Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

What is the Next Coaster To Leave?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Johnska on April 21st, 2016, 3:36 pm
Knowing how loved SFGAM is to Six Flags, we are probably going to get a new coaster sometime recent (although I think St. Louis deserves it more). But, if we want a longer ride and a better one, we need to remove something big. A rollercoaster. (or the pictorium.) So, what is the coaster that would be the best to be removed? My choice probably be Viper or the Demon. What about you?
Johnska

Postby Viper 88 on April 21st, 2016, 3:52 pm
I love them both! So I hope nothing happens to them. That being said my money is on DEMON just because it was an original 1976 opening ride, the company is no longer in business, and they have already replaced the part of track that was by the blood waterfall with a piece from Shockwave which is now completely gone so couldn't be used for replacement pieces. From a thrill standpoint Viper does provide more, but then that would only leave XFlight and Batman as loopers and every good park needs at least one regular sitdown multi looper IMHO. I would much rather them take out TDK and build out towards the lake and put in a cobra roll around the lake, If they did the dimensions and goemetry right they could really have a great coaster there. Other possibilities would be to get rid of the go karts.
Viper 88

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 21st, 2016, 4:05 pm
Always a toughie but I think TDK is a candidate. Demon just got some upgrades so it's harder to think it'll be removed in the next few years. I think getting rid of the go karts would be nice for space.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 21st, 2016, 4:18 pm
I honestly think that TDK is the next to go. Demon has gotten too many updates in the last few years to be removed. Viper still gets consistently long lines, and everything else is either too valuable, too new or too popular. TDK is just a waste of space, universally unliked, and is a huge eyesore.

Edit: That was for coasters. In terms of rides in general, BB, Go-Karts, and Pictorium all have short lives ahead. Removing them will free up a bunch of land. With the combined BB and Go-Kart land, and a modified Employee Path, a nice compact coaster can fit in there. For Pictorium, it as well as the space between SWT and Whizzer can be used as a nice place for a long, secluded ride.
Last edited by Guy_With_A_Stick on April 21st, 2016, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on April 21st, 2016, 4:52 pm
Ditch BB and Go Kart, that frees up a huge piece of land for future development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby jmanporty7 on April 21st, 2016, 6:48 pm
Coaster-wise I say TDK or Demon. TDK is a waste of space, and despite Demon's upgrades, i think it is close to the end of its life. In terms of other rides I say go-karts and BB.
jmanporty7

Postby Re-Check 9 on April 21st, 2016, 7:25 pm
Go-carts are a good candidate for removal because they are very slow to load and unload because of their unusually difficult seat belts, they're loud so you can't really hear the instructions (even though it's common sense) and they stink like gas.

V2 is another candidate because of its low capacity and high maintenance cost, although I'm not sure what else can go in its space.

I've heard a rumor that Eagle is safe because if it is removed the land goes back to the state, but I have no idea if there's any validity to that. I'd like to see Eagle get the RMC treatment.
Re-Check 9

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 21st, 2016, 7:37 pm
^If Eagle was removed, the land would still be GAm's property. They just can't use it since new laws about the construction of new things x feet from a road were made after Eagle. As for RMC Eagle, I don't really see the point. We have Goliath 500 feet away, there's not much to work with other than the helix, and it might not comply with the above explanation. Most RMC conversions need new wood for some parts. It won't do with the highway 50 feet away. What can work is a GCI/GG redo. New trains, track, paint,(maybe) change the hills to be parabolic, and improve capacity.

Sorry to rant a bit, but I had to say it.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby staticshadows on April 21st, 2016, 8:09 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby CoasterMike on April 22nd, 2016, 3:27 am
If the park doesn't decide to either paint Vertical Velocity or Superman Ultimate Flight with in the next few years, then my guess is that they will be removed. It makes sense because, why spend a ton of money to completely repaint a ride, and then choose to remove it. The park really needs to paint those two rides bad!
CoasterMike

Postby Viper 88 on April 22nd, 2016, 10:40 am
You know I was actually going to say V2 but didn't want to get caught in a $#!t storm. But I agree what else could you put in that spot then it came to me how about Tidal Wave 2? I mean GA doesn't care about themeing anymore. LIM motors for faster acceleration 100ft loop and a train that features both forward and backwards facing seats. Of course that is basically dashed if they decide to put in a bourbon street fireball in RC's old spot it would basically be the same thing , though better because it's higher and faster.
Viper 88

Postby Johnska on April 22nd, 2016, 3:57 pm
V2 would actually be nice to go. Include Logger's Run and Yankee Clipper in the mix and everyone will be fine. Next, build an awesome coaster over there. (I'm thinking I-305 style?)
Johnska

Postby MrsTaxi on April 22nd, 2016, 6:09 pm
I think S:UF will be relocated....just a hunch. Non Coaster to leave....I'd say Pictorium is as good as gone and BB,too.
MrsTaxi

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 22nd, 2016, 10:06 pm
I feel like V2 could be relocated, but that area is hard to make a coaster out of but hey I'm sure a sky rocket II could fit in that area (not saying I would really want that though)
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Mr. D.T. on April 23rd, 2016, 9:58 pm
I agree with doing away with BB and the Go-Karts: the Karts have completely ruined Yukon Territory when they were built. They could return the classic Bugs Bunny Land and re-theme the cheesy Kidzopolis.
Mr. D.T.

Postby Johnska on April 24th, 2016, 9:51 am
Mr. D.T. wrote:I agree with doing away with BB and the Go-Karts: the Karts have completely ruined Yukon Territory when they were built. They could return the classic Bugs Bunny Land and re-theme the cheesy Kidzopolis.
We're talking about rollercoasters. Not Go-Karts. we all know that they are the worst (Along with BB) What's the COASTER that you want to see leave.
Johnska

Postby X-Flight2012 on April 24th, 2016, 10:12 am
If we get a launch coaster in the coming years, then I think V2 is going to be our next coaster out.

But, I can also see Superman or the Dark Knight leaving depending on space issues.
X-Flight2012

Postby Goku1910 on April 24th, 2016, 2:03 pm
I honestly hope TDK leaves. If not that, Demon. What I really want from SFGAm is a consistent theme. X-Flight did this well with it's entrance and keyhole, not so much with the station but that area of the park still looks marginally better than the rest.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Muck Finnesota on April 24th, 2016, 6:47 pm
I'd hate to see it be anything other than Superman. Realistically, I can see V2 or Demon being more likely candidates. That would be a bummer.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby stergmi on April 24th, 2016, 8:36 pm
I'm all for Loggers Run/Yankee Clipper and V2 all going so something nice can go in there with all that land freed up.

LR and YC are old, rough and boring. Sorry, hate to say it but a lot of the fun from a log flume right is the theming. Which is non-existent. Add into the fact that those flumes don't last forever (BGW just replaced Le Scoot's flumes which I think aren't as old as what we have) and low ridership and I think it seals it up. Plus are water rides even that needed anymore in the days of having an attached waterpark?

Throw an S&S Free Spin in the old RC spot. Put up a Fireball where the balloon rides are in Mardis Gars. Dump BB and Go-Karts and Pictorium and you got plenty of space to build without having to get rid of anything else.
stergmi

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 24th, 2016, 8:45 pm
Well today, which reached 80 degrees, and the back lot being half full, the log ride was reaching hour waits. YC, however, can leave.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby stergmi on April 24th, 2016, 8:56 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Well today, which reached 80 degrees, and the back lot being half full, the log ride was reaching hour waits. YC, however, can leave.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

I don't know how much good taking one out and not the other will do
stergmi

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 24th, 2016, 9:04 pm
Did I say Yankee Clipper? Sorry, I meant Buccaneer Battle. I agree, double or nothing for the flumes.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby stergmi on April 24th, 2016, 9:06 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Did I say Yankee Clipper? Sorry, I meant Buccaneer Battle. I agree, double or nothing for the flumes.

We still have Roaring Rapids
stergmi

Postby Viper 88 on April 24th, 2016, 10:27 pm
Being at the park today went on sky trek tower and realized there is a large grassy hill by the employee parking. My theory is to build an employee parking garage and expand in to that existing lot area. Also build offices there or put them across the street in the nearly empty strip mall on Milwaukee. Then other things came to me as I was in the park. By Hometown park there is a little pond that is just big enough for a flat ride if filled in and done right. This area is also right by BB so something coaster like could go there or 3 flats if done right. This could only be done if you removed the nacho stand and put it where the chicken place is by DEMON. You could also get rid of one side of the sames going to SWT and add a flat there. Trailblazer's old spot. Gokart could have a huge plot for middle family rides nothing too extreme possibly 4 maybe 5 again the geometry would have to be right. Dare Devil Dive could be removed and a flat put in or you could move and retheme Ricochet again opening space in SWT. IN terms of the flumes I really do not want to see them go I would love for them to be replaces and recreated with their original capacity this hour wait stuff is BS ( I only go on the water rides because I despise the water park and feel it should have been elsewhere in Gurnee Maybe across the expressway and made a seperate gate park)
Viper 88

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum