Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Posting on this site

For any questions, comments, problems or suggestions about anything on this website.
Postby Galvan on June 27th, 2008, 11:18 am
For people who have read this before im sorry to repost this.

I have noticed alot of "chatroom" type postings in here recently. Lets take a quick look at the rules once again to insure that you are following our rules.

Forum Rules
Please read and follow these rules at all times while posting on the SFGAmWorld.com forums. Violators of the rules will have their accounts disabled or be banned from the site.

Spelling
1. Use proper spelling and grammar at all times.This includes using your shift and caps lock key the right way, there's no need to SHOUT all the time. Its ok if you accidentally spell one or two words in your post wrong, but if you spell half the post wrong it will be hard for everyone to read. Any posts to difficult to read will be deleted by the moderators or admin's. Also be sure to keep your text the original color to insure it will be able to be read, any whole posts that have colored text will be deleted.

Unacceptable Posting
2. Unacceptable posting: You may not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. This is not only not humorous, but legal actions can and will be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate in the SFGAmWorld Forum.

I have noticed a few members have decided to use some threads as thier own personal chatroom, I cannot stress how important it is do not litter the board with pointless and unthought of remarks, they do nothing but litter the forum. Posters who violate this will be notified first via PM then warned and then if warrented banned.

We strive to keep this site looking good and the majority of our members want that as well, its the old story of a few bad apples spoil the bunch.
Galvan

Postby cowboy1192 on June 27th, 2008, 8:46 pm
Thank You.
Dallas Cowboys 5x Super Bowl Winners
cowboy1192

Postby Jerrykoala2112 on June 30th, 2008, 11:12 am
I am the chatroom type but I try to capital my "I"s and finish all my words. I try, I try.
Jerrykoala2112

Postby [jonrev] on July 1st, 2008, 10:02 pm
Can we get this thread stickied?
[jonrev]

Postby ttd rox on July 9th, 2008, 8:34 pm
Delete please. I accidentally hit submit twice. Thanks!

Wow, I made a mistake even when I'm posted about the rules. :lol:
Last edited by ttd rox on July 9th, 2008, 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

Top 3 Wood Coasters: 1. The Beast 2. American Eagle (Red) 3. Hades
ttd rox

Postby ttd rox on July 9th, 2008, 8:35 pm
Jerrykoala2112 wrote:I am the chatroom type but I try to capital my "I"s and finish all my words. I try, I try.

Good for trying! :lol:

At least I'm improving, eh? :lol: Good point to bring up however.
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

Top 3 Wood Coasters: 1. The Beast 2. American Eagle (Red) 3. Hades
ttd rox

Postby DvuRulz on July 17th, 2008, 9:43 pm
Almost everyone who is new to forums posts like that. It's mainly because they aren't used to it and they have to get a feel for what they really should be posting. They have to get experienced. Well, I can definitely say that some post crazy on purpose or just don't care. But others don't even realize what they are doing and are not trying to be annoying. It's just like another social skill that you have to learn... But here's really good advice for those who have trouble with spelling: Either type your posts on word or copy and paste them to word and do a spell check. Also, read over the post before you submit it to catch any grammar mistakes.
Falling Like the Hail
DvuRulz

Postby Coaster Justin on November 14th, 2008, 8:19 pm
I want to make a Poll Topic called "Do you believe in Gay Marriage" with 2 Options:

- Yes, We're Wasting Our Time on It.
- No, We're Wasting Our Time on It.

Is it OK? (Btw, It would be in the Off-Topic Forum)
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby RagingBullFan on November 15th, 2008, 4:49 am
No, topic would be way too political and would quickly develop into a flame war.
Licensed Mechanical Engineer
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby DvuRulz on February 28th, 2009, 9:00 pm
As I said before, I think the ignoring thing will work. When you just tell someone straight out what they're doing wrong, it doesn't sink in. They need to figure it out on their own for it to strike them. Like I said, if we start ignoring those posts, then the atmosphere will start to change. Those chatroom type topics will start to fade once they feel "out of place". You can't just tell someone that they are out of place. They need to feel that way to the person. It will correct itself. Don't show any interest. You know that if a spammer is told stop stop stop, they just want to come back...because they are being responded to. Stop responding and they will feel no more purpose to spam. What they like is attention whether it is positive or negative. Sometimes they don't even realize that they are seeking attention. They may even deny it from time to time. But if they are given no attention at all, they will stop. Again, I am not saying this is a quick fix by any means! But it will be much better in the long run. Trust me.

Kelly Thundercloud
Falling Like the Hail
DvuRulz

Postby tp41190 on March 4th, 2009, 1:21 am
Can we please have some moderation with certain people posting ridiculously (I think 14 posts in a row)? I mean its break the TOS for 1, and 2 when someone else tries it the posts get deleted.

Its one thing if it is a "active" member (some one who actually posts in topics other then there own advertisement threads) but its another when its someone who only posts to spam and advertise.

Doesn't matter what kind of "god like" status they have...rules are rules.
[read]
tp41190

Postby Director_Guy on March 4th, 2009, 3:38 am
^Some body sounds bitter.
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking, isn't thinking of.
Director_Guy

Postby RagingBullFan on March 4th, 2009, 6:36 pm
Without too much guessing I believe you would be referring to Robb Alvey's posts, look his posts are fine, people like to read them and even though they may not reply they read them. While they may be advertising in a indirect way they at the same time provide something that other people enjoy viewing. His posts coming one right after another are how it has to be because his PTR's are so large.

I'm sorry but I could care less how you personally feel about him so please quit whining.
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby [jonrev] on March 4th, 2009, 10:31 pm
[delete]
[jonrev]

Postby DvuRulz on March 20th, 2009, 12:47 am
I hate to be blunt, but this board in general needs to wake up and realize that complaining, snapping at each other and arguing gets you nowhere! I used to like to post here a lot until I realized that it's hard to be "accepted" here. Now I really don't care if I am accepted or not. I am not trying to put you down, sfgam world. I want you to succeed and that is why I am saying this. I love sfgam to death. I love coasters to death. This site and the forums have a lot to offer. Everyone just needs to settle down and act like adults. I am not pointing fingers at anyone! We all need to be at least 13 to join and most of us are over that age.

Remember a MrsVerticalVelocity? Well, that was me...or is me, you can say. My name changed. But if you do remember my other name, you'll most likely remember someone who had something to say, but didn't exactly know how to say it. Well, this is what I have been trying to say all along. I didn't have the correct skills to handle this board prior to my name change. Well, I am only 20 years old and I have gained those skills. If I can do it, you can too! All of you can. Really take a look at yourself and what you are posting, how you are reacting to posts etc etc... There is always a more mature way to do something. Count to ten before a reply. If you have an issue over this Rob Alvey, let me ask you a question. If this was a co-worker of yours, would you complain so that he could hear everything you say? Or would you go to your boss and kindly express your concerns? Well, if this Rob is bugging you, then kindly send a pm to an admin expressing your concerns.

Admins and mods, if you were supervisors, would you just ignore a kindly written message from one of your employees? Would you blow them off with an attitude because you really took a liking to the person they are having the problem with? Or would you try and reason with the employee and do everything you can so that everyone is happy?

I'm sorry, but be reasonable! No one should appear "god like" on a message board! Everyone is equal, just like everyone is equal in real life. You have the same rights whether you are black, white, woman, man, child, adult or senior citizen. You have the same rights whether you are a newbie, an old member, an active member or a member who comes on occasionally! Nobody likes everybody, it's nature. If you can't think of anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. There is no reason for anyone to "earn" acceptance.

I am only talking common courtesy. While many of you don't need to read this, some do. I apologize to those who are acting maturely. I want to see this board succeed. I know you all do too! It's time we all start to take responsibility for our own actions, stop blaming others and just relax! I understand some posts irritate people, but be patient with each other and you can come to a fine conclusion!

If you read this far, thank you. Everyone, please make a note of this! Success is not how many members you have or how many posts you have. Success is a board that runs smoothly and everyone is at optimum satisfaction with it.

Thank you.
Falling Like the Hail
DvuRulz

Postby RagingBullFan on March 20th, 2009, 9:08 pm
DvuRulz wrote:Admins and mods, if you were supervisors, would you just ignore a kindly written message from one of your employees? Would you blow them off with an attitude because you really took a liking to the person they are having the problem with? Or would you try and reason with the employee and do everything you can so that everyone is happy?

I'm sorry, but be reasonable! No one should appear "god like" on a message board! Everyone is equal, just like everyone is equal in real life. You have the same rights whether you are black, white, woman, man, child, adult or senior citizen. You have the same rights whether you are a newbie, an old member, an active member or a member who comes on occasionally! Nobody likes everybody, it's nature. If you can't think of anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. There is no reason for anyone to "earn" acceptance.

I'm sorry but everyone is not equal, if everyone was equal there would be no need for education or work experience. People get good jobs by being qualified, not by saying they can do the job.

Anyone can come here and post anything, but to be believed they need to back it up with some sort of proof/factual reasoning.

It is called real life, and life is not fair.
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Return to Problems, Questions and Suggestions Forum