Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Closing Weekend Meet-Up(s)

Going to a park and want to meet up with other members of this site. Feel free to post where you will be going!
Postby RollingCoasting on November 12th, 2017, 4:55 pm
Alright, 1 week left until the 2017 season is over. The King Chaos meet-up was a success so I'm posting this topic. Anyone want to meet-up for the last ride of the season on...? I was thinking Bull, but there's a Sprint ERT on it after the park closes anyway, so probably something else.

I'm open to ideas.
Last edited by RollingCoasting on November 15th, 2017, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 14th, 2017, 8:50 am
We're trying to decide between Sat and Sunday this weekend. Saturday high is 45 but cloudy and small chance of rain. Sunday will be Sunny but 32 high according to AccuWeather. I'd hate to drive there again and the park ends up closed. I have to imagine Saturday will be busier even with chance of rain since it will be warmer and it's Saturday. So I think it's more likely the park will be open and have rides running Sat vs Sun.

Thoughts??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on November 14th, 2017, 6:02 pm
Maybe I can bring back FANswers if anyone wants to be involved?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on November 14th, 2017, 6:37 pm
I think it could go either way which day ends up being "busier", but I honestly don't think crowds will be a problem at all given what we've been seeing these past 2 weeks. If the park keeps their word and stays open 12-8 both days, they'll probably be very similar operation-wise. Sunday is suppose to be a fair bit colder but Saturday is going to be really windy, so I could see the same rides being closed. (Probably Whizzer and Giant Drop, maybe X-Flight) Also, I don't see any possible rain in the forecast (Accuweather) so I doubt there'll be another park closure. :)

Coaster Justin wrote:Maybe I can bring back FANswers if anyone wants to be involved?

Go for it :D
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 15th, 2017, 12:31 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I think it could go either way which day ends up being "busier", but I honestly don't think crowds will be a problem at all given what we've been seeing these past 2 weeks. If the park keeps their word and stays open 12-8 both days, they'll probably be very similar operation-wise. Sunday is suppose to be a fair bit colder but Saturday is going to be really windy, so I could see the same rides being closed. (Probably Whizzer and Giant Drop, maybe X-Flight) Also, I don't see any possible rain in the forecast (Accuweather) so I doubt there'll be another park closure. :)

Coaster Justin wrote:Maybe I can bring back FANswers if anyone wants to be involved?

Go for it :D

RC, I was thinking of actually going on the "busier" day because the park is more likely to be open on that day! Saturday does show rain but it ends around noon approximately. But 18-22 mph winds for Sat. afternoon.
As for Sunday I see that high is going to be 34, which means it's going to be probably upper 20's in late morning. I can't imagine them running too many rides in those temps. If I don't go Saturday and then they're closed Sunday I totally lose out. The deciding factor could be that there's no rain (or snow) on Sunday. Tough call!!

From AccuWeather

Saturday
46°Hi RealFeel® 34° Precipitation 67%
Periods of rain in the morning; otherwise, mainly cloudy and windy

Sunday
34°Hi RealFeel® 30° Precipitation 0%
Sunny to partly cloudy and cold

CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on November 15th, 2017, 1:42 pm
I see the forecast has changed a bit for Saturday, very likely going to rain for some of park operations. Like you said though, Sunday is inclement weather-free aside from being super cold, so I'd say it's a better bet.

Anyways, I've changed the thread to Closing Weekend Meet-Ups so you can arrange for Saturday as well if you and other members decide to go then. Personally I can only make Sunday

As for last ride meetup (On 11/19), I was thinking maybe last train of the year on Batman. Anyone up for that?
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 15th, 2017, 2:53 pm
RC, We're going on Sunday now!! The weather overall will be better.

I can try to make the Batman meetup. I'll have my family with me. Or we could meet up earlier in the day?

I'll be wearing red soft shell jacket, red hat, black pants.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Tardis1972 on November 17th, 2017, 12:16 pm
I'll be going Sunday but I'm looking up get on the last train on Bull. Shouldn't be too hard. I just have to wait outside the entrance until it's just about to be closed off.
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on November 17th, 2017, 12:48 pm
Just to warn you, there is a Sprint ERT on Bull after the park closes so it wouldn't be the last ride of the season (Unless you have Sprint) :P
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on November 17th, 2017, 4:10 pm
That's right I forgot about that. Then I'll be going for the last year on either Goliath or Joker as long as both are open.
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 19th, 2017, 12:30 am
We're going tomorrow. I was thinking last ride on Eagle Red, so my 7yo can go as well. But Goliath would work too or X-Flight or Batman. I don't have Sprint so I can't attend the ERT for Raging Bull.

I'll be wearing red soft shell jacket, black overpants and a red hat in case anyone else is there!
I'm mid 40's.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on November 19th, 2017, 1:42 pm
I'm at the park and in line for Batman which is testing with employees. Very light crowds

Edit: it's open
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on November 19th, 2017, 2:18 pm
I think we should do Goliath for the last ride. It'll work for people with 48 inch riders in their group and it's easier than Batman since the queue is outdoors. Who's in?
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on November 19th, 2017, 2:58 pm
Won't be able to make it. Work
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on November 19th, 2017, 7:47 pm
Well, 1 hour left. Anyone else doing the meet-up?
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on November 19th, 2017, 8:44 pm
I'm outside Goliath's entrance if anyone's coming...
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on November 19th, 2017, 11:01 pm
So we both got to ride the final train. You were row 1 and I was row 3. We were actually the last ones to enter the queue.
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on November 19th, 2017, 11:07 pm
Kinda funny that we were both on the last King Chaos ride and the last Goliath cycle of the season, yet we haven't met each other. Hopefully next year! :D

I did actually meet up with another enthusiast by complete chance on an earlier Goliath ride (Asked me if I was an enthusiast) but I think he said he's not a member of this site
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on November 19th, 2017, 11:17 pm
I was just about to edit my post and mention that. Yeah maybe next year were meet up.
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 20th, 2017, 2:34 pm
RC, Thanks for changing the last ride to Goliath. Unfortunately I didn't get this until today! My 7 yo and I ended up leaving around 645. She was getting cold. My wife and my 3 yo left around 400 PM and it turned out to be nap time for her!

I was at the park and we actually walked by Goliath right as it got stuck at the very top of the lift hill so I might have walked right past you! I ended up going on it (alone) a little later. My 7 yo was thinking it would get stuck on us as well so she wouldn't go on it despite the fact that she rode it 4x this season.

I ended the season with 2 very unlikely rides: Justice League then River Rocker! I thought Eagle red would be my last but then my daughter wanted to do at least 1 more ride. Justice League is actually growing on me! I especially like the video with Joker trash talking and I've memorized much of it!

19 total rides yesterday. I wasn't really hitting it hard since we had the kids with -
Spacely Sprockets - 2
Mystery Machine - 1 (first time we went on a ride as a family at our park!!)
Goliath - 1
Zoom Jets - 1
Krazy Cups - 1
Demon - 1
Whizzer - 2 . I took my 3 yo on it for her first time ever and then a 2nd ride for her! She loved it! First time my 7 yo went on "alone" (without me sitting with her)

Triple Play - 1 (RC is right, the lights package is awesome! This is one of my 3 fave flats!)
Columbia Carousel - 1
Dark Knight - 1
Whirligig (swings) - 1 -- this ride is really growing on me and it's super fun!
Little Dipper - 1
Eagle Red - 3 (2 in front row, 1 in 2nd row)
Justice League - 1
River Rocker - 1

It was awesome getting some last bonus rides in for the year and the weather was nice albeit it could have been warmer. But it wasn't too bad and it was exciting to be there!

In hindsight, I could have (should have) gone back into the park after we met back up with my wife and 3 yo.
I could have hit X-Flight, Raging Bull and maybe Batman. But there's always 2018!! I can't wait!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby rushikesh on May 28th, 2019, 5:49 am
We're attempting to choose Sat and Sunday this end of the week. Saturday high is 45 however overcast and little shot of downpour. Sunday will be Radiant however 32 high as per AccuWeather. I'd would rather not drive there again and the recreation center winds up shut. I need to envision Saturday will be busier even with shot of downpour since it will be hotter and it's Saturday. So I believe it's almost certain the recreation center will be open and have rides running Sat versus Sun.
rushikesh

Return to Meetings and Gatherings Forum