Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Trip to SF St. Louis

Going to a park and want to meet up with other members of this site. Feel free to post where you will be going!
Postby ttd rox on December 4th, 2007, 6:59 pm
I'm not sure if this is in TR or M&G forums so the mods can change it but I want to get a little info ahead of time because I'm going for my first time there. So who ever has been there if you can give me some info. Thanks! I'm riding Mr. Freeze first.
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

Top 3 Wood Coasters: 1. The Beast 2. American Eagle (Red) 3. Hades
ttd rox

Postby Mr. D.T. on December 4th, 2007, 9:37 pm
I'm gonna tell you first thing at opening to ride The Boss. Otherwise there'll be an impassible line there. Screamin' Eagle is like our Eagle except more bunnyhops and it's not as long. They built the Tony Hawk mad-mouse to replace something. I'm sure Evel Kenievel will become a tribute coaster cause the real Evel died recently. That's a new wooden coaster for 2008.

Be sure to ride Scooby Doo Ghostblasters first thing since lines grow quickly and loading is slow. Ninja and the Mine coaster can be saved for last since they're the 'baby' coasters of the park. The train ride is a tour around the park. The Ferris Wheel is good day and night.
R.I.P. Splashwater Falls and Space Shuttle America. Deja Vu, enjoy Idaho.

Hear ye, hear ye: "After 45 years, Six Flags has stopped smoking."
Mr. D.T.

Postby Trailblazer Tony on December 4th, 2007, 9:52 pm
I would think that Tony Hawk and Evel would have the longest lines....and I think the Boss sucked, whereas, i thought River King Mine Ride was quite good, so take it for what it's worth.
RIP: Trailblazer and Deja Vu...heck, even Alien Encounter :(

Fangs Up Cobra Style!!!

Chitown's finest resident here!!!!!
Trailblazer Tony

Postby superflybri on December 4th, 2007, 10:09 pm
^ depends when you go...

Evel may not be open yet..

Boss is good, I found that if you sit in the Front row it is less painful. Otherwise I found it to be a painful ride.

Mr. Freeze I believe the best ride there.

Screamin' Eagle- Great Ride.

Only problem with this park, a lot, I mean A LOT of times they only run one train ops. Which totally stinks for lines. (I only went in fall though)
superflybri

Postby Danhockey04 on December 5th, 2007, 1:37 am
Boss is probably their best coaster there in my opinion. But be sure to hit up Scooby, that is a classic that all SFI parks should have.
Universal Orlando Mechanical Engineer
Marathon down, Goofy to go.
Danhockey04

Postby cycamps on December 5th, 2007, 8:08 pm
I've never been their either...
cycamps

Postby ttd rox on January 2nd, 2008, 8:03 pm
Trailblazer Tony wrote:I would think that Tony Hawk and Evel would have the longest lines....and I think the Boss sucked

Yeah, My friend said it was really rough. I know that wooden coaster are suppose to give you a good shake but there's something wrong with my head and gets me dizzy. Which sucks because I ride coaster a lot. It happened on Demon 2 years ago I banged my head hard couldn't hear well out of it for the rest of the day. Woke up the next morning with blood on my pillow which came from my ear. Sorry, I'm getting of subject.
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

ttd rox

Postby Galvan317 on January 6th, 2008, 11:45 pm
Boss is rough but not extremely rough, not as bad as the other wooden coasters with Gerstlauer trains ive been on at least. I would imagine Evel and THBS having the longest lines so try to tackle those first. They have a pretty good coaster collection for such a small park. It doesnt look like the new coaster is going to be ready for opening so you want to follow up on that. Definitley do not miss Scooby Doo, my favorite ride in the park.
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby ttd rox on January 12th, 2008, 10:07 am
Is the Boss worst than Hades?^

ttd rox

Postby Galvan on January 12th, 2008, 11:59 am
Depending on the weather Boss can be either very good, and really sucky. The speed on that ride is great especially on the final two helixi.

Mr. Freeze is decent, (The one at SFOT is better in my opinion)

I compare Screamin' Eagle more to a cross between Viper and American Eagle in airtime and speed etc. They have recently done track work on some of the bunnyhills and the airtime is quite good (hence the Viper/AE Refrence)
Galvan

Postby ttd rox on January 12th, 2008, 6:07 pm
Thanks. I should be able to get in all the coasters since I'm staying there 2 nights and using my season pass after I use and activate it at SFGAm. Here's what I'm riding in order. (Coasters.)

1. Evel
2. Mr. Freeze
3. Boss
4. Tony Hawk's
5. Screamin' Eagle
6. Batman
7. Ninja
8. River King

ttd rox

Postby ttd rox on March 10th, 2008, 4:08 pm
Well it's offical, I'll be going here instead of Cedar Point this year. I'm kinda exciting about visiting this park. Any more tips?

ttd rox

Postby ttd rox on April 21st, 2008, 6:18 pm
I'm going in August this year. I'm still not too familiar with the flats so what are some good flats there?

ttd rox

Postby yankee Clipper91 on April 21st, 2008, 8:34 pm
One of the flats there is the Highland Fling which looks exactly the same as the orbit. But has different colors.
Rip Sky whirl (1976-2000)
yankee Clipper91

Postby bigb7965 on May 3rd, 2008, 12:52 pm
ttd rox wrote:I'm going in August this year. I'm still not too familiar with the flats so what are some good flats there?

here is a fan site where you can see some of the flats

http://www.sfstl.net/index.php
"Prepare for launch. Goodbye"

My Coaster Counter
bigb7965

Return to Meetings and Gatherings Forum