Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Coaster Justin on July 18th, 2016, 8:54 am
X-Flight2012 wrote:What I would like to see next year would be three flat rides. What I am dreaming of is...

1. Larson Super Loop on Ragin' Cajun spot called Bourbon Street Fireball

2. Larson Flying Scooters on Go Kart area by Mooseburger Lodge called Yukon Flyers

3. Larson Tilt-A-Whirl by the Metropolis switchbacks called Harley Quinn Spinsanity

Many people want a Zamperla Giant Discovery but the fact of the matter is that Six Flags Over Texas did not have a frisbee ride. We already have one and it is a waste of money to remove a ride that still gets long wait times for a bigger version just because coaster enthusiasts want one.

Six Flags America this year added a Splash Fortress when they removed a Splash Fortress 1-2 years ago.

Just saying.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on July 19th, 2016, 3:13 pm
X-Flight2012 wrote:2. Larson Flying Scooters on Go Kart area by Mooseburger Lodge called Yukon Flyers

Why take out the Go-Karts for a flat ride that could go in a smaller space without taking something else out?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like the idea of having another ride in Metropolis Plaza. Space is an issue, though.

I don't think we'll get Bugs Bunny Boomtown/DC Super Friends since the park just "added" a kid's area in 2015. Maybe an expansion of Hometown Park.

Just going to assume that this is either a flat-ride package or an expansion of Hurricane Harbor (Last one was in 2011, so it'll have been 6 years in 2017.)
RollingCoasting

Postby chrisisdragon on July 19th, 2016, 3:51 pm
Has any one said the traditional the American Eagle RMC treatment
chrisisdragon

Postby maxwellt on July 19th, 2016, 4:13 pm
chrisisdragon wrote:Has any one said the traditional the American Eagle RMC treatment

No. That'll never happen. Its a icon of the park. Almost as much of an icon as demon or whizzer
maxwellt

Postby anewman35 on July 19th, 2016, 4:30 pm
maxwellt wrote:
chrisisdragon wrote:Has any one said the traditional the American Eagle RMC treatment

No. That'll never happen. Its a icon of the park. Almost as much of an icon as demon or whizzer

Couldn't you say the same thing about some of the other coasters that have conveyed by RMC? That said, I don't expect it because of Goliath.

Also, keep in mind that they removed Whizzer in California, and we almost removed ours for Superman. Nothing (well, very little) lasts forever.
anewman35

Postby Jodon on July 19th, 2016, 5:10 pm
My understanding was that RMC was at the park originally to look at converting AE, but walked by the Iron Wolf location and ultimately decided to build a ground up RMC in that location. To be honest, I don't think that AE would make a great conversion anyway. Most of the ride is low to the ground except for the double helix which would make it difficult to make many alterations to the ride.
Jodon

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 19th, 2016, 5:54 pm
I just wanted to throw something out there just because. No substance at all, but I thought it'd make a nice fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-zxiCWwKgM

Good ride, huh? Super smooth, seamless transitions, and some nice forces. Not to mention the airtime it has. Wanna know who made it?

Vekoma. That's right, Vekoma did something amazing for once. I'm not saying we should get a clone(although I wouldn't be upset at all if we did), but if we got a custom launch, it'd be a fantastic fit here. I think Pictorium's spot could make a nice fit.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby staticshadows on July 19th, 2016, 9:12 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby jmanporty7 on July 19th, 2016, 9:16 pm
Dang it tho, vest restraints...That's why I still want Premier or Mack for a launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on July 19th, 2016, 11:40 pm
Not against a clone of that at all. The vest restraints are a bit of a downside though and I would want a little faster of an acceleration personally. I like the first inversion and transistions. Really surprised this is a Vekoma!
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Muck Finnesota on July 20th, 2016, 12:49 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:I just wanted to throw something out there just because. No substance at all, but I thought it'd make a nice fit.

Good ride, huh? Super smooth, seamless transitions, and some nice forces. Not to mention the airtime it has. Wanna know who made it?

Vekoma. That's right, Vekoma did something amazing for once.

This is not surprising. Vekoma is a solid firm with a dumb reputation.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby maxwellt on July 20th, 2016, 7:05 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:I just wanted to throw something out there just because. No substance at all, but I thought it'd make a nice fit.

Vekoma. That's right, Vekoma did something amazing for once. I'm not saying we should get a clone(although I wouldn't be upset at all if we did), but if we got a custom launch, it'd be a fantastic fit here. I think Pictorium's spot could make a nice fit.

Yeah! I like that! I thought an iSpeed clone in the pictorium spot, but seeing an intmain coming to the park probably won't happen for a long time. I like vekoma when they make these types of coasters, but slc's are still garbage. But this is a nice coaster

I also want to point out that the first element I hated at first, but it grew on me. I just want it to be taller and faster...yanno
maxwellt

Postby jmanporty7 on July 20th, 2016, 1:26 pm
Could a S&S 4D Free Spin fit in TDK's spot? I assume it could....

jmanporty7

Postby Viper 88 on July 20th, 2016, 1:38 pm
of course it could They are not that big, Though the capacity is horrible so you are basically swapping out a slightly higher capacity for a slightly lower capacity doesn't really make much sense.
Viper 88

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 20th, 2016, 1:52 pm
^Actually, Freespins have a higher capacity. TDK has 8 4-person cars, which is a max of 32 people. Freespins have 5 8-person cars, which is 40 people. It's a great replacement!

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby maxwellt on July 20th, 2016, 1:58 pm
I don't think the park needs a freespin. We are in more of a need of a launching coaster
maxwellt

Postby RollingCoasting on July 20th, 2016, 2:26 pm
^ I agree, a free-spin isn't really needed at a park like Great America. And I personally would rather wait an extra year for a larger coaster instead of getting a smaller one, like a free-spin.
RollingCoasting

Postby maxwellt on July 20th, 2016, 3:42 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:^ I agree, a free-spin isn't really needed at a park like Great America. And I personally would rather wait an extra year for a larger coaster instead of getting a smaller one, like a free-spin.

You know, if they got Mr freeze in 1998 we wouldn't have to worry about another launch coaster...
maxwellt

Postby Tardis1972 on July 20th, 2016, 4:32 pm
I still think we're going to get a free spin at some point, maybe 2018. SFStL is rumored to get the free spin in 2017 right now. I wouldn't mind if we got one actually.
Tardis1972

Postby maxwellt on July 20th, 2016, 9:24 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:I still think we're going to get a free spin at some point, maybe 2018. SFStL is rumored to get the free spin in 2017 right now. I wouldn't mind if we got one actually.

2018 I think will be a launch and then like 2020 get a free spin
maxwellt

Postby JaminOut on July 20th, 2016, 9:25 pm
^Any particular reason?

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby maxwellt on July 20th, 2016, 9:32 pm
JaminOut wrote:^Any particular reason?

Idk the years but the coaster order should be that. We don't quite need a free spin right now or next year

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby anewman35 on July 20th, 2016, 9:33 pm
This is not a dig on anybody personally, people can do what they want, but I think it's really funny that people bother to post "predictions" (sometimes very detailed) of what the park will be getting years from now, considering we don't even have any idea what the ride announced next month will be. (And if the reasoning is that you're just saying what you WANT the park to get, why not call it a wish instead of a prediction?) I know it doesn't matter, just a little pet peeve of mine...
anewman35

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on July 20th, 2016, 11:11 pm
After riding the New England Sky Screamer a couple days ago, I've gone star flyer approved. Is it too late for SFGAm to jump on that train? :P
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Muck Finnesota on July 21st, 2016, 8:19 am
RollingCoasting wrote:^ I agree, a free-spin isn't really needed at a park like Great America.

Agreed, which means we should expect to start seeing signs of one coming within the next 1-2 months.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum