Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six Flags website flounders on Season Pass Sale Weekend

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Galvan on September 3rd, 2018, 8:57 pm
Six Flags' Labor day sale has been without hiccups as the site has crashed several times today.

The membership portal also isnt working as well.

As a result the company has extended the Labor Day sale through Tomorrow.

Still very frustrating
Galvan

Postby anewman35 on September 3rd, 2018, 9:38 pm
Funny thing is, I often have problems with THIS site (including having to try to login a few times to post this...)

Most (if not all?) years they end up extending the sale a few days, they probably would have extended it even without the technical difficulties...
anewman35

Postby Sven18 on September 3rd, 2018, 10:29 pm
Galvan wrote:Six Flags' Labor day sale has been without hiccups as the site has crashed several times today.

Still very frustrating

SF sites always have problems. I have had to re enter all my info anytime I login in as a pass holder this year. Emailed SF about it, they supposedly fixed it sending me an email. Nope! Emailed them again, supposedly fixed it. Nope!

As mentioned they always extend the sale, last year I believe it was extended to the next weekend. Also, I bet SF is getting tons of phone calls and emails with people confused by memberships, not to mention the fine print.
Sven18

Postby SFGAmFan12 on September 4th, 2018, 8:55 am
The site is still down...they are obviously having other issues besides high sales.

I know they usually extend the sale but I am curious by how long since sales haven't been able to go through since at least yesterday.
SFGAmFan12

Postby MrsTaxi on September 4th, 2018, 9:03 am
anewman35 wrote:Funny thing is, I often have problems with THIS site (including having to try to login a few times to post this...)

Yes! I'm always having issues with this site. I wonder what the issue is?
MrsTaxi

Postby ilrider on September 4th, 2018, 9:04 am
Glad I bought the passes Saturday. It still took me several tries to get the purchase page to load though.
ilrider

Postby Tardis1972 on September 4th, 2018, 10:29 am
^ I bought my pass on Saturday also but I didn't have any issues with the Six Flags site.
Tardis1972

Postby SFGAmFan12 on September 4th, 2018, 11:16 am
Yes it was fine on Saturday when I looked but I still had to confirm the plan with others. Went on early yesterday and it was down through 1:00am when I fell asleep. Got up at 5:00am for work and no luck. Starting at 10:00am today it’s advancing further and loading but will not finish check out. The furthest I got was a bank confirmation of payment before Six Flags refunded it. I’ve tried PayPal, debit, and credit to zero luck. Now if it gets to payment it starts processing before giving a number of error messages and needing to start over.

Calling makes no difference and I bet the park is having similar issues if you do go, assuming it’s all linked. It’s just a nightmare.
SFGAmFan12

Postby Sven18 on September 4th, 2018, 11:36 am
SFGAmFan12 wrote:Yes it was fine on Saturday when I looked but I still had to confirm the plan with others. Went on early yesterday and it was down through 1:00am when I fell asleep. Got up at 5:00am for work and no luck. Starting at 10:00am today it’s advancing further and loading but will not finish check out. The furthest I got was a bank confirmation of payment before Six Flags refunded it. I’ve tried PayPal, debit, and credit to zero luck. Now if it gets to payment it starts processing before giving a number of error messages and needing to start over.

Calling makes no difference and I bet the park is having similar issues if you do go, assuming it’s all linked. It’s just a nightmare.

These don't sound like volume issues, this sounds more like bad IT and website design.
Sven18

Postby SFGAmFan12 on September 4th, 2018, 11:36 am
Sven18 wrote:
SFGAmFan12 wrote:Yes it was fine on Saturday when I looked but I still had to confirm the plan with others. Went on early yesterday and it was down through 1:00am when I fell asleep. Got up at 5:00am for work and no luck. Starting at 10:00am today it’s advancing further and loading but will not finish check out. The furthest I got was a bank confirmation of payment before Six Flags refunded it. I’ve tried PayPal, debit, and credit to zero luck. Now if it gets to payment it starts processing before giving a number of error messages and needing to start over.

These don't sound like volume issues, this sounds more like bad IT and website design.

I couldn’t agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SFGAmFan12

Postby JackGlass on September 4th, 2018, 11:44 am
Can you buy your memberships outright at the park and pay one lump sum? Or do you have to pay monthly?
JackGlass

Postby Sven18 on September 4th, 2018, 11:58 am
JackGlass wrote:Can you buy your memberships outright at the park and pay one lump sum? Or do you have to pay monthly?

Memberships must be in payments and season passes must be lump sum.
Sven18

Postby JackGlass on September 4th, 2018, 12:01 pm
Sven18 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:Can you buy your memberships outright at the park and pay one lump sum? Or do you have to pay monthly?

Memberships must be in payments and season passes must be lump sum.

Thanks Sven18! I'll stick with the gold pass!
JackGlass

Postby Sven18 on September 4th, 2018, 2:58 pm
Flash sale extended till Sept 9th, 1159pm
Sven18

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 5th, 2018, 5:00 pm
Sven18 wrote:
Galvan wrote:Six Flags' Labor day sale has been without hiccups as the site has crashed several times today.

Still very frustrating

SF sites always have problems. I have had to re enter all my info anytime I login in as a pass holder this year. Emailed SF about it, they supposedly fixed it sending me an email. Nope! Emailed them again, supposedly fixed it. Nope!

As mentioned they always extend the sale, last year I believe it was extended to the next weekend. Also, I bet SF is getting tons of phone calls and emails with people confused by memberships, not to mention the fine print.

Sven - I have had this EXACT same issue with the passholder portal and they assured me it was fixed! This has happened the last couple of years. I'm wondering if the problem is due to me using the same physical card over multiple years??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on September 6th, 2018, 11:21 am
^ Nope I don't that's the problem, I think the problem is Six Flags trying to stabilize their routers and connections with their USB drives when so many people visit but it fails every year :x .
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby JackGlass on September 6th, 2018, 2:23 pm
Damn... I was just checking the Flash pass sales for the other Six Flags parks! Despite California's High minimum wage, high cost of business and Magic mountain having 20 roller coasters.... Gold passes are only $82 for Magic Mountain! That's a steal! I thought it would have crossed $100 by now.
JackGlass

Postby Sven18 on September 6th, 2018, 2:41 pm
JackGlass wrote:Damn... I was just checking the Flash pass sales for the other Six Flags parks! Despite California's High minimum wage, high cost of business and Magic mountain having 20 roller coasters.... Gold passes are only $82 for Magic Mountain! That's a steal! I thought it would have crossed $100 by now.

It's SF, their model is cheap prices. SFMM was $80 in 2018. Every SF park went up about $2 from from the previous year. In contrast, Knotts in the same market has passes at $95 Regular and $115 Gold, all CF platinum passes are $195, with the current sale were $190 for renewal.
Sven18

Postby JackGlass on September 6th, 2018, 2:45 pm
Sven18 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:Damn... I was just checking the Flash pass sales for the other Six Flags parks! Despite California's High minimum wage, high cost of business and Magic mountain having 20 roller coasters.... Gold passes are only $82 for Magic Mountain! That's a steal! I thought it would have crossed $100 by now.

It's SF, their model is cheap prices. SFMM was $80 in 2018. Every SF park went up about $2 from from the previous year. In contrast, Knotts in the same market has passes at $95 Regular and $115 Gold, all CF platinum passes are $195, with the current sale were $190 for renewal.

That just really surprised me. I knew it would be more expensive than Great America, but I thought it was going to be substantially more than that. $82 for a park like Magic Moutnain is a steal. A $2 price bump from last year isn't bad at all considering they're adding WCR and completely refurbishing Cyclone Bay. I wonder if they'll be able to convince enough people to switch over to the memberships? We'll see!
JackGlass

Postby Sven18 on September 6th, 2018, 4:16 pm
JackGlass wrote:
Sven18 wrote:

That just really surprised me. I knew it would be more expensive than Great America, but I thought it was going to be substantially more than that. $82 for a park like Magic Moutnain is a steal. A $2 price bump from last year isn't bad at all considering they're adding WCR and completely refurbishing Cyclone Bay. I wonder if they'll be able to convince enough people to switch over to the memberships? We'll see!

SF Q4 2018 will be a record. Anybody who switches from a pass to a membership SF is getting paid twice in Q4. Q1 2019 will be a record b/c of the redistribution of how they claim revenue with more memberships. Parks like SFGAm not open in Q1 will be claiming more revenue as they have more members than before. The other quarters numbers will be shifted, so true comps year over year are virtually impossible in 2019. As you said, the question is will people shift in mass to pay more for their same old Gold pass benefits. I think there will be a surge initially as memberships seem cool and then some will switch back to Gold Pass as they realize they are not really using some of the membership benefits much and question the value of playing 20, 40, 60, or even 100 more dollars depending on the membership level.
Sven18

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 7th, 2018, 1:48 pm
I still want to know what the $20 deposit is for?? The lanyard and the membership card holder?

Maybe it's just me but if I had a membership I wouldn't wear the card around my neck. I'd be paranoid about it falling off on a ride or choking me!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Ohiocoasterman on September 7th, 2018, 4:54 pm
I've got a question, I was a member last year and it says on my pass info page that i'm a Gold Level pass. I don't see anything on the membership side saying just Gold Pass. I'm trying to figure out which one I have. It also says Pass Type Classic Gold Member.

Anyone able to help me out and say what I have? Also how do I know I have free parking and everything since I don't see it in the drop down link.
Ohiocoasterman

Postby Carlo on September 7th, 2018, 5:10 pm
I think pass sales will be down this year. I think Six Flags made a mistake of offering way to many options. You do not offer too many options or people will get confused and buy nothing. Plus with their website having issue to add to the confusion people will give up and buy nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Carlo
Carlo

Postby Sven18 on September 7th, 2018, 6:40 pm
Carlo wrote:I think pass sales will be down this year. I think Six Flags made a mistake of offering way to many options. You do not offer too many options or people will get confused and buy nothing. Plus with their website having issue to add to the confusion people will give up and buy nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If people get confused as you claim, they will likely buy what they always had, an inexpensive Gold Pass. They will probably not notice or care things have been taken from the benefits, as it's what they know. I however think many will actually buy the lowest membership that were previous Gold Pass buyers b/c they will see $7.15/mth and not a lump sum payment of $86, which is what it will really cost for their benefits they used to get for $65 in 2018. Then, I think a good number will cancel after a year and want their Gold Pass back. SF will surely offer $1/mth off or something to keep them members
Sven18

Postby SFGAmFan12 on September 7th, 2018, 10:30 pm
I have yet to get my payment to process for a season pass. Keep receiving error code 592. Six Flags support says it’s still down for some parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SFGAmFan12

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum