Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby skibum101184 on June 25th, 2014, 8:16 am
Tardis1972 wrote:What's wrong with SUF being replace by a vekoma flying coaster?

What GA needs is some kind of DC villain themed ride. GA is one of the few major six flags parks that doesn't have a villain themed ride. It doesn't have to be a roller coaster.

Couldn't SFGAm just re-theme something that's already in the park if they wanted a 'villain' themed ride?
skibum101184

Postby Tardis1972 on June 25th, 2014, 10:01 am
Yes GA can rename one of their rides to a DC villain theme, but what ride will it be. I want to see either Orleans place or Mardi Gras re-themed because GA doesn't need two New Orleans themed areas in the park.
Tardis1972

Postby skibum101184 on June 25th, 2014, 11:42 am
Tardis1972 wrote:A suspended Catapult coaster like Volcano the blast coaster at KD would look great at GA, but I don't know where it could go. The southwest theater is a large enough spot for one.

I've ridden Volcano a few times and would love to see a full circuit, Intamin inverted launch at SFGAm. Volcano is the only one that I know of in the world.
skibum101184

Postby anewman35 on June 25th, 2014, 12:18 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:I don't care what everyone says about this one. Kumba or Dragon khan clone in SUF spot in 2018.

Yes, I'm sure we're going to get a clone of a decades old ride from a different chain.

Just out of curiously, how old are you?
anewman35

Postby Tardis1972 on June 25th, 2014, 1:18 pm
Might I ask why you want to know how old I am.

I would like to see GA build a new racing coaster where American Eagle stands now. I only say this because we all know AE will have to go a day.
Tardis1972

Postby Coaster Justin on June 25th, 2014, 3:35 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:Might I ask why you want to know how old I am.

I would like to see GA build a new racing coaster where American Eagle stands now. I only say this because we all know AE will have to go a day.

Cause your posts are "very creative" Plus the rumor is American Eagle merging into 1 coaster by RMC. Also

"Will Have to go a day"? What do you mean by that.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 25th, 2014, 3:43 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:I would like to see GA build a new racing coaster where American Eagle stands now. I only say this because we all know AE will have to go a day.

We can't even BUILD anything on AE's spot due to Gurnee zoning laws. Either retrack it(not Iron Horse), or leave it as is.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Tardis1972 on June 25th, 2014, 4:05 pm
Well if AE spot can't be reused for another coaster then I say AE should be left alone.
Tardis1972

Postby nick42085 on June 25th, 2014, 4:08 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:Might I ask why you want to know how old I am

We want to know because your ideas are laugh-able
Subscribe to my youtube at

Youtube.com/user/nick42085

"I'm Nick and I haven't rode a coaster since June 10th 2014"
nick42085

Postby acer711 on June 25th, 2014, 4:13 pm
I wish for a camera like the construction cam facing the parking lot so we can see how busy it is, is that so hard?! It would make judging if I should make the drive so much easier!
acer711

Postby Goku1910 on June 25th, 2014, 4:26 pm
TwistedSTEEL666 wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:They could redesign the employee parking lot and move the Picnic Grove there behind Wilderness Theater

That's an idea I can get behind. It would free up some space for a new attraction or coaster.
Is Wilderness Theater even used that much anymore?

This involves a lot of landscaping though. They say Great America can't build too close to Washington or the highway, but they didn't say anything about parking lots so it is possible. You also need to remember that there are service roads, maintenance sheds, greenhouses, and other misc storage back there. That would all need to be moved.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Tardis1972 on June 25th, 2014, 4:34 pm
20 years old. What surprises me is that no one has said any thing about my username.
Most of what I post in this topic are about what coasters I would like to see GA build because those are the type of coasters I haven't ridden yet. That's why I said I would like to see SUF be replaced with a B&M floorless or sitdown coaster.
Tardis1972

Postby sfgam-fan on June 25th, 2014, 9:29 pm
I think the difference is the approach to the term "wish list." I'd like for SFGAM to simply build Millennium Force, Tatsu, Beast, and Apollo's Chariot clones in the park so I can ride them all the time, but I know there's not a chance in the world the park would actually do that (nor should it).

So for a realistic wish list, a sub-330 foot intamin giga out and back coaster in the Pictorium through X-Flight corridor, giving American Eagle the RMC treatment, and re-developing the flume area.

I like the idea of freeing up space by pushing the picnic grove over the tracks and into the parking lot, but it would take a long time for the new trees to mature. Not sure if the park is willing to change the character of the grove that drastically.
sfgam-fan

Postby Jacklw6499 on June 25th, 2014, 11:07 pm
Here are my things I'd like to see at Great America in the next 10-20 years.

- The Great American Sky Screamer
- Dark Ride (i.e. Shooting or some other sort of other dark ride)
- Bigger better flat rides (The park draws the most through coasters so some good flat rides would help.)
- Flume Area Renovation (Yeah I know its Six Flags but hey, some theming could help. That area sure needs some work and a little theming would be nice to brighten up the area)
- NEW PAINT JOBS, for example AMERICAN EAGLE I mean come on. I really really hope thats planned for the 40th year anniversary. I'd also like to see BTR repainted in it's original color scheme.
- Better Food. This is a tough one, but hey after visiting Kings Island I gotta say something :lol:
- Make the entrance more appealing. By this I mean put more attractions near the front. Don't ruin the iconic carousel, but make it say, "Hey welcome to SFGAm, are you ready to have the best day of your summer?"

Now onto what we all want and desire the most. Future coasters. While it may be a while until we get a new coaster, it's still fun to speculate.

- Family Coaster. This hasn't been mentioned much but I think that a Family launch coaster similar to Firechaser Express and Backlot Stunt Coaster would be a great fit.

- American Eagle RMC Iron Horse. Yes, yes I know. We all want Eagle to stay. But you have to look at things realistically and hey, Eagles pretty darn rough. The RMC retrack would be very cool, as American Eagle is such a long ride. But at the same time it makes me think.... AE is such a classic! I don't want it to go but hey, just throwing it out there.

- A Maverick type ride in the Mardi Gras Area. We can all admit, Mardi Gras needs a new attraction to keep some life in that area. I think Intamin could design a coaster that hugs the ground and takes up a small footprint just like Maverick which I LOVE!!! Oh Six Flags I can only dream :)

- An Intamin Giga Coaster. Ah yes, you all may or may not of known this was coming, but who WOULD'NT want a Giga in the park. It would put Great America on the map for sooo many years. It really isn't impossible as everyone says. Gurnee Board would clear it in a heartbeat because they want more traffic and more money! You also have to think, Ok, before you know it, Gigas will become the norm for many parks just as Hyper Coasters have.

- An S&S type Steel Hawg or El Loco ride. I would prefer this to a Gerstlauer Eurofighter considering there are so many.

- Whatever Intamin B&M RMC come up with next, were ready.

Thanks For Reading Everyone! Reply your thoughts!

EDIT: Forgot to mention Hurricane Harbor and honestly I could care less, but if it draws more traffic to the park so SFGAm should expand a bit. Maybe a water coaster??? :?:
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby anewman35 on June 25th, 2014, 11:16 pm
Jacklw6499 wrote:- An Intamin Giga Coaster. Ah yes, you all may or may not of known this was coming, but who WOULD'NT want a Giga in the park. It would put Great America on the map for sooo many years. It really isn't impossible as everyone says. Gurnee Board would clear it in a heartbeat because they want more traffic and more money! You also have to think, Ok, before you know it, Gigas will become the norm for many parks just as Hyper Coasters have.

"More traffic" is pretty much exactly what the Gurnee Board DOESN'T want (because the residents of Gurnee, who elect them, have enough traffic problems as it is). Anyway, it probably doesn't matter what the board wants, because (at least if the commonly repeated line is accurate, and I don't know that it is) the park can't build anything higher than Sky Trek Tower because it is in the flight path of Waukegan Airport.
anewman35

Postby Tardis1972 on June 25th, 2014, 11:21 pm
X2 clone in go carts spot if possible in 2018. El loco is RC spot in 2016. Mine coaster is SWT in 2016 as well. Goliath backwards in 2016 (I know it won't happen).
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on June 25th, 2014, 11:43 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:Might I ask why you want to know how old I am.

:

RollingCoasting wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:There is another type of coaster that I think could fit in SUF spot and that's a vekoma flying coaster. It can be a Batwing clone and still be called superman ultimate flight.

Tardis1972 wrote:I don't care what everyone says about this one. Kumba or Dragon khan clone in SUF spot in 2018. Also I think AE won't get the iron horse treatment ever. How many more years do you think AE will last and should another racing coaster take its place?

The second idea is good but:

anewman35 wrote:Yes, I'm sure we're going to get a clone of a decades old ride from a different chain.

The first one however... is... :shock: :?: :!:
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on June 25th, 2014, 11:51 pm
Doesn't anyone here want to see a Kumba like coaster?
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on June 25th, 2014, 11:53 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:Yes GA can rename one of their rides to a DC villain theme, but what ride will it be. I want to see either Orleans place or Mardi Gras re-themed because GA doesn't need two New Orleans themed areas in the park.

If they were to do this, I could see it in Mardi Gras more than Orleans Place.
Roaring Rapids = Penguin's Blizzard River
King Chaos = Gotham City Crime Wave
Jester's Wild Ride = Riddle Me This
(Just an Idea) Big Easy Balloons = Mr.Freezes Flight (With ice cream cone shaped balloons)

If Orleans Place:
S:UF = Freeze Flight (Themed after Mr.Freeze. I didn't use Bizzaro because Bizzaro Bumpers sounds better than Mr.Freeze's Bumper Cars)
Rue Le Dodge = Bizzaro Bumpers
TDK = Joker
Condor = Yeah. I have nothing
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on June 25th, 2014, 11:58 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:Doesn't anyone here want to see a Kumba like coaster?

I would like to see something like that, but as anewman35 said: We aren't going to get a clone of a ride from another chain from over two decades ago.

Maybe if another park gives up their ignored* floorless coaster in a few years and gives it to us. cough Scream!* cough.
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on June 26th, 2014, 12:00 am
I think DKC should be re-themed to fit all three movies. The bumper cars should be joker themed and Mr. Freeze clone in the space behind DKC.
Tardis1972

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 26th, 2014, 12:03 am
Employee road says no

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on June 26th, 2014, 12:19 am
As someone said in a different thread, move Little Dipper to Cajun's spot. Now I know what you're all thinking (facepalm) and that they would have to completely rebuild it, but:
If they remove the Go-Karts and Buccaneer Battle, they'd have a decent space for a coaster.
Maybe the queue in Dipper's spot. Yukon Territory really needs something good! It's basically the least thrilling area of the park.

Also credit to Tardis1972 for the Little Dipper idea.
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on June 26th, 2014, 12:24 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Employee road says no

Plus it's also a bus route and a lot of people take the bus.
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 26th, 2014, 12:25 am
And don't forget the houses!

Guy_With_A_Stick

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum