Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Alternate lines

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby usdjock01 on January 15th, 2003, 5:05 pm
I think sixflags should get a freeway system like at CP for S:UF so everybody has a chance to ride and like dejavu where lines could've be as long as 4 and a half hours
usdjock01

Postby T_Biggs on January 15th, 2003, 6:15 pm
Six Flags has two systems like that freeway. One is queue bot, the other is fastlane or something like that. But what the hell does this have to do with our favorite ride?
T_Biggs

Postby RagingBull350 on January 15th, 2003, 7:59 pm
How is the Queue bot going to work? I know about fastlane!!! And do you think Queue bot will cost more?
RagingBull350

Postby T_Biggs on January 15th, 2003, 9:15 pm
There are no plans for queue bot to be at Great America. But it works in a simple way. You scan a bot (I think it's like those things you get at some restaurants that vibrate and flash when you're table is ready) at a scanner at the entrance of a ride. It places you at that point in line. Then, when you're turn is up, it gives you X ammount of time to get over to the ride, where you take a special queue right to the station.
T_Biggs

Postby coastrcorey on January 15th, 2003, 10:28 pm
Yeah, the system is called Lo-Q... It's quite a great invention if you think about it. It works just like T_Biggs said... You "rent" a little Q-Bot that resembles a pager (it's got a little two line display). Then, whenever you want to ride a major attraction, you just walk up to the Lo-Q reservation point for that ride, scan your Q-Bot, and it basically saves your spot in line. The Q-Bot will display the ride name and the time that you will ride. You can however only scan one ride at a time. But once you do, it's great because you're able to roam the park, or ride some rides with shorter lines while you wait. The Q-Bots can also send marketing messages to you based on where in the park you are... Like say you're near a certain food place, then your Q-Bot might display a special deal they have going on. Stuff like that. Hope this helps!
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on January 16th, 2003, 4:41 pm
I like the good old fashioned way of waiting in lines. I don't like when people get in early or get a special ticket or what not. Just wait in the freaking line! You shouldn't be able to have the priority because you paid for it.
coasterzak

Postby m311ton on January 16th, 2003, 9:58 pm
coasterzak wrote:I like the good old fashioned way of waiting in lines.
Me too man, why cant we just put up some shade over the lines and have a good time with your friends instead of a bunch of people wandering aimlessly around the park until their little pager goes off. Not a big fan of the whole system myself but it seems like a good idea for both the park and the riders.
m311ton

Postby usdjock01 on January 17th, 2003, 7:51 am
Well i only go to sixflags on weekdays i agree that on weekdays you don't need the fastlane or the bot etc. but if you go on a weekend i've heard people waiting in line for demon for like 1 and a half hours when on any monday the lines are no more than 20-30 min.
usdjock01

Postby CoasterDave316 on January 17th, 2003, 11:13 am
Great America is more crowded on weekdays than it is on Sundays in mid summer. I have found out that Sundays are the days that are least crowded and I have never once even thought about buying Fastlane since a long line on Sunday would be about 15 minutes max.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coastrcorey on January 17th, 2003, 12:13 pm
I'm not sure how I feel about the Q-Bot... It's kind of cool, but then again it would suck if you waited in line, and then other people would be able to go before you...
coastrcorey

Postby CoasterDave316 on January 17th, 2003, 1:51 pm
If im not mistaken, I think they used Q-bot at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure(im not 100% sure and don't feel like looking it up). But anyhow, however there fastlane type system works. It looked like it worked great. There was no Fastlane line like at SFGAm, you just walked up to the station through a special path and got right on. Looked alot better than Fastlane at SFGAm, because on crowded days at SFGAm the fastlane lines are just as long as the regular line.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby RagingBull350 on January 17th, 2003, 10:07 pm
LOL one day when i was waiting for RB to open cause it was actually down most of the day.... The Fastlane line was bigger than the normal line :) I guess some people are just too stupid to realize that though!
RagingBull350

Postby coasterzak on January 18th, 2003, 1:45 pm
Let me tell you something, everyone hated the Q-Bot at SFWoA. It evolved over the years, and the first year out you could pay for a little paper that had 5 numbers on it to get punched, representing 5 rides, and you would walk up the exit ramp and get right on the next ride. We managed to get around 2 hour waits. Being on the opposite side though, it is a pain in the neck when you are waiting for the front seat on the Batman Knight Flight, a floorless coaster with about an extra 30 min wait for the front, and have people come up every train and just because they paid get the front seat. I absolutely can't stand that. Why couldn't they just wait in line? When I used the "Fast Pass" there were designated cars taped off for it but this was before this and they could choose their seats. Q-Bot, was nice if you got lost in the park because it is a large park. It is also very nice if you want to meet up with someone, but you can't leave the park with it, have to wander aimlessly around the park just basically "signing up for the ride" and then get assigned to a time of the day. If you really want to get picky and ride a certain ride at night, you might get assigned to the ride in the middle of the day. I think it is a hassle and is not worth walking from point A in the park for 15 mins to point B, queue your Q-Bot, walk to point C for 15 mins right by point A, queue the Q-Bot, to point B to ride finally. You are back and forth the whole day and can't logically "tackle" the coasters. Normally I would ride this coaster, ride the coaster next to it, and the coaster next to that. I really don't like Q-Bot, Fast Lane, Fast Pass, or whatever form it is in. It is unfair to the regular park guest that is not willing to put their lifesavings into a little handheld computer gadget that allows them to get on a coaster. Just give me the old fashioned lines. Everyone should wait the same, you shouldn't be able to buy your rights!
coasterzak

Postby coastrcorey on January 18th, 2003, 3:23 pm
That's true, it is quite unfair... People always gave me dirty looks whenever I would use my FastLane card... It was almost kind of embarassing...
coastrcorey

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on January 18th, 2003, 3:28 pm
I use fastlane all the time, people never give me any dirty looks. If they did I would feel proud of them for waiting in that line and not spending their money on such a thing... But I use it so I can get on more rides in one day.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby coasterinsane on January 18th, 2003, 6:45 pm
i never ot one thinking they would be out by the time i got to the counter to bye one, is there a limit :?: :?: anyways?
---------2006---------
Raptor Crew
Wicked Twister Crew
---------2007---------
Maverick Crew
Mantis Crew
Cad Cars Team Lead
coasterinsane

Postby coasterzak on January 18th, 2003, 7:38 pm
There wasn't any limit at SFWoA, they just sell them for a certain amount of time, does anyone know how SFGAm works it?
coasterzak

Postby coastrcorey on January 19th, 2003, 12:37 am
Yeah, they only sell like 1,000 of them i think...
coastrcorey

Postby coasterguy on January 19th, 2003, 9:21 pm
1,000 The ride will be open for less that 2 hours a day if they only sell 1,000 I bet the dont do that they didn't do it with Deja Vu or V2
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby usdjock01 on January 19th, 2003, 9:43 pm
I think they Sell a certain amount in an hour not in a whole day
usdjock01

Postby coasterzak on January 20th, 2003, 2:13 pm
Well does anyone know how many hours they sell them? How long in the morning do you have to get your hands on them?
coasterzak

Postby coastrcorey on January 20th, 2003, 9:32 pm
coasterguy wrote:1,000 The ride will be open for less that 2 hours a day if they only sell 1,000 I bet the dont do that they didn't do it with Deja Vu or V2
Yeah, they have fastlane queues on deja and v2...
coastrcorey

Postby coasterguy on January 20th, 2003, 9:52 pm
O I was talking about something else. I know they do.
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby joker on January 22nd, 2003, 8:57 pm
i think you just waste money on those fastlanes anyways. You can only get like 3 rides for $10. Anyways you cant get all the rides there. Some rides you cant get it.
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby coastrcorey on January 22nd, 2003, 10:23 pm
Actually it's four rides for $10...
coastrcorey

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum