Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby rmceagle2021 on March 5th, 2019, 12:59 pm
It would be nice to see something go in dare devil dive's spot. I like the skyscreamer idea or a giant dicovery.
rmceagle2021

Postby jmanporty7 on March 5th, 2019, 1:24 pm
rmceagle2021 wrote:It would be nice to see something go in dare devil dive's spot. I like the skyscreamer idea or a giant dicovery.

I think a skyscreamer would fit better in terms of ground area taken up. I was thinking a giga discovery would fit nice in Bucky's spot.
jmanporty7

Postby rmceagle2021 on March 5th, 2019, 1:26 pm
We could also get a second generation enterprise from zamperla. This would be like the new ride st. louis is getting for 2019
rmceagle2021

Postby Sven18 on March 5th, 2019, 5:09 pm
rmceagle2021 wrote:We could also get a second generation enterprise from zamperla. This would be like the new ride st. louis is getting for 2019

2nd generation enterprise are Huss, nobody has bought one. Zamperla Endeavours are not the the same thing.
Sven18

Postby JackGlass on March 5th, 2019, 6:36 pm
Endeavour looks awesome! One of these would fit great in Sky Trails old spot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUNE33QFAz0
JackGlass

Postby UnclePennybags on March 5th, 2019, 7:09 pm
JackGlass wrote:Endeavour looks awesome! One of these would fit great in Sky Trails old spot!

This ride reminds me of The Orbit.
Last edited by UnclePennybags on March 5th, 2019, 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby Sven18 on March 5th, 2019, 7:14 pm
JackGlass wrote:Endeavour looks awesome! One of these would fit great in Sky Trails old spot!

There pretty good, I have ridden several, the 48 model and 24. You can really feel the G's unlike the old school Eneterprises. I think the actually Huss 2nd generation will be better once people start buying them. They are surely more expensive b/c the program is more extensive. Zamperla stuff is known for being very cost friendly.

Huss 2nd Gen Enterprise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-_Jx30Ns4
Sven18

Postby JackGlass on March 5th, 2019, 8:37 pm
That second generation Huss looks awesome!

As far as the Endeavour goes, I've never rode one! But I've heard really good reviews about them!

On a side note, I wonder if Six Flags will start purchasing more Sky Rocket 2 coasters! Those are really inexpensive and the GP seems to love them. Six Flags has installed Free Spins at nearly every park, and the Sky Rocket 2 along with the Raptor seems to be a good, cost effective cookie cutter coaster!
JackGlass

Postby ledgeland on March 5th, 2019, 8:48 pm
I’ll vote for a Mack Powersplash where V2 is now. I’m in the camp that feels that Maxx Force might make V2 redundant and if they do get rid of BB I’d like to see a water ride added somewhere in the park. I do miss Orbit so one of those newer flats being tossed around would be pretty good too.

Other ideas being discussed here for down the road make a lot of sense: refresh the kids areas, repainting, move go-karts, skyscreamer where DDD is now, add a new unique coaster (like a Raptor), etc...
ledgeland

Postby staticshadows on March 5th, 2019, 8:57 pm
ledgeland wrote:I’ll vote for a Mack Powersplash where V2 is now. I’m in the camp that feels that Maxx Force might make V2 redundant and if they do get rid of BB I’d like to see a water ride added somewhere in the park.

A Mack PowerSplash only fits in that area if you remove Yankee Clipper too. V2 is about 346 ft long and Pulsar is about 530 ft long.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 5th, 2019, 9:00 pm
I love the look of the 2nd Gen Huss Enterprise. Though Six Flags would probably go with the Endeavor.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ledgeland on March 6th, 2019, 7:35 am
staticshadows wrote:
ledgeland wrote:I’ll vote for a Mack Powersplash where V2 is now. I’m in the camp that feels that Maxx Force might make V2 redundant and if they do get rid of BB I’d like to see a water ride added somewhere in the park.

A Mack PowerSplash only fits in that area if you remove Yankee Clipper too. V2 is about 346 ft long and Pulsar is about 530 ft long.

Thanks. Wouldn't want to lose one of the flumes. Still would say if a water ride goes they should add a new one.
ledgeland

Postby JackGlass on March 6th, 2019, 11:22 am
Mack Power Splash would work if they put it in Hurricane Harbor and ran it right along the edge of the water park in the parking lot.

As cool as it would look from the parking lot, I doubt they would do that. I don't know of Any Six Flags park that has a coaster in their water park.... yeah I know Maxx Force extends into the water park, but it's not actually part of it, lol

Plus I don't think people would want their cars in the parking lot to get soaked, lol
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on March 6th, 2019, 2:22 pm
JackGlass wrote:Mack Power Splash would work if they put it in Hurricane Harbor and ran it right along the edge of the water park in the parking lot.

As cool as it would look from the parking lot, I doubt they would do that. I don't know of Any Six Flags park that has a coaster in their water park.... yeah I know Maxx Force extends into the water park, but it's not actually part of it, lol

Plus I don't think people would want their cars in the parking lot to get soaked, lol

No joke, I’ve thought of this several times. I’d love to see that here, if it’s done the way I’ve thought/you described. I thought it’d be cool if you could somehow have an entrance from both parks that merge into one. Clearly there would have to be a crowd control position. But would it be a hassle? Someone photoshop it into maps haha
gottastrata33

Postby gottastrata33 on March 6th, 2019, 2:30 pm
Double post- Ok, really had no idea what I was doing but like this?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on March 6th, 2019, 2:51 pm
That looks amazing man!

I wish they would consider something like this! That would look absolutely amazing right in the front of the park like that! and Pulsar looks like an awesome ride!
JackGlass

Postby ledgeland on March 6th, 2019, 6:33 pm
Looks great! Would be an interesting alternative to the Master Blaster style water slides that many water parks have now. It would for sure be something unique for the water park to have a ride like Pulsar. Not sure I can see a good way for people to get to it from the dry park in that location but that could be okay - in theory if it is too cold for the water park to be open folks aren't going on water rides anyway.
ledgeland

Postby JackGlass on March 7th, 2019, 11:23 am
That would give them a good excuse to make an easy access entrance to Hurricane Harbor, where Sky Trek Towers current exit is.

Aquaman was a huge hit at the box office and it would be dumb not to capitalize on it! A Mack Powersplash at Great America, Great Adventure and Magic Moutnain themed to Aquaman would almost certainly cause attendance at those parks to surge!

Edit: I was thinking, they could move the park exit closer to those trees in entrance plaza and extend carousel plaza into that Concrete pad. THAT would give the Power Splash an entrance through the dry park as well as Hurricane Harbor!
JackGlass

Postby Coaster Justin on March 8th, 2019, 2:53 am
JackGlass wrote:That would give them a good excuse to make an easy access entrance to Hurricane Harbor, where Sky Trek Towers current exit is.

Aquaman was a huge hit at the box office and it would be dumb not to capitalize on it! A Mack Powersplash at Great America, Great Adventure and Magic Moutnain themed to Aquaman would almost certainly cause attendance at those parks to surge!

Edit: I was thinking, they could move the park exit closer to those trees in entrance plaza and extend carousel plaza into that Concrete pad. THAT would give the Power Splash an entrance through the dry park as well as Hurricane Harbor!

Suicide Squad & Dark Knight Rises were hits and didn't get much at the park.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 8th, 2019, 4:56 pm

I believe I rode an Endeavour (Catwoman's Whip at SFOT) and it was great! I actually liked it better than Orleans Orbit because so much more airflow and I wasn't overheating on the ride!!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterfanatic on March 23rd, 2019, 12:44 am
DC has a new movie coming out called Shazam.

I would be very surprised if we dont see a ride named Shazam somewhere in Six Flags chain in 2020.
coasterfanatic

Postby Coaster Justin on March 25th, 2019, 7:49 pm
Gonna go left of center and think Camp Cartoon will get expanded and revamped in 2020. Hopefully into Bugs Bunny Boomtown
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on March 25th, 2019, 10:27 pm
I'm told their focus will be the kids areas next along with interest in HH & AE. Note, these are just general points of interest that we can all agree could us/wouldn't hurt to receive some attention. These are not rumors. There has already been focus on AE the last two seasons though in repaint so that could be as far as they're going with that. We will see.

I personally would love to see the kids areas expanded or even rethemed. Add in a couple new rides, a coaster & a food option even as little as an ice cream shop.
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 25th, 2019, 10:47 pm
I'd like to see them refurbish AE and expand Camp Cartoon for 2020. But I personally would rather see Eagle get a retracking and some t.l.c.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Goku1910 on March 26th, 2019, 12:40 am
I think kidzopolis is a better candidate for Bugs Bunny Boom Town.
As for the Eagle area, I've always suspected that the paint job was a precursor to something bigger.
Goku1910

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum