Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby jmanporty7 on July 21st, 2016, 8:27 am
Based on what Six Flags has been doing lately, I predict a Free Spin coming in 2018, and New England will get one next year in 2017. Do we need one? No. But I honestly wouldn't mind seeing one, especially to replace TDK. As long as we get a Premier or Mack launched coaster in 2020 or 2021. But hehe, that's not what this forum topic is for. So let's keep talking about that Super Loop! Lol :lol:
jmanporty7

Postby Tardis1972 on July 25th, 2016, 10:57 am
I'm going to change my prediction. I think we're going to see a flat ride package in 2017. Larson SuperLoop, Zamperla Giant Discovery and Zamperla Endeavor.
Tardis1972

Postby maxwellt on July 25th, 2016, 11:17 am
Tardis1972 wrote:I'm going to change my prediction. I think we're going to see a flat ride package in 2017. Larson SuperLoop, Zamperla Giant Discovery and Zamperla Endeavor.

I like the sound of that. And then we can get rid of revolution and put the Amerigo round back in place
maxwellt

Postby staticshadows on July 25th, 2016, 12:20 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby maxwellt on July 25th, 2016, 1:03 pm
staticshadows wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:I'm going to change my prediction. I think we're going to see a flat ride package in 2017. Larson SuperLoop, Zamperla Giant Discovery and Zamperla Endeavor.

I can't see the park getting a Zamperla Endeavor when we already have The Orbit and it seems to be running fine. I do like the look of the exposed seating though instead of being stuck inside a gondola. It is my understanding that Revolution is expensive to maintain and is high maintenance. So I could see replacing it with a better model by a different manufacturer.

I actually was thinking that about the orbit. Maybe a tilt a whirl called Harley quins spinsanity
maxwellt

Postby staticshadows on July 25th, 2016, 1:24 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby aaron60060 on July 25th, 2016, 1:27 pm
Demon, Orbit and Sky Trail's locations could easily fit a really insane launch coaster similar to Maverick. Alternatively, they could just retire the Eagle and put a giga coaster in it's place. SF should have a can't miss attraction like that. A bucket list ride, if you will.
aaron60060

Postby JaminOut on July 25th, 2016, 1:49 pm
You will not remove my Demon. Also, Director of Operations (Dameon) has stated its his favorite ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby aaron60060 on July 25th, 2016, 1:57 pm
Being someone's favorite isn't enough to save this relic from the trash bin. It's one and only positive is that younger(read: shorter) riders can get on it, which is important. That aside, it's a decaying trash heap posing as a roller coaster. It's caves are crumbling and it's waterfall off. Even if they did spend a few bucks to fix these issues, the ride itself would still be awful.

As an aside, I understand having favorites, but as someone who regularly goes to the park, it's tough to see a rationale for keeping Demon.
aaron60060

Postby JaminOut on July 25th, 2016, 4:36 pm
Have you not been up to date with Six Flags this year? Ninja at SFOG and Revolution at MM are prime examples that Demon is not a trash heap, but is a diamond in the rough. Get trains with new restrains and improve its scenery (i.e. the waterfall and lighting), and you have yourself an old classic, good as new.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby maxwellt on July 25th, 2016, 6:50 pm
JaminOut wrote:Have you not been up to date with Six Flags this year? Ninja at SFOG and Revolution at MM are prime examples that Demon is not a trash heap, but is a diamond in the rough. Get trains with new restrains and improve its scenery (i.e. the waterfall and lighting), and you have yourself an old classic, good as new.

But don't call it the new demon (if renovations come) like revolution renamed to the new revolution

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby UWW-10 on July 25th, 2016, 7:51 pm
I would imagine that the Parks PR Team will be gearing up soon with their teasers as it is just about that time of the season.

Another place to keep an eye out would be the Village Planning & Zoning Board website. I'm not too sure with how it all works, but I assume they'd need to get construction permits to build, (which I'm sure the park would be pretty vague about what they would be building) and I think anything above 125 feet in the village requires a height variance to be approved (again...the park is usually pretty good with keeping their stuff hush hush...divulging very little information about anything)
UWW-10

Postby aaron60060 on July 26th, 2016, 12:25 pm
JaminOut wrote:Have you not been up to date with Six Flags this year? Ninja at SFOG and Revolution at MM are prime examples that Demon is not a trash heap, but is a diamond in the rough. Get trains with new restrains and improve its scenery (i.e. the waterfall and lighting), and you have yourself an old classic, good as new.

The problem isn't only that the ride is decrepit, it's also just a fairly plain, fairly poor roller coaster. There isn't much they can do to improve the ride itself, which is why I suggested using the Demon's land to install a really special launch coaster. That said, I understand that people have their favorites. :D
aaron60060

Postby Viper 88 on July 26th, 2016, 9:58 pm
maxwellt wrote:I actually was thinking that about the orbit. Maybe a tilt a whirl called Harley quins spinsanity

I would much rather see a Waltzer. It is virtually the same ride, they have more lights so look spectacular at night plus they are covered and have pretty good capacity, youtbe it and you'll see what I mean. We could also use a Himalaya or Super Himalaya and a revamp of Sky Whirl even with 2 arms, the park has been with out a ferris wheel way too long.
Viper 88

Postby RollingCoasting on July 27th, 2016, 2:16 pm
Could we see something from Zamperla in 2017? SFGAm just posted a video about Zamperla shipping rides to the U.S. on their youtube.
RollingCoasting

Postby Nightmare31sfgam on July 27th, 2016, 2:22 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Could we see something from Zamperla in 2017? SFGAm just posted a video about Zamperla shipping rides to the U.S. on their youtube.
We could see an all Zamoerla flat ride expansion, which is what I think we are getting, either 2 or 3 flat rides maybe just a super loop idk
Nightmare31sfgam

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 27th, 2016, 2:36 pm
Nightmare31sfgam wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:Could we see something from Zamperla in 2017? SFGAm just posted a video about Zamperla shipping rides to the U.S. on their youtube.
We could see an all Zamoerla flat ride expansion, which is what I think we are getting, either 2 or 3 flat rides maybe just a super loop idk
They showed the balloons and Jester's not so wild ride. Maybe they are leaving next year.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Viper 88 on July 27th, 2016, 9:44 pm
I hope they don't take out the balloons I really like them especially after going on Roarin it's like putting yourself on spin dry very cooling. Maybe whatever we are getting (if anything) is going in RC's spot.
Viper 88

Postby Coaster Justin on July 28th, 2016, 5:54 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
Nightmare31sfgam wrote:
They showed the balloons and Jester's not so wild ride. Maybe they are leaving next year.

Translation: They showed 2 Zamperla attractions when talking about Zamperla

They also showed a Zamperla Balloon Race from another park. Maybe they're replacing Big Easy Balloons with those balloons?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Viper 88 on July 28th, 2016, 8:07 am
Why would they replace the balloons are they that high maintenance or in bad shape? I will say the worst thing they ever did to that ride was take the knob off to let yourself out of the balloon that is a slow load/unload.
Viper 88

Postby RollingCoasting on July 30th, 2016, 3:20 am
Discovery.png
Discovery.png (442.86 KiB) Viewed 12775 times

#Zamperla2017

Blue Hawk.png
Blue Hawk.png (161.19 KiB) Viewed 12775 times

Sorry for the crappy edit, just wanted to get the point out.

If Demon gets new trains, it'd be nice to see the effects come back as well. Maybe they could also paint the rails red?

I could see a name change but the theme could remain the same.
I agree, "The New Demon" sounds terrible. They could call it like "Possessed" or something, add themed music throughout the whole ride, bring back the former effects, etc.
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on July 30th, 2016, 4:17 am
If we do get a Zamperla Giant Discovery (Which I hope so), Will we keep Revolution or is that going to be SFAm's 2017 attraction?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby maxwellt on July 30th, 2016, 7:40 am
Coaster Justin wrote:If we do get a Zamperla Giant Discovery (Which I hope so), Will we keep Revolution or is that going to be SFAm's 2017 attraction?

It would go to some other park (probably SFA because we feed them with so many rides lately). Not to mention its not that popular of a ride and It would gain populrity over at SFA
maxwellt

Postby RollingCoasting on July 31st, 2016, 4:32 am
Is it just me or does it feel like this site as a whole seems less "hyped" than previous years when it comes to this time of the speculation season. Maybe because we still haven't gotten a direct teaser video, but I feel like we just don't know what to expect.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on July 31st, 2016, 10:44 am
I could go into previous years and check (but I'm not going to), but I don't think the it all usually starts until we get the first teaser. I think it's also a little harder to know what level of thing we're getting because Justice League is sort of a medium ride - after a year with something small, you expect something big, and after something big, you expect something small. With a medium ride like Justice League it could sort of go in any direction
anewman35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum