Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

VR Comes To the Demon 8/13

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby stergmi on August 5th, 2016, 5:57 am
Hopefully this officially means no VRaging Bull. Looks like a new story called Rage of the Gargoyles. I assume we take control of a fighter jet as Captain Bucky McMacho.

https://twitter.com/SFGreat_America/sta ... 0706317312
stergmi

Postby jmanporty7 on August 5th, 2016, 6:36 am
Oh please not let it be on Raging Bull. I do not want two VR coasters please have it on Demon only, please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby stergmi on August 5th, 2016, 8:56 am
jmanporty7 wrote:Oh please not let it be on Raging Bull. I do not want two VR coasters please have it on Demon only, please!

I'm hoping common sense kicked in, G-Am really hasn't said anything about the VRaging since the initial announcement while Demon has a launch date. On top of that I imagine the Demon's VR story is a lot cheaper since it looks like it's just the alien invasion but with the alien models swapped out for gargoyles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby MollysMomma on August 5th, 2016, 9:26 am
As much as I think VR is a lame gimmick, and I imagine some of you do as well, I'm at least glad they're looking to add it to Demon instead of Bull. I'll bet the GP will get a kick out of it and bring some life back to the ride.
MollysMomma

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 5th, 2016, 10:13 am
I'm hoping the GP runs to Demon now. We can enjoy our Bull
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Johnska on August 5th, 2016, 10:21 am
Is this the 2017 announcement? I hope not.
Johnska

Postby anewman35 on August 5th, 2016, 10:52 am
Johnska wrote:Is this the 2017 announcement? I hope not.

Did any other Six Flags park have VR be their "new ride" for the year? (Answer is no). So I wouldn't worry about that happening to us.
anewman35

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 5th, 2016, 11:18 am
I was iffy about VR on RB, but honestly I'm kinda excited for VR on Demon. Superman VR didn't meet my expectations, but this VR seems better and I think VR is meant for a ride (or better suited) that goes upside down.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby staticshadows on August 5th, 2016, 11:43 am
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby RollingCoasting on August 5th, 2016, 1:45 pm
Maybe they read all of our complaints on SFGAmWorld (And social media) :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if the headsets of people sitting on the right side of the train snapped in half during the transition into the first corkscrew. :P :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby maxwellt on August 5th, 2016, 1:47 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Maybe they read all of our complaints on SFGAmWorld (And social media) :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if the headsets of people sitting on the right side of the train snapped in half during the transition into the first corkscrew. :P :lol:

As long as u ride it right the ride isn't that bad. We talked about this last night lol
maxwellt

Postby maxwellt on August 5th, 2016, 1:53 pm
https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/a ... r/overview

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby stergmi on August 5th, 2016, 1:53 pm
maxwellt wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:Maybe they read all of our complaints on SFGAmWorld (And social media) :lol:

As long as u ride it right the ride isn't that bad. We talked about this last night lol

Spoken like someone who knows what's up.
stergmi

Postby maxwellt on August 5th, 2016, 1:54 pm
Good thing its coming to demon. Its gonna bring back life to demon. And thank god there's no DC themes VR. It will be an original theme. I guess great america saw all the protesting, and changed it
maxwellt

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 5th, 2016, 2:36 pm
Just to let everyone know, this is VR will also be going to Skull Mountain at SFGAdv, Kong at SFDK, Shockwave at SFOT, Ninja at SFStL, Steamin' Demon at SFGE, Dare Devil Dive at SFOG, and Goliath at La Ronde. It also states that this will be the first 'Fully-integrated Gaming Roller Coaster experience'. So I assume that you will be able to interact with the environment all throughout the coaster, which already makes this better than the other ones.

I'm still not completely excited, but I'm going to be optimistic.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby staticshadows on August 5th, 2016, 3:11 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby maxwellt on August 5th, 2016, 8:13 pm
In the trailer it looked like the other VR coasters, without superheros and it has demons and gargoyles in it

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on August 5th, 2016, 11:04 pm
Credit to bullsnike.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby RollingCoasting on August 6th, 2016, 12:38 am
I guess that means the person who said they were clearing out Demon's station for VR Equipment was right then.
RollingCoasting

Postby Bullsnike on August 7th, 2016, 10:08 am
I was wondering when my photo would make it's way over here lol! Thanks for giving credit. Hopefully I'll be able to post some more photos in the upcoming weeks and become more active over here.

As for VR Demon, I'm excited to try it just because it'll be different and I haven't been back to St Louis since April so it would be my first VR experience. I know I'm in the minority, but I think it would have been cool to experience VR on bull, but I can only imagine what lines would jump to.
Bullsnike

Postby batmanfan80 on August 8th, 2016, 7:27 pm
Checked the Twitter. This might be better than Shockwave's. Still will probably be a disaster and a lot of people are gonna wind up with headaches from the sets smashing into the restraint. So they retweeted someone that claimed there were short lines on the 6th? With perfect weather? Oops, guess I coulda gone. Maybe I'll go back this weekend. Wonder when they changed their minds. I doubt they had a ghoul theme in mind for Raging Trimbrake.
batmanfan80

Postby radiohead on August 10th, 2016, 11:01 pm
I noticed some additional information on the Six Flags website. If you buy a Rage of the Gargoyles T-shirt, you can ride the Demon VR tomorrow from 3 - 5. Only people that buy a t-shirt get to ride.
If you have a season pass, or own a Samsung phone, you can ride Demon VR all day on Friday. As we already know, everyone can ride it starting 8/13.
radiohead

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 11th, 2016, 8:16 am
http://wgntv.com/2016/08/11/marcus-take ... six-flags/
Marcus seemed to love it while Dameon looked dead XD
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Viper 88 on August 11th, 2016, 12:14 pm
Diane Pathieu just rode it and ABC 7 Chicago did a split screen where we saw her on the top and the VR on the bottom. It looks so stupid. What an unbelieveably bad waste of time effort and resources I will be opting out of this crap when I visit for Fright Fest no thank you.
Viper 88

Postby stergmi on August 11th, 2016, 12:50 pm
Coaster Force was out today. G-Am is splitting the line between VR and non-VR riders. I would assume that means alternating dispatches to reduce the nightmare other parks saw when they went VR
stergmi

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum