Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Coaster Justin on June 17th, 2016, 5:35 pm
HuskieJohn wrote:
I am surprised they didn't make this the VR ride. Though I wonder if they couldn't because its such a rough ride the VR sets would get knocked off the riders heads!

Ninja at SFStL and Steaming Demon at Great Escape got VR
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 18th, 2016, 4:06 pm
I'd love to see Great America install a new coaster (S&S free spin), but since we just got Justice League we will probably see a flat like most of you have said. Even though I don't like this one, I think we are getting a Pendulum
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on June 18th, 2016, 5:32 pm
I would love to see a Pendulum in Ragin Cajuns spot, Flying Scooters in Sky Trails spot and a Sky Screamer in Revolutions spot for 2017.... 2018, rip that POS known as Buccaneer Battle right out of the ground, and put an S&S 4D in it's place!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Goku1910 on June 19th, 2016, 1:26 am
JaminOut wrote:
HuskieJohn wrote:I think the Demon is the next ride to go but they will build something in Mardi Gras empty spot first.

Maybe something like this...
http://www.phillymag.com/ticket/2015/09 ... r-coaster/

The Operational Manager of the park (Dameon?) has stated Demon is his favorite ride and won't be leaving anytime soon.

Also, the ride you linked is the same one that was mentioned in the post above your's (4D Freefly by S&S).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can only protect it for so long....Demon will eventually hit a tipping point where it can no longer be repaired. Corporate usually decides what the parks get so the day will come where Demon takes it's last stand.....even if the park management doesn't like it.

There's a reason why old Arrow coasters are disappearing fromy parks.
Goku1910

Postby Muck Finnesota on June 20th, 2016, 7:35 am
Johnska wrote:If I were anyone higher-up at the park, I'd tell Damon (I think.) to give the Demon a refresh. Look at the paint job. Overall, Demon is an eyesore. I'd agree by giving it new trains. Also, I'd say give it paint job & change the theme.

New trains on Demon would effectively eliminate it's redeeming quality from a rider's point of view. I'd also say that they probably wouldn't mess with a classic name or theme (I use the word theme loosely) like Demon, but based on some of the recent head-scratching tendencies of the Six Flags chain (what the f is a blue hawk, and why does a paint job/new train warrant a new name?), you never know anymore.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Mr. D.T. on June 20th, 2016, 8:19 am
I got a couple to name here from my silly 36 year old mind:

Relocate Giant Drop to Gurnee Mills for a 450-foot tall free-fall tower, or a similar one to Busch Gardens Tampa.

Remove Buccaneer Battle for a Great America history museum.

Find a space to refurbish and restore Ameri-Go-Round.

Bring back the original park music soundtracks.

Re-convert American Eagle to an RMC Twisted Eagle (similar to Twisted Colossus).

Build a western ranch exhibit in Southwest Territory if at all possible.

Re-theme The Dark Knight.

Remove Jester's Not-So-Wild Ride for another unique flat.

Put something in Ragin' Cajun's spot.
R.I.P. Splashwater Falls and Space Shuttle America. Deja Vu, enjoy Idaho.

Hear ye, hear ye: "After 45 years, Six Flags has stopped smoking."
Mr. D.T.

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 20th, 2016, 8:53 am
Mr. D.T. wrote:I got a couple to name here from my silly 36 year old mind:

Relocate Giant Drop to Gurnee Mills for a 450-foot tall free-fall tower, or a similar one to Busch Gardens Tampa.

Remove Buccaneer Battle for a Great America history museum.

Find a space to refurbish and restore Ameri-Go-Round.

Bring back the original park music soundtracks.

Re-convert American Eagle to an RMC Twisted Eagle (similar to Twisted Colossus).

Build a western ranch exhibit in Southwest Territory if at all possible.

Re-theme The Dark Knight.

Remove Jester's Not-So-Wild Ride for another unique flat.

Put something in Ragin' Cajun's spot.
I actually like TDK theme. I think that it would be silly to have 2 RMC's at a park, but American Eagle needs some type of renovation. I wouldn't want to turn it into a hybrid because that would take away the "longest racing wooden coaster" record. And connecting the blue with red track would also take away that spotlight. I think the best thing to do to this ride is retrack it with gci and then finish painting it. I haven't seen anyone paint it in a while. Were they just painting around the station?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby staticshadows on June 20th, 2016, 1:01 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Coaster Justin on June 21st, 2016, 8:17 am
Muck Finnesota wrote:
Johnska wrote:If I were anyone higher-up at the park, I'd tell Damon (I think.) to give the Demon a refresh. Look at the paint job. Overall, Demon is an eyesore. I'd agree by giving it new trains. Also, I'd say give it paint job & change the theme.

New trains on Demon would effectively eliminate it's redeeming quality from a rider's point of view. I'd also say that they probably wouldn't mess with a classic name or theme (I use the word theme loosely) like Demon, but based on some of the recent head-scratching tendencies of the Six Flags chain (what the f is a blue hawk, and why does a paint job/new train warrant a new name?), you never know anymore.

Blue Hawk is themed to the Military.
Kings Island renamed and repainted their Flight Deck into Bat in 2014.

Plus they can sell NEW expensive Blue Hawk merchandise instead of OLD expensive Ninja merchandise.

Coaster Justin

Postby Mr. D.T. on June 22nd, 2016, 1:27 pm
staticshadows wrote:

The height restriction is set at 310 ft due to Waukegan airport and I don't see the park working with Intamin on a new ride any time soon. Gurnee Mills wouldn't want an old drop tower. Simon Property Group will probably bring in Merlin Entertainment soon to build a Sea Life Aquarium and Legoland DIscovery Center on the back side of the mall as they have done with other Mills properties.

I didn't think Gurnee Mills would want to accept an Intamin drop tower. I never saw a shopping mall with one before with the exception of Mall Of America. It would be interesting for them to have an aquarium, but I wouldn't know where the would have the space for it now that Portillo's occupies where the boats used to sit.
R.I.P. Splashwater Falls and Space Shuttle America. Deja Vu, enjoy Idaho.

Hear ye, hear ye: "After 45 years, Six Flags has stopped smoking."
Mr. D.T.

Postby Coaster Justin on June 22nd, 2016, 3:59 pm
Mr. D.T. wrote:
staticshadows wrote:

The height restriction is set at 310 ft due to Waukegan airport and I don't see the park working with Intamin on a new ride any time soon. Gurnee Mills wouldn't want an old drop tower. Simon Property Group will probably bring in Merlin Entertainment soon to build a Sea Life Aquarium and Legoland DIscovery Center on the back side of the mall as they have done with other Mills properties.

I didn't think Gurnee Mills would want to accept an Intamin drop tower. I never saw a shopping mall with one before with the exception of Mall Of America. It would be interesting for them to have an aquarium, but I wouldn't know where the would have the space for it now that Portillo's occupies where the boats used to sit.

Gurnee Mills was horribly designed from the beginning. 1 Floor, Not in a Circle, No Parking Garage. The List goes on.

Coaster Justin

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on June 22nd, 2016, 8:30 pm
I don't think the layout of Gurnee Mills is terrible and a lot of malls don't have parking garages, but it is true a lot of them are multi-floors.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby GOLI4TH 2014 on June 25th, 2016, 4:01 pm
Honestly I don't see the park getting anything huge but possibly larson flyers, zamperla discovery, or a larson looper.
GOLI4TH 2014

Postby jmanporty7 on June 25th, 2016, 5:28 pm
I think we could very well see a Larson Double Feature with a looper and scooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby Coaster Justin on June 26th, 2016, 10:44 am
GOLI4TH 2014 wrote:Honestly I don't see the park getting anything huge but possibly larson flyers, zamperla discovery, or a larson looper.

Hopefully like the one at Kennywood cause they're fun and fat-friendly.

Coaster Justin

Postby Nightmare31sfgam on July 5th, 2016, 9:22 pm
Ok So all of you think sfgam will get a flat ride package but i think we will see the pictorium be removed and then a new slide complex there, cmon you guys know six flags and you know we arent getting anything good this year :(
#Road To 2017
Nightmare31sfgam

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 5th, 2016, 9:37 pm
No, guys, they're already advertising the new name...

:P

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Nightmare31sfgam on July 5th, 2016, 9:54 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:No, guys, they're already advertising the new name...

:P

Not To sure about that one, maybe Joker super loop?
#Road To 2017
Nightmare31sfgam

Postby DeathbyDinn on July 5th, 2016, 10:07 pm
Nightmare31sfgam wrote:Ok So all of you think sfgam will get a flat ride package but i think we will see the pictorium be removed and then a new slide complex there, cmon you guys know six flags and you know we arent getting anything good this year :(

Six Flags Over Texas got a flat ride package and area revamp after they got Justice Leauge, no reason we couldn't to.
DeathbyDinn

Postby anewman35 on July 5th, 2016, 11:21 pm
They'd put in a new coaster every even year from 2008-2014, which implies by the pattern we'd be overdue for one next year, except it's also possible they consider Justice League to be on par with a new coaster so we'd have another down year next year. Some of our recent down years have been really down years, though, so it would be nice to at least get a new flat ride as opposed to just a show or something.
anewman35

Postby Viper 88 on July 6th, 2016, 1:44 am
I think they should add a retractable screen to the Pictorium and add a stage so they can have a Looney Tunes Theater this way one building can do double duty. From so and so you can have cartoons then from so and so again a performance and just keep alternating have it with open entrance / exit during the cartoon periods but doors closed during character performances. Get rid of the wilderness theater and put in a flat ride for families. The Food area by Wiggles World could house a nice larger family ride something moderate but not too extreme a step up type ride so kids can work up the courag to go on larger rides. Something in Trailblazer's spot finally A Breakdance would be nice there, but a super loop could probably fit. Remove the Antique picture spot and relocate Jester's wild ride if possible and retheme it. Something in Sky trails spot. Remove go karts and add 3 new rides maybe a kiddie area. Remove DDD and add a trabant. Remove Revy in favor ofa new Riddler's revenge type swing same ride upgraded in the same spot. BB torn down and 2 rides added TDK retrofitted for spinning cars if possibl Is it possible to build ontop of JLBFM if it is have a second ride in the same spot ontop of it but have it be the Legion of doom connect the 2 ride experiences so they are actually fighting each other and you could play as either the Justice League or Legion of Doom. Other than that plexiglass barrier on DEMON so waterfall can be turned on again. Plexiglass in DEMON tunnel to bring back entiresurround effect of the lights. Fix the rock structures on DEMON and RR and add more boats and have the waterfalls actualy go over the boats. More Logs and YC boats.
Viper 88

Postby onyxhotel08 on July 7th, 2016, 11:14 am
I would be happy with something done to the Pictorium. It is so underused. And RC spot should get something it is kind of an eyesore. Even when it is used as FF promo.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 7th, 2016, 3:39 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:I would be happy with something done to the Pictorium. It is so underused. And RC spot should get something it is kind of an eyesore. Even when it is used as FF promo.

If they do use RC spot again, I'd like to see them keep the facade. It looks cool.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Jacklw6499 on July 7th, 2016, 4:26 pm
As much as I hate to say it.. I think we will be getting a super loop next year. If only we could get a better flat like a Giant Zamperla Air Race! I would much rather have that to be honest
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby RollingCoasting on July 7th, 2016, 4:50 pm
Hopefully we'll at least get a package of flats, like SFOT and SFFT, instead of just a super loop, if that's in the works.
RollingCoasting

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum