Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JaminOut on June 15th, 2016, 6:01 pm
It's that time of year again! Now that Justice League has opened, it's time to argue over what we think will be added in 2017. I believe that we will see Zamperla Discover (ala Riddler's Revenge).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby stergmi on June 15th, 2016, 6:21 pm
So good bye Revolution :-(

It's been 3 years. Let's tear out the flumes and relocate the picnic area to the front of the park and put in a almost completely over the water 8 looper floorless coaster with splashdown because this boy dares to dream big

Other lame thoughts could be a Fireball in Mardi Gras using Ragin Cajun's queue
stergmi

Postby Tardis1972 on June 15th, 2016, 6:56 pm
I said this in the first new for ride for 2017 thread so I'll say it again here. Larson SuperLoop or S&S 4D.
Last edited by Tardis1972 on June 15th, 2016, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tardis1972

Postby stergmi on June 15th, 2016, 7:04 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:I said in the first new for ride for 2017 thread so I'll say it again here. Larson SuperLoop or S&S 4D.

Yeah, I can see a 4D also in the spot for RC too. Mardis Gras needs to be built up a bit. And a 4D make take some of the line off of V2.
stergmi

Postby RollingCoasting on June 15th, 2016, 7:13 pm
Coke Stand in Metropolis Plaza :wink:
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 15th, 2016, 9:01 pm
V(ipe)R

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on June 15th, 2016, 9:16 pm
S&S Free Spin in Ragin' Cajun's spot?
Larson Superloop in Skytrail's/Ragin' Cajun's spot
Demon makeover similar to Blue Hawk at SFOG (PLZ)
Maybe we'll get that rumored Zamperla Giant Air Race

Just some ideas...
RollingCoasting

Postby X-Flight2012 on June 15th, 2016, 10:57 pm
My dream would to remove the Revolution...

And at a Zamperla Giant Discovery (Riddler's Revenge), Larson Tilt-A-Whirl, and Larson Flying Scooters to replace the Revolution
X-Flight2012

Postby jmanporty7 on June 16th, 2016, 12:32 pm
Larson Super Loop in RC’s former spot called Bourbon Street Fireball. Larson Flying Scooters called Windy City Flyers in the old ropes course spot.

jmanporty7

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 16th, 2016, 1:04 pm
Honestly, a flat ride package is what will fit in best, and what is most reasonable. There are quite a few flats I think we could be getting- Larson Super Loop in RC's spot, Flying Scooters in the old ropes course, and a Giant Discovery to replace Revolution(I cannot remember the last time it had more than a 10 minute wait). We might also do well with a Sky Screamer.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Coaster Justin on June 16th, 2016, 1:15 pm
5 Guesses:

- Camp Cartoon makeover into Bugs Bunny Boomtown like SFOG removing the Wilderness Theater
- Demon getting soft padded restraints and maybe/probably a rename/paint job (Demon- Repossessed?)
- Proslide Hydro Magnetic Waterslide. Something like Wildebeest at Holiday World (Tsunami Surge?)
- Funtime Sky Screamer in the former Sky Trail (Surprised SFAm hasn't gotten that yet)
- Zamperla Discovery replacing Revolution with Revolution going to SFAm (Harley Quinn themed?)

Little Things I want:
- Smoothies, Fried Pickles, Cinnamon Rolls, Buffalo Wings, Chicken & Waffle Sandwich, and Cheesecake Egg Rolls Added on the Dining Plan!***
- Not Chinese Acrobats in the Grand Music Hall
- A Custom Designed Coke Freestyle Flavor named after a Coaster (Like Flavaravn, Rougacool, Mako Blast, Etc.)
- A 3rd Coke Freestyle in County Fair
- A New Film in the Pictorium (SpongeBob?)

*** All are current menu items at other Six Flags parks
Smoothies (SFStL)
Fried Pickles (SFGAdv)
Buffalo Wings (SFOG)
Chicken & Waffle Sandwich (SFStL)
Cheesecake Egg Roll (SFAm)
Cinnamon Rolls (SFDK)
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby staticshadows on June 16th, 2016, 1:42 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby HuskieJohn on June 16th, 2016, 4:14 pm
I think the Demon is the next ride to go but they will build something in Mardi Gras empty spot first.

Maybe something like this...
http://www.phillymag.com/ticket/2015/09 ... r-coaster/
HuskieJohn

Postby JaminOut on June 16th, 2016, 5:56 pm
HuskieJohn wrote:I think the Demon is the next ride to go but they will build something in Mardi Gras empty spot first.

The Operational Manager of the park (Dameon?) has stated Demon is his favorite ride and won't be leaving anytime soon.

Also, the ride you linked is the same one that was mentioned in the post above your's (4D Freefly by S&S).

Last edited by JaminOut on June 17th, 2016, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Johnska on June 16th, 2016, 7:37 pm
For me, it's Buccaneer Battle. Even on hot days, no one is ever on that thing. Also, take out some of that queue, and add a new cred. SFGAm is to Six Flags as Canada's Wonderland is to Cedar Fair. Wonderland is known for having experimental rides. Same as SFGAm. I'm thinking another entry level thrill ride. How about a Junior El Loco from S&S?
Johnska

Postby jmanporty7 on June 16th, 2016, 8:04 pm
I know this isn't the right forum, but basing this on previous posts in this, I think an S&S 4D Free Spin will come in 2018 and replace BB.

Last edited by jmanporty7 on June 18th, 2016, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmanporty7

Postby stergmi on June 16th, 2016, 8:09 pm
I'd love to do something like Gatekeeper (obvi not a winger though) where we knock down the Pictorium and turn it into the station house/queue for a new coaster that works it's way over the entrance, main gate and out towards Condor and back.
stergmi

Postby Johnska on June 16th, 2016, 8:35 pm
SCR5.png
Yum.
Okay, so, I tested the Junior El Loco thingy in BB's spot, and it works with space to spare. Okay, I must admit, it was a RCT 2 recreation, so it's probably not the most accurate. Oh, well.
Johnska

Postby staticshadows on June 16th, 2016, 11:13 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on June 17th, 2016, 12:10 am
I think we will be seeing a Larson super loop in RC's spot. I would love to see some flying scooters in sky trail's spot as well as MANY more Coca Cola freestyles and for the Oreo shake at Johnny Rockets to be on the dining pass officially.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Coaster Justin on June 17th, 2016, 6:31 am
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:I think we will be seeing a Larson super loop in RC's spot. I would love to see some flying scooters in sky trail's spot as well as MANY more Coca Cola freestyles and for the Oreo shake at Johnny Rockets to be on the dining pass officially.

I'd add a Coke Freestyle in every themed area and Hurricane Harbor... County Fair probably needs 2.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby HuskieJohn on June 17th, 2016, 9:23 am
JaminOut wrote:
HuskieJohn wrote:I think the Demon is the next ride to go but they will build something in Mardi Gras empty spot first.

The Operational Manager of the park has (Dameon?) has stated Demon is his favorite rise and won't be leaving anytime soon.

Also, the ride you linked is the same one that was mentioned in the post above your's (4D Freefly by S&S).

Ya its a nostalgic one for us 80's kids since (IIRC) it was the only roller coaster smaller kids could go on back then. Hopefully they can update the restraints.
HuskieJohn

Postby Johnska on June 17th, 2016, 9:58 am
HuskieJohn wrote:
JaminOut wrote:

The Operational Manager of the park has (Dameon?) has stated Demon is his favorite ride and won't be leaving anytime soon.

Ya it's a nostalgic one for us 80's kids since (IIRC) it was the only roller coaster smaller kids could go on back then. Hopefully, they can update the restraints.

If I were anyone higher-up at the park, I'd tell Damon (I think.) to give the Demon a refresh. Look at the paint job. Overall, Demon is an eyesore. I'd agree by giving it new trains. Also, I'd say give it paint job & change the theme.
Johnska

Postby JaminOut on June 17th, 2016, 10:22 am
Johnska wrote:
HuskieJohn wrote:
JaminOut wrote:[quote="HuskieJohn"]I think the Demon is the next ride to go but they will build something in Mardi Gras empty spot first.

The Operational Manager of the park has (Dameon?) has stated Demon is his favorite ride and won't be leaving anytime soon.

Ya it's a nostalgic one for us 80's kids since (IIRC) it was the only roller coaster smaller kids could go on back then. Hopefully, they can update the restraints.

If I were anyone higher-up at the park, I'd tell Damon (I think.) to give the Demon a refresh. Look at the paint job. Overall, Demon is an eyesore. I'd agree by giving it new trains. Also, I'd say give it paint job & change the theme.[/quote]
Not sure they would want to change the theme, but some updated effects would greatly improve the experience too.

Last edited by JaminOut on June 17th, 2016, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby HuskieJohn on June 17th, 2016, 10:53 am
JaminOut wrote:
Johnska wrote:
HuskieJohn wrote:

If I were anyone higher-up at the park, I'd tell Damon (I think.) to give the Demon a refresh. Look at the paint job. Overall, Demon is an eyesore. I'd agree by giving it new trains. Also, I'd say give it paint job & change the theme.

Not sure we you would want to change the theme, but some updated effects would greatly improve the experience too.

I am surprised they didn't make this the VR ride. Though I wonder if they couldn't because its such a rough ride the VR sets would get knocked off the riders heads!
HuskieJohn

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum