Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Sven18 on September 5th, 2018, 11:43 am
JackGlass wrote:That's why I still go to Cedar Point every summer, lol. Had we gotten a water park expansion I was not going to get a season pass for Great America this year and instead take two trips to Cedar Point.

I'm happy about Maxx Force. But I almost wish Kieran Burke would become CEO again. I could care less if Six Flags goes bankrupt, I'm not a shareholder and it had zero impact on me last time it did go BK.

Great America is so profitable that it will never go under as a theme park. The worst case scenario would be Cedar Fair purchasing Great America, Magic Mountain and Great Adventure, which I wouldn't mind at all, lol

There is literally no chance under their current management of going bankrupt. The current management is even setting up a safety net for the cyclical and eventual recessions that occur in the US. The foreign licensing deals are safety net. There are 12 and will be to 20 or more within another 5 years. The memberships are even a safety net in a way in a economic downturn b/c people are less likely to cancel a small monthly auto pay than having to make a conscious decision to make a lump sum payment.

Don't see a scenario where CF buys SFMM, it's in the same market as Knotts. Also, it's SF's second most valuable asset after GAdv. SFMM estimated market value is 469M, GAm 399M and GAdv 756M. Don't see any of these assets ever being sold individually or a package deal. There are a few other parks that would not be in the market if things went south such as SFOT(value 355M). The neglected parks would be the ones to go..SFA, LaRonde, etc...

CF has made some statements in recent years about acquisitions but it sounds like they made inquiries to some indy family owned park,that weren't ready to sell. CF also mentioned in their Q2 call that they have received foreign inquiries into possible SF like licensing deals. CF is not actively seeking deals but have received incoming calls that they may explore in the future.
Sven18

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby coasterfanatic on September 5th, 2018, 2:24 pm
Based on the layout from the picture that one of the guys posted her, it's clear they are not using ALL the available space from Pictorium.

This potentially opens the door to adding smaller rides in that area in the future.

The majority of the general population don't visit OTHER Six Flags parks. SF knows this and that is why a lot of parks have the same rides. They are ADDING 3 more pendulum rides and two more Superloops this year. The general public will eat up MaxxForce. SF knows that it doesn't need to add a $25 million Intamin launch coaster to attract people to the park. SF has not bought a B&M since X Flight. THis is also the first season in several seasons that they are not doing work with RMC. With the park expanding its profile to 25 parks now (all three are standalone waterparks), two more parks are now apart of the "something new every year." As long as JRA remains president, chairman and CEO, that is not going to change. He started that.
coasterfanatic

Postby SaveTheWAVE on September 5th, 2018, 6:28 pm
It might make sense to move the go-karts by Maxx Force. They could theme that whole sub-section of Carousel Plaza to racing.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby UnclePennybags on September 5th, 2018, 7:31 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:It might make sense to move the go-karts by Maxx Force. They could theme that whole sub-section of Carousel Plaza to racing.

I like your thinking, but I don't think you can fit the Go-Karts over there using the current track layout. If they went to a multilevel track, I still think there wouldn't be enough room next to Maxx, but the Karts might fit elsewhere in a smaller footprint. That would open a nice chunk of real estate if they took out Buccaneer Battle at the same time. Even more so if they relocated Hometown Park again.
UnclePennybags

Postby SaveTheWAVE on September 5th, 2018, 7:39 pm
^ You’re right. I wonder what else might be placed near Maxx, if anything?<
SaveTheWAVE

Postby UnclePennybags on September 5th, 2018, 7:47 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:^ You’re right. I wonder what else might be placed near Maxx, if anything?<

A really, really, REALLY long queue.
UnclePennybags

Postby SaveTheWAVE on September 5th, 2018, 7:57 pm
^Right? Lol
SaveTheWAVE

Postby UnclePennybags on September 5th, 2018, 8:06 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:^Right? Lol

They could turn the queue into a maze and call it another ride. Maybe "Maxx Confusion". It'd be like Frodo and Sam trying to find there way to Mordor without Gollum.
UnclePennybags

Postby SaveTheWAVE on September 5th, 2018, 8:11 pm
I wonder if SFGAm will put a real F1 car in the queue?
SaveTheWAVE

Postby UnclePennybags on September 5th, 2018, 8:13 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:I wonder if SFGAm will put a real F1 car in the queue?

That's a good idea. Maybe all the extra space would come in handy if they wanted to theme the hell out of it.
UnclePennybags

Postby RBullFan97 on September 5th, 2018, 8:42 pm
I really hope to see them go all out with the theming on this thing. Formula One cars in the area, special TV programming in the queue, its own original soundtrack, etc.
SFGAm Ride Count 2016: 217
SFGAm Ride Count 2017: 76
SFGAm Ride Count 2018 (So Far): 229
RBullFan97

Postby SaveTheWAVE on September 5th, 2018, 8:57 pm
Totally! Maybe have stats about the ride vs a real F1 car. Perhaps have some memorabilia on display from local professional Formula racers if there are any? Theme the queue to varying stages of the engineering process to finished product of the racecars. Then when we get to the station our Formula 1 car is waiting for us!
SaveTheWAVE

Postby UnclePennybags on September 5th, 2018, 8:59 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:I really hope to see them go all out with the theming on this thing. Formula One cars in the area, special TV programming in the queue, its own original soundtrack, etc.

I know this could get old fast, but every time a train comes into the station, they could play sounds from a pit stop. At a minimum, you'd have to have an air wrench somewhere in the sound track:

https://youtu.be/9OOJDA7Ermc
UnclePennybags

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 5th, 2018, 10:20 pm
^ I'd love that!! I hope there's a countdown and tire screeching when you launch.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on September 6th, 2018, 9:15 am
I wonder if they'll use the current Sky Trek Tower exit as Maxx Forces entrance and use the Pictorium entrance for a different flat ride. A Ferris Wheel would be amazing right there!

Have both rides exit through the gift store. Because there's a lot of unused room from the artwork released so far.
Attachments
230144.jpg
JackGlass

Postby Muck Finnesota on September 6th, 2018, 9:55 am
SaveTheWAVE wrote:It might make sense to move the go-karts by Maxx Force. They could theme that whole sub-section of Carousel Plaza to racing.

Before the coaster was announced (and during hint season), one of my guesses as to what the detour sign could have meant was that maybe the go-karts would be returning to the front area of the park, freeing up room for a new coaster (not necessarily for 2019). The Pictorium land being developed would be for the go-karts and a water park expansion. Glad it didn't turn out that way, but still hope to see the go-karts eventually moved out elsewhere to help make room for something bigger.

UnclePennybags wrote:
RBullFan97 wrote:I really hope to see them go all out with the theming on this thing. Formula One cars in the area, special TV programming in the queue, its own original soundtrack, etc.

I know this could get old fast, but every time a train comes into the station, they could play sounds from a pit stop. At a minimum, you'd have to have an air wrench somewhere in the sound track:

After hearing the park's attempt at something like that (X-Flight spiel), I think I'd rather they stick to something as vanilla as possible when it comes to sound effects. I'd be all for something like that if we weren't talking about Six Flags.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on September 6th, 2018, 11:19 am
UnclePennybags wrote:

I hope they put a bunch of theming as possible and have the station look like a pit stop and when they are about to launch they can have lights and a racing flag.
Lightning Rod is finally open! Oh wait it closed.

Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Mako 5. Boulder Dash 6. Nitro 7. Goliath SFGAM 8. Iron Rattler 9. Medusa Steel Coaster 10. Superman The Ride
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SaveTheWAVE on September 6th, 2018, 12:48 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V6y1bz-D-I
Here are some F1 cars and the sounds of their motors whilst racing. Maybe SFGAm could sample some F1 cars racing for ambiance near the ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by SaveTheWAVE on September 7th, 2018, 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby Mean Streaker on September 6th, 2018, 7:51 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:

It would be awesome if they played it during a second launch.

There could be a short break at a block section while the sounds played, then a launch right after you hear a crew member say "GO!"
Mean Streaker

Postby JT2002 on September 6th, 2018, 8:00 pm
JackGlass wrote:I wonder if they'll use the current Sky Trek Tower exit as Maxx Forces entrance and use the Pictorium entrance for a different flat ride. A Ferris Wheel would be amazing right there!

Have both rides exit through the gift store. Because there's a lot of unused room from the artwork released so far.

I wonder if they will keep the Pictorium entrance sign for memories or something like that (similar to keeping one Orbit car). If they did move the go-karts, that'd be pretty funny since they used to be right over there by Space Shuttle America.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my park get a RMC Trex, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will double post on this forum.
JT2002

Postby ChicagoCoasters on September 6th, 2018, 11:23 pm
JT2002 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:I wonder if they'll use the current Sky Trek Tower exit as Maxx Forces entrance and use the Pictorium entrance for a different flat ride. A Ferris Wheel would be amazing right there!

I wonder if they will keep the Pictorium entrance sign for memories or something like that (similar to keeping one Orbit car). If they did move the go-karts, that'd be pretty funny since they used to be right over there by Space Shuttle America.

That would be cool. They could put it in the Fright Fest graveyard. :lol:
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby Viper 88 on September 7th, 2018, 12:51 pm
Am I the only one that the name absolutely sucks? Maxx Force? What does that have to do with racing? Nothing! It seems like it would be better suited for a jet themed coaster. They could have gone the DC route and called it Flash that would have made a little more sense while allowing for generic coasters. I just wish they would stop putting in this unfluffy friendly stuff! I mean I am working on it but jeeze!
Viper 88

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 7th, 2018, 1:56 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
SaveTheWAVE wrote:^Right? Lol

They could turn the queue into a maze and call it another ride. Maybe "Maxx Confusion". It'd be like Frodo and Sam trying to find there way to Mordor without Gollum.

LOVE IT!!! Nice LOTR reference!! That's my favorite movie of all time.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 7th, 2018, 1:58 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ I'd love that!! I hope there's a countdown and tire screeching when you launch.

YES!! Absolutely a great idea. I'm wondering if this ride will have a minimum wait time (like V2) between cycles?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 7th, 2018, 2:04 pm
Viper 88 wrote:Am I the only one that the name absolutely sucks? Maxx Force? What does that have to do with racing? Nothing! It seems like it would be better suited for a jet themed coaster. They could have gone the DC route and called it Flash that would have made a little more sense while allowing for generic coasters. I just wish they would stop putting in this unfluffy friendly stuff! I mean I am working on it but jeeze!

If you think about it, this ride's name is similar to Vertical Velocity: yt describes accurately what the ride does...... So I can't complain about the ride's name. Now, when there are like 50 rides named Goliath or Superman, that's different.

CoasterRiderSC

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum