Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New for 2016 - Justice League: Battle for Metropolis

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 13th, 2016, 12:16 pm
100 days!

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby FParker185 on January 15th, 2016, 8:43 pm
My response was half sarcastic, but in the latest pic the park posted, the roof is still not done. In other news SF Mexico has ride system components and the first stages of themeing installed.

FParker185 wrote:Seeing as it's a prefab building that should go together in 2-3 weeks, and it's been to 2-3 months now but it's being built at SFGAm so I'm going to guess the roof is most likely not done yet
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby coasterrider2 on January 18th, 2016, 11:10 pm
FParker185 wrote:My response was half sarcastic, but in the latest pic the park posted, the roof is still not done. In other news SF Mexico has ride system components and the first stages of themeing installed.

FParker185 wrote:Seeing as it's a prefab building that should go together in 2-3 weeks, and it's been to 2-3 months now but it's being built at SFGAm so I'm going to guess the roof is most likely not done yet

Well the good thing is that its going to come down to the last minute so all of the maintenance staff will be pulled from rehabbing the rides to work on this :lol:
coasterrider2

Postby Viper 88 on January 19th, 2016, 11:34 am
I'm just asking a question so please don't shoot me, but what happens when the Batman V. Superman comes and goes, and then the Justice League movie comes and goes; would it be responsible of the park to keep this ride or should they try and upgrade some how. I mean we had Space Shuttle America and we have TDK. SSA was at least able to change the video. TDK, was good until about 2010/2011 now the novelty is wearing off and even kids don't want to ride it anymore. Do you think JLBFM is going to run into the same problems? Can they change themeing of the ride, or would it be a complete demo? Do you think if it runs into these problems they could turn it into a permanent haunted house for the season or just FF? Did any of you visit Maison Rouge @ La Ronde if yes how was it??
Viper 88

Postby coasterrider2 on January 19th, 2016, 12:06 pm
Viper 88 wrote:I'm just asking a question so please don't shoot me, but what happens when the Batman V. Superman comes and goes, and then the Justice League movie comes and goes; would it be responsible of the park to keep this ride or should they try and upgrade some how. I mean we had Space Shuttle America and we have TDK. SSA was at least able to change the video. TDK, was good until about 2010/2011 now the novelty is wearing off and even kids don't want to ride it anymore. Do you think JLBFM is going to run into the same problems? Can they change themeing of the ride, or would it be a complete demo? Do you think if it runs into these problems they could turn it into a permanent haunted house for the season or just FF? Did any of you visit Maison Rouge @ La Ronde if yes how was it??

Superheroes will always be popular. Batman was built almost 25 years ago and that's still popular. SSA was just changing the film and movement of the seats in the theater. To retheme JL would be far more expensive and difficult to change.
coasterrider2

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 19th, 2016, 12:25 pm
Viper 88 wrote:I'm just asking a question so please don't shoot me, but what happens when the Batman V. Superman comes and goes, and then the Justice League movie comes and goes; would it be responsible of the park to keep this ride or should they try and upgrade some how. I mean we had Space Shuttle America and we have TDK. SSA was at least able to change the video. TDK, was good until about 2010/2011 now the novelty is wearing off and even kids don't want to ride it anymore. Do you think JLBFM is going to run into the same problems? Can they change themeing of the ride, or would it be a complete demo? Do you think if it runs into these problems they could turn it into a permanent haunted house for the season or just FF? Did any of you visit Maison Rouge @ La Ronde if yes how was it??

Justice League isn't just a movie, it's a franchise. Like said above, Batman was built in 1991 and is still getting and hour+ lines. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby coasterrider2 on January 19th, 2016, 12:31 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:

Justice League isn't just a movie, it's a franchise. Like said above, Batman was built in 1991 and is still getting and hour+ lines. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

'92 :wink:
coasterrider2

Postby Viper 88 on January 19th, 2016, 12:43 pm
I know its also a franchise, but compared to BTR, I just don't see it with staying power BTR has other things going for it 1 first outside looping coaster and 2 ACE landmark status.
Viper 88

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 19th, 2016, 12:57 pm
^You need to think in the eyes of the GP. When they go to a park, they don't care one bit about an ACE landmark. They do care about it being Batman, however. So if a ride features Batman, Superman, AND all of the DC heroes, then they'll be very interested.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RaceBoarder on January 20th, 2016, 9:55 pm
The GP associates DC Comics properties with Six Flags... Justice League is probably the 3rd/4th most iconic property DC has... It won't get old anytime soon, especially with superhero movies being front and center at the box office through at least 2020 and probably beyond...

It's smart, safe marketing for SFGAm....
RaceBoarder

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 21st, 2016, 6:36 pm
I think Justice League will be popular for the long run. I can totally see myself riding it at least once a trip trying to get a higher score then everybody I'm with. Especially my dad, he always has a higher score than me on a ride like the Toy Story shooting ride or Gobbler Getaway at Holiday World. It's nice to get a shooting dark ride at my home park and the general public, especially families, will flock to it for years to come hopefully.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on January 23rd, 2016, 2:44 am
90 more days!
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby anewman35 on January 23rd, 2016, 12:54 pm
anewman35

Postby JaminOut on January 23rd, 2016, 3:58 pm
I smell a future filled with flat rides...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 23rd, 2016, 4:02 pm

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby anewman35 on January 23rd, 2016, 6:41 pm
There isn't really room there for much else, is there?
anewman35

Postby JaminOut on January 23rd, 2016, 6:50 pm
I mean two smaller family flats, not a huge area.

Was Anyone at no coaster con?
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby great america fan on January 23rd, 2016, 8:00 pm
anewman35 wrote:There isn't really room there for much else, is there?

I could see some flying scooners across the way by the service entrance.
great america fan

Postby Coaster Justin on January 23rd, 2016, 8:07 pm
JaminOut wrote:I mean two smaller family flats, not a huge area.

Was Anyone at no coaster con?

I was
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby JaminOut on January 23rd, 2016, 8:32 pm
^What did they talk about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby DejaVu2001 on January 23rd, 2016, 9:11 pm
Here is all the Justice League stuff from No Coaster Con

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis opens May 28th, Season Pass preview May 27.

Construction Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1467O9l ... e=youtu.be

Video of Sally Corporation's presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFak-kP ... e=youtu.be
DejaVu2001

Postby Tardis1972 on January 24th, 2016, 11:54 am
great america fan wrote:

Or maybe a small drop tower like in the picture that got posted.
Tardis1972

Postby great america fan on January 24th, 2016, 12:52 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:
great america fan wrote:

That would be kind of close to giant drop though. I wouldn't mind a small drop tall it just seems kind of odd to put two drop towers right next to each other.
great america fan

Postby Coaster Justin on January 24th, 2016, 1:53 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:
great america fan wrote:

I'd prefer that Joker Funhouse walk through.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby B&MGuy35 on January 26th, 2016, 1:51 pm
Anyone at No Coaster Con get info on "Enhanced Lex Luthor Scene"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum