Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Membership cancellation form not working

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby lstone19 on September 28th, 2018, 9:15 pm
Yes, I'm brand new here although I've participated sparingly in other roller-coaster forums.

So, after a year of SF membership and now in the last 60 days of my initial commitment, I went to cancel the membership since we got less out of it than planned and life style changes indicate that will be the same next year.

Their cancellation process is, at least today, totally broken. The initial cancel screen (enter account number and last name) works OK but the next screen, "Verify Your Identity", where you have to check two boxes and enter your name as a signature, just hangs. Tried with four different browsers on three different computers with different operating systems (MacOS, iOS, and Windows). So the problem is clearly at their end. Has anyone successfully cancelled a membership recently? Am I just unlucky and it normally works but not today? I did submit a note via their web form (no response yet but they say 48 hours) and tried live chat where someone took information but I have no confidence anything will happen (and no acknowledgment that the cancellation form is broken).

It's a little frustrating to read their fine print where it says the only way to cancel is via this non-functional form. No way to email, no way to call, and only a 15-day window to do it (less than 60 days and at least 15 days before the last payment (which would be 45 days before the 12 month commitment is up).
lstone19

Postby CoasterDemon on August 6th, 2019, 10:14 am
^Did you get that figured out?

I've also decided I need a nice long break from Six Flags (as a whole) and want to cancel my membership. I was close to not getting a pass/membership this year (so it would have been the first time NOT visiting the park since 1980) but went ahead with it. After 3 short visits (all under 3 hours) I wish I didn't get the pass.

I was told at the park on Sunday that I needed to wait until 12 months pass before I cancel... understood. The form wants me to wait until next spring... crappy, but oh well. It's not very expensive, but it would still be nice to have confidence in cancelling something I didn't want to use anymore.
CoasterDemon

Postby lstone19 on August 6th, 2019, 10:29 am
CoasterDemon wrote:^Did you get that figured out?

It did get cancelled either from my online chat or their "email" web form. Never did get the cancellation form to work. Never an acknowledgement that anything was broken on their end. If I were ever to do it again, it would be via an annual pass as I have no confidence in their ability to manage memberships properly.
lstone19

Postby Sven18 on August 6th, 2019, 11:15 am
What are the chances of cancellations or sign ups working right this year? Last year there was a period of days where people couldn't get purchases to work. so they had to extend the Flash Sale. SF is poor at this stuff....Look at the introduction of mobile dining ordering,
Sven18

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on December 30th, 2019, 11:25 pm
I cancelled mine a couple months ago. The process was very simple and they even gave me multiple counter offers to entice me to stay. One of them was less than $3 a month. While enticing, I too am taking a break. I did not use it much this year, so I won't bother with next year. I'll come back after the flash sale. When I cancelled it, it said my membership was good until Jan 2nd, so I will see if it is actually cancelled after then. I would rather pay upfront than monthly anyways.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum