
I have so much to say lol but I'm fxxkin excited, that's for sure.
gottastrata33

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 4:26 am
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/l ... story.html

"park officials said the 12-story Joker is being eyed for Yankee Harbor, next to Great America's 1992 entirely different version of Batman: The Ride."
anewman35

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 1st, 2016, 4:27 am
I'm not totally excited yet but I know it will grow on me. I'm just a little salty this pushes back the addition of a legit coaster for awhile, but I know I'll like The Joker. I'm a sucker for 4D coasters, X2 is my number one and Green Lanturn is higher that everybody else would normally have it.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 1st, 2016, 4:40 am
So, I'm guessing it's going right next to Batman? I'd love a lakeside view of it, but I guess not
SFGAM_Hog

Postby stergmi on September 1st, 2016, 4:59 am
great america fan wrote:All you guys must be mistaken because it's a super loop butt buddies

I really got my hopes up for a super loop since corporate is putting then in every park butt buddy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby Tardis1972 on September 1st, 2016, 4:59 am
Well looks like Screamscape was right all along when they first guessed it was going to be a Free Spin.
Tardis1972

Postby Viper 88 on September 1st, 2016, 5:03 am
Big deal another clone of a non family non fluffy friendly ride would rather have a waltzer as Harley Quinn's Spinsanity :roll: :?
Viper 88

Postby maxwellt on September 1st, 2016, 5:58 am
I'm super excided. First 4d coaster in the Midwest! Its gonna be a great addition to the park! Im super hyped for it all. Though, launch coaster not until 2020 then :( oh well, we still have a great lineup

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby maxwellt on September 1st, 2016, 6:16 am
Double post but I don't think this coaster will make top 5 at the park...and lastly, in 2015, SFFT added a 4d to a smaller park, 2016 we saw it at a bigger park, I think that was experiments and were gonna see 4d coasters come to every six flags park. My theory. And also, from what were seeing in 2017, our future is bright! Giant discovery, skyscreamer, water coaster, possible Mardi gras revamps. And lastly (again) no superloops this year!?! Wonder why? Does this mean were not getting one?

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby Coaster Justin on September 1st, 2016, 6:22 am
I'm gonna sound snobbish now but I'd love to swap our Joker for Either Wonder Woman Lasso or Fiesta Texas' Thunder Rapids.

Glad Six Flags isn't over Star Flyers. I get a new coaster next year, Yay!

EDIT: I Am happy that we have new colors for a coaster in our park.
Last edited by Coaster Justin on September 1st, 2016, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 6:51 am
RollingCoasting wrote:I just realized - We'll finally have more than 5 inversions on a coaster! Yay (Though R.I.P. any chance of a launch coaster before 2020)

You can never tell what Six Flags will do, remember we got X-Flight and Goliath two years apart. The bigger issue with your dream home is that SF appears to have stopped doing big coasters entirely.
anewman35

Postby MollysMomma on September 1st, 2016, 7:25 am
I think this will be a good addition to the park. I like that it has a 48" height requirement and not 54". More kids will be able to enjoy this "bigger" attraction. Now if only my daughter would ride more big rides.
MollysMomma

Postby stergmi on September 1st, 2016, 8:04 am
Coaster Justin wrote:I'm gonna sound snobbish now but I'd love to swap our Joker for Either Wonder Woman Lasso or Fiesta Texas' Thunder Rapids.

Glad Six Flags isn't over Star Flyers. I get a new coaster next year, Yay!

Well once we send Revolution to SFA I'm sure we'll have room for a new frisbee

I have a feeling water coasters may be the trend for the next 5 years as parks look to expand HH.
stergmi

Postby Jacklw6499 on September 1st, 2016, 8:39 am
Hooray! I still wish it was the bigger model but oh well. I think that it will be cool having it near/next to the original Batman: The Ride. I really hope the ride gets some cool theming like the Joker @ SFDK but that's wishful thinking really. Overall though, happy we are getting another coaster! Even if this isn't exactly what we wanted it is still another addition to one of the best collections out there.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby Muck Finnesota on September 1st, 2016, 9:13 am

Nothing at all of note going in next year at either chain. It will be a good time to catch up on some things I haven't gotten around to yet (Fury, Lagoon).
Last edited by Muck Finnesota on September 1st, 2016, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby AirTimeDaz on September 1st, 2016, 9:18 am
not sure how many times i'll actually ride it since capacity isn't the greatest, but if it will be near Batman, that should make for some pretty cool off-ride POV's!
AirTimeDaz

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 1st, 2016, 9:20 am
I'm super excited!! I've never been on a free spin and this looks pretty cool. I realize it's not "THE" coaster we're all wanting (either a super big launch coaster, a giga, etc), but it looks like a fun ride and something different from what we have currently. And my 6yo will LOVE this ride! She loves doings somersaults and cartwheels.

I kind of laughed at how Six Flags has TWO Wonder Woman rides going up next year that are completely different! They could have come up with different names. And that Titan that's going up at Le Ronde has same logo as our Goliath but it's NOT the same as Titan in SFOT. THey could be a little more original with new names :)

I'm also way more excited about this than I was about JL coming this year.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum