Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six Locked Threads On Page Three!

For any questions, comments, problems or suggestions about anything on this website.
Postby MrsVerticalVelocity on June 16th, 2007, 8:03 pm
I don't know about you, but I am tred of seeing 1/8 of the threads locked. I was just randomly browsing through stuff from months ago, and came across page three! Its like every other thread was locked!

Ok, I understand that you don't want a zillion of the same topics, which is totally cool. But some topics that are locked, I can't really even find the originals because they are so buried in old pages. If a new member comes on and wants to discuss something old, do they really want to dig down to something posted a year or more ago? Their new discussion is obviously going to be with a lot of different people and what if they want to ask specific questions (different than the original) that the whole topic is supposed to be about? For example: Somebody asked "Is Fright Fest still scary?" He/she was told to look at other FF threads to find info. Well, that's totally fine to tell him/her that. But the thread was locked. Now, I think this person was looking for opinions of members as well as information. If there was no opinion thread specifically asking if FF is scary, then why lock it?

I just don't see the point of locking so many threads all the time. It actually makes the board look bad. If someone visiting sees all these locked threads, they may consider not joining for fear of their own being locked and also because a bunch of locked threads give an image of a lot of worthless posts. So, my point is, some topics are always necessary to lock. But there is no need to lock so many for such unnecessary reasons.
~*~Vanilla Sugar Waffers on a Lemon Bar!~*~
MrsVerticalVelocity

Postby BullInDaBack4Life on June 16th, 2007, 8:23 pm
Amen, sister!
Hee hee, look. I have a signature thingy um, thing.
BullInDaBack4Life

Postby Aero737 on June 16th, 2007, 8:28 pm
If you find a thread that you honestly don't think should be closed, bring it to the attention of one of the moderators and they will review it. Looking through the first couple of pages of the general forum, I don't see any threads that are closed that shouldn't be.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby RagingBullFan on June 16th, 2007, 8:29 pm
Most questions are already answered in old threads, there is no need to make 20 different threads which will all have the same response.

Use the search tool, its there for a reason.
Licensed Mechanical Engineer
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby demon boy on June 17th, 2007, 8:00 am
^The search tool is too inacurate. It searches every word in every post. You get 200 answers, none of which being what you want.
demon boy

Postby CoasterDave316 on June 17th, 2007, 11:02 pm
Locked topics generally group together and drop down to the lower pages, since nobody can reply.

A more accurate idea of how many topics we lock is on the front page of the forums. There are only 3 locked topics out of 30. And the mods have only locked 3 topics since the beginning of the month.

But way to blow things out of proportion :).
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on June 18th, 2007, 10:40 am
^ Exactly. It's really not a big deal.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby 6Flags_Eric12341 on July 19th, 2007, 9:47 pm
MrsVerticalVelocity wrote:I don't know about you, but I am tred of seeing 1/8 of the threads locked. I was just randomly browsing through stuff from months ago, and came across page three! Its like every other thread was locked!

Ok, I understand that you don't want a zillion of the same topics, which is totally cool. But some topics that are locked, I can't really even find the originals because they are so buried in old pages. If a new member comes on and wants to discuss something old, do they really want to dig down to something posted a year or more ago? Their new discussion is obviously going to be with a lot of different people and what if they want to ask specific questions (different than the original) that the whole topic is supposed to be about? For example: Somebody asked "Is Fright Fest still scary?" He/she was told to look at other FF threads to find info. Well, that's totally fine to tell him/her that. But the thread was locked. Now, I think this person was looking for opinions of members as well as information. If there was no opinion thread specifically asking if FF is scary, then why lock it?

I just don't see the point of locking so many threads all the time. It actually makes the board look bad. If someone visiting sees all these locked threads, they may consider not joining for fear of their own being locked and also because a bunch of locked threads give an image of a lot of worthless posts. So, my point is, some topics are always necessary to lock. But there is no need to lock so many for such unnecessary reasons.

they lock everything because they are trying to follow in the company's conservative footsteps, they will probly lock this thread next because of what i said
6Flags_Eric12341

Postby Galvan on July 20th, 2007, 7:45 am
Probably
Galvan

Postby sfgam12321 on July 20th, 2007, 10:16 am
Some one kid. lol. jk
John Cena Chain Gang, YOU CANT SEE ME.
Clear for launch....Goodbye. V2.
sfgam12321

Return to Problems, Questions and Suggestions Forum