Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

*sigh* moderators these days

For any questions, comments, problems or suggestions about anything on this website.
Postby frightfestkid on August 29th, 2010, 9:57 am
Ok, not anything against them but why are they so disrespectful. In one PTR thread i saw 2 or 3 of them all ganging up on a 13 year old girl, that's just not right... I mean say you had a sister and people probably 2 times her age started saying stuff like that to her...But I'm not just talking about that I'm also seeing how a lot of the time they ALWAYS have something smart to say to someone...That's just not right, this site defiantly needs more organization.....
God bless NIU
Next SFGAm trip: Today May 1st
SFGAm '10 ride count-53
frightfestkid

Postby tribar on August 29th, 2010, 10:08 am
Which PTR
tribar

Postby frightfestkid on August 29th, 2010, 10:15 am
La Ronde 8/2/2010 by bobbinbop20
God bless NIU
SFGAm '10 ride count-53
frightfestkid

Postby tribar on August 29th, 2010, 10:24 am
They have a total right to she's trashing the forums calling it "Ridicoulus". I very much apprecite what they said
tribar

Postby frightfestkid on August 29th, 2010, 10:28 am
Its not like she totally bombed the site like most spammers, there also 2x her age like i said, which is just messed up. And whats so bad about calling something "Ridiculous" I know for a complete fact you have called something Ridiculous.
God bless NIU
SFGAm '10 ride count-53
frightfestkid

Postby tribar on August 29th, 2010, 10:52 am
I did :?: :?: :?:
tribar

Postby frightfestkid on August 29th, 2010, 10:59 am
Well I'm not just talking about here but I'm guessing you've said that something is ridiculous
God bless NIU
SFGAm '10 ride count-53
frightfestkid

Postby FParker185 on August 29th, 2010, 9:32 pm
I see nothing wrong with what went down, if anyone comes in here to start trouble, they should be told off.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby tribar on August 29th, 2010, 9:34 pm
Thank you :)
tribar

Postby CoasterNick3157 on August 30th, 2010, 5:43 pm
What ever happened to bobbinhop did you mods ban him cause his username is no longer exist.

I think with bobbinhop he post a pic and called someone a FA@#Ot and it got taken away and got upset, at least to my knowledge.
CoasterNick3157

Postby tribar on August 30th, 2010, 5:58 pm
He also screamed at david and mad fun of omish people ( or whoever was in the dresses)
tribar

Postby Timmy179 on August 30th, 2010, 8:21 pm
You base your judgements off of reading one thread...?
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby david on August 31st, 2010, 5:51 pm
"It was a chain of unfair actions." -Michael Scott.

That should explain it.

I've had moderators and users gang up on me, don't see anyone making a topic... LOL
david

Postby ragingbull1331 on August 31st, 2010, 6:10 pm
david wrote:"It was a chain of unfair actions." -Michael Scott.

That should explain it.

I've had moderators and users gang up on me, don't see anyone making a topic... LOL

I love the office!!!
RIP IRON WOLF

Twitter: ILoveJimmy_Pop
ragingbull1331

Postby tribar on August 31st, 2010, 7:46 pm
david wrote:"It was a chain of unfair actions." -Michael Scott.

That should explain it.

You're no trashing the forums
tribar

Postby Galvan317 on September 1st, 2010, 4:57 pm
We try to be as hands off as possible when moderating the forums, our goal is to let people say what they want without their opinions having to be moderated. Sadly lately there have been a select few posters who have chronically done nothing but spam the forums with nonsense. Anyone that was banned was banned for a specific reason.

SFGAM76 was banned because none of his posts made any sense at all and made no effort towards being grammatically correct. I personally sent him several messages asking him to write in complete sentences and use punctuation. You can only ask somebody so many times before you need to put an end to it. This, for example, was a typical SFGAM76 post
so what we know so far that seven sins is coming back but who's gonna have the mayor slayor hearse the same one or a fake i know there is probably gonna be a fake but i hope they somehow they get him back.

Bobbinbop decided not to be a member of the boards anymore. We deleted two pictures off of one of his trip reports for being offensive and he got upset and asked for his account to be de-activated. I consider him a good member of the forums and is welcome to come back anytime.

Hypercoastergurl was banned because all of her posts were aimed directly at attacking the site and advertising another site. We decided to ignore it at first, then she posted again saying how horrible our forums are, we don't know anything, and she knew what she was talking about. That's just arrogant.

Flying potato man was given a 1 day ban for engaging in a mindless personal conversation that made our forum look like a 12 year old girls myspace page. When his 1 day ban is up his account is still active so if he wants to come back and post he can.

david was banned for several reasons. First, we warned him several times about slandering what people say when he quotes people. There were quotes in his signature that were from Mark Shapiro, Al Weber, etc that they never even said so we asked him to take those out and he copped an attitude. Then it happened again when he misquoted another member in a quote box. When people called him out on it, again, he copped an attitude. This resulted in getting a 1 day ban. When he came back from that he engaged in another completely retarded discussion that made our forum look like a 12 year old girls myspace page (see above) and that was the last straw. After a history of letting things slide with him (useless topics, bad grammar, arguing with moderators in private messages, etc) we all finally agreed to just ban him.

Hope that clears up some confusion.
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Cole on September 1st, 2010, 5:36 pm
Was david permanently banned?
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby acquaz10 on September 1st, 2010, 5:43 pm
Oh, that would explain why david hasn't been on much. I've been wondering.

You guys are some of the best mods out there. Some don't give a damn about the site and just let it go to crap.
acquaz10

Postby ragingbull1331 on September 1st, 2010, 5:50 pm
Bizzaro Badger wrote:Was david permanently banned?

His profile still exists.. can he banned and still have his profile?
RIP IRON WOLF

Twitter: ILoveJimmy_Pop
ragingbull1331

Postby tribar on September 1st, 2010, 7:59 pm
acquaz10 wrote:Oh, that would explain why david hasn't been on much. I've been wondering.

You guys are some of the best mods out there. Some don't give a damn about the site and just let it go to crap.

We do have some good Mods don't we :)
tribar

Postby Cole on September 1st, 2010, 8:56 pm
acquaz10 wrote:

I agree, you guys are great.
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby Flying_Potato_Man on September 2nd, 2010, 4:59 pm
First off, to defend myself. On that post where i was apparently making this site look like a 12 year old child, i even told the person who i was talking to that we were getting off topic and we need to get back to what the topic was about before we get the moderators mad. Second off, i didnt even post much about things off topic, i have seen people get WAY more over board with there conversations, and wheres there ban?!?! And yes, David is gone for good. :cry: But he made a new forum for roller coaster fanatics who like to just have fun, and not have to get upset because some people are just having a little fun.
Flying_Potato_Man

Postby frightfestkid on September 2nd, 2010, 5:46 pm
Thank you BP for clearing that up. I didn't know she was advratising(sp) a differnent site. So I'd like to formaly appoligize for this, I'm sorry bp and the other mods on this site, thank you for reading.
~frightfestkid
frightfestkid

Postby Galvan317 on September 2nd, 2010, 5:48 pm
For anyone wondering, these are the exact posts that got flying potato man a 1 day ban

flying_potato_man wrote:i can tell that SFGAm FB think they can run there own little perfect world where no one complains.... OMG, SFGAm ARE NAZI's.

flying_potato_man wrote:Oh No! There going to torture you by making you ride a 42 hour marathon on IW!!!!!! Kill yourself while you have the chance!

flying_potato_man wrote:Oh.... Well..... I kindof rode your future wife before.... Sorry...... Ok we need to get back on topic before the mods get a wee bit pissy... lol

I'll let people decide for themselves if that's worth having on the forums :)
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Flying_Potato_Man on September 2nd, 2010, 6:03 pm
Yes, only two comments actually bad off topic. Im sure EVERYONE has got off topic before... Just saying... Well 3 if you count the last one haha

... And anyway, i already know what people will say. Obviously im not gaining any respect right now, but truthfully i dont want any. I came here to learn more about coasters, cause im well quite frankly a newbe when it comes to all of this type of roller coaster buisness. I try to make my self sound like i know what i talk about when i post comments under topics, but truthfully im just here to learn. I have no disrespect for anyone here. The mods are just doing there job. And i went out of hand apparently. I will just hope you guys will forget about this cause i really want to be part of some type on roller coaster community, because someday, i want to become a roller coaster fanatic.
Flying_Potato_Man

Next

Return to Problems, Questions and Suggestions Forum