Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby UnclePennybags on April 14th, 2019, 1:27 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:The area is way bigger than I thought it was & the station is small.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the station isn't small. Maybe the ride is big.
UnclePennybags

Postby staticshadows on April 14th, 2019, 1:31 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
SaveTheWAVE wrote:Does Maxx Force’s launch look as physically short in person as it looks in photos?

I now see what you mean. From the Sky Trek vantage point, the launch looks very, very short, assuming it starts after you clear the train tunnel and ends just before the bunny hill.

The launch starts before the train tunnel.
staticshadows

Postby Goku1910 on April 14th, 2019, 1:36 pm
The launch appears small but it's really not when you consider it's air powered.it starts before the railroad bridge and ends roughly around where Viper's Flash Pass migration point is.

It's going to accelerate at an insane pace.
Goku1910

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 14th, 2019, 1:36 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:The area is way bigger than I thought it was & the station is small.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the station isn't small. Maybe the ride is big.

When trains arrive the park will probably reveal station boarding details. At NCC they did say 2 16 passenger trains. The station looks like it could only fit one.

edit: judging by the size of the transfer track, the station looks like it can hold two trains at once.
Last edited by SFGAM_Hog on April 14th, 2019, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby UnclePennybags on April 14th, 2019, 1:37 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ I think the train has always been routed to go under the supports of RB.

The train has always gone under Raging Bull's turnaround. However, I thought the park might use this opportunity to improve/increase the grade of the train track between Southwest Territory and the new Maxx Force bridge. It looks like it'll remain the same. Every so often in April/May, the train will fail to make the climb from around Viper to the Hometown Square station.
Last edited by UnclePennybags on April 14th, 2019, 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby RobSFGAm on April 14th, 2019, 2:15 pm
Random thought - with all the construction over in that area... If the park train went the opposite direction (counter clockwise), they could have added a third train station. Put the park train station in the open area just to the North of where Trailblazer used to be so that it could easily get to to both SWT and HH for the first few hours of the park and HH opening each day.
RobSFGAm

Postby gottastrata33 on April 14th, 2019, 3:09 pm
You know what I see happening.... the land against Maxx is going to be used for HH at some point. It’s a small plot but enough to add a little somethin. Land to the left could see a flat ride added depending on how much is used for the que/exit.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 14th, 2019, 3:32 pm
I don't think so. The land between Maxx and the HH path is too small. You also have the train tracks going through that entire area too. I don't know how the queue will lay, but there's a hill there still behind Carousel Gifts. I'd love for a flat to go there, but I just don't see it happening.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Goku1910 on April 14th, 2019, 4:07 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I don't think so. The land between Maxx and the HH path is too small. You also have the train tracks going through that entire area too. I don't know how the queue will lay, but there's a hill there still behind Carousel Gifts. I'd love for a flat to go there, but I just don't see it happening.

It's bigger than you think. The area between the train curve, viper, and HH is quite large. If they manage to move that electrical building and then pushed HH's entrance back they could fit something small there or expand upon Riptide Bay.

The Building I'm referring to is pictured here: https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5D4AECCB
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby ernstwhere on April 14th, 2019, 4:13 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I don't think so. The land between Maxx and the HH path is too small. You also have the train tracks going through that entire area too. I don't know how the queue will lay, but there's a hill there still behind Carousel Gifts. I'd love for a flat to go there, but I just don't see it happening.

Agree. If the queue is sited between Maxx and HH path that leaves a large chunk of developable land in Pic's old spot. I'd love to see a flat or another amenity, maybe a restaurant, as an adjacent sub-land in Carousel Plaza. I wonder why Pictorium's gateway is still there, I thought that would be removed for sure, maybe that means something for the future. It sure looks worse for wear now that the attraction was removed.

But we do know the exit for Maxx is through Carousel Gifts so all that dirt will probably go.
ernstwhere

Postby UnclePennybags on April 14th, 2019, 5:26 pm

Maxx pretty well bisects the old Pictorium plat. The half closest to Carousel Plaza will hold Maxx's queue and transfer tracks, as well as the exit for Sky Trek Tower. The half closest to Viper has the train track, an electrical station, and a service road.

You might get a little somethin' on the Viper side for Hurricane Harbor, but it'll be little...about the size of Wipeout. The Carousel Plaza side would have difficulty fitting something as small as Hometown Park, if they chose to relocate it from the area around Lobster.
Last edited by UnclePennybags on April 14th, 2019, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby anewman35 on April 14th, 2019, 5:31 pm
ernstwhere wrote:

Agree. If the queue is sited between Maxx and HH path that leaves a large chunk of developable land in Pic's old spot. I'd love to see a flat or another amenity, maybe a restaurant, as an adjacent sub-land in Carousel Plaza. I wonder why Pictorium's gateway is still there, I thought that would be removed for sure, maybe that means something for the future. It sure looks worse for wear now that the attraction was removed.

But we do know the exit for Maxx is through Carousel Gifts so all that dirt will probably go.

The Pictorium entrance is the Maxx Force entrance. I would assume they the gateway still being there doesn't mean anything other than they haven't bothered to do any Maxx Force theming yet (although you would think they would at least like slap some sort of temporary 'coming soon' sign over it by opening day...)

If you look at the picture of the new map that was posted, looks like there's still an gateway, so they'll probably just repaint it and stick a new name on top...
anewman35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 14th, 2019, 5:40 pm
If they just repaint the gateway, I'd be pretty disappointed to be honest. I thought I saw that they had a big sign in front of the gateway when I watched a construction tour video. Maybe they'll put it back up. The park map probably doesn't mean anything really. The station looks mirrored from the original animation too.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Goku1910 on April 14th, 2019, 5:42 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:If they just repaint the gateway, I'd be pretty disappointed to be honest. I thought I saw that they had a big sign in front of the gateway when I watched a construction tour video. Maybe they'll put it back up. The park map probably doesn't mean anything really. The station looks mirrored from the original animation too.

Counstruction tour video had a big sign? Where?

Picture I took of the map has the same orientation of the station based on the animation video. The map also clearly shows the entrance going to the exact same spot of the pictorium entrance. I know maps aren't always accurate but that seems really credible.
Goku1910

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 14th, 2019, 5:45 pm
https://youtu.be/cebEthbQI-I

9:37 I meant just a little poster, but it still shows the Pictorium sign. The park probably doesn't know what they're going to do for the sign so they just left that gateway on the map there.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby UnclePennybags on April 14th, 2019, 6:26 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:Random thought - with all the construction over in that area... If the park train went the opposite direction (counter clockwise), they could have added a third train station. Put the park train station in the open area just to the North of where Trailblazer used to be so that it could easily get to to both SWT and HH for the first few hours of the park and HH opening each day.

I'd love it if the park turned the train into a people mover, not just a ride. Add another train or two, a stop at SWT, and I'd be really happy. Also, open the stations when the park opens. Right now, they don't open until 12:00 PM.
UnclePennybags

Postby ernstwhere on April 14th, 2019, 6:30 pm
Wow, if Pictorium entrance is Maxx's entrance I'm surprised nothing has been done. What a missed opportunity to generate excitement. Although I've seen little posted to Twitter all winter about Maxx to do the same.
ernstwhere

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 14th, 2019, 7:30 pm
^They had a few posters up in Carousel Plaza showing off the ride and "Coming in 2019"

For what a great ride Maxx will most likely be, I would hope they wouldn't just reuse the old Pictorium sign. The ride should have a nice big sign like X-Flight's or Goliath's. I even think MGH's entrance is cool looking. I hope they open up that area a little bit.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on April 14th, 2019, 7:34 pm
ernstwhere wrote:Wow, if Pictorium entrance is Maxx's entrance I'm surprised nothing has been done. What a missed opportunity to generate excitement. Although I've seen little posted to Twitter all winter about Maxx to do the same.

Eh, they had signs up promoting Maxx force for 4 months last year, at this point seeing the actual ride looming over the area is going to generate more excitement than any new sign will (although I still sort of expect them to cover up the Pictorium name by Friday, but maybe I give them too much credit...)
anewman35

Postby ChicagoCoasters on April 14th, 2019, 8:55 pm
anewman35 wrote:
ernstwhere wrote:

The Pictorium entrance is the Maxx Force entrance. I would assume they the gateway still being there doesn't mean anything other than they haven't bothered to do any Maxx Force theming yet (although you would think they would at least like slap some sort of temporary 'coming soon' sign over it by opening day...)

If you look at the picture of the new map that was posted, looks like there's still an gateway, so they'll probably just repaint it and stick a new name on top...

What is this map you guys are talking about? They haven't posted the map for this year yet. Also there was a sign in the Pictorium portal during the tour. Don't know why it wasn't there yesterday.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 14th, 2019, 9:01 pm
Goku1910 was at the park yesterday and took pics. He posted a link to an album of pics and took a picture of the map displayed at the park. I wonder when they are going to update the map online.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on April 14th, 2019, 10:24 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Goku1910 was at the park yesterday and took pics. He posted a link to an album of pics and took a picture of the map displayed at the park. I wonder when they are going to update the map online.

I would expect sometime this week. Also dying to see the new Season Dining Pass guide...
anewman35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 14th, 2019, 10:37 pm
^ I wish we were getting a new restaurant along with Maxx. The park should really add more sitdown places like Strutter's. Big Lou's is nice, but doesn't have anything going on in the inside and no where to sit indoors.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ChicagoCoasters on April 14th, 2019, 11:06 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ I wish we were getting a new restaurant along with Maxx. The park should really add more sitdown places like Strutter's. Big Lou's is nice, but doesn't have anything going on in the inside and no where to sit indoors.

Hurricane Harbor is getting a new restaurant called Beachcombers Chicken and will serve buffalo chicken sandwiches, grilled chicken sandwiches, chicken tenders, and more. Also in the passholder newsletter from about a week ago, it says Maxx Force is debuting in Hometown Square and not Carousel Plaza. I am the only one who thinks Maxx Force looks terrible on the map. Based off of Goku's picture it doesn't look very good. Especially the double inversion.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby coasterlove on April 14th, 2019, 11:46 pm
It is a little disappointing that there seems to still be a good amount of work to be done. I could easily see construction lasting another month or so at the pace they have been going so far. Then the testing will last a while and I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't open until mid June or even closer to the 4th of July. I know it was a bad winter at times and that could explain a week or so but opening that late in the season is unfortunate.

I'm still highly looking forward to the ride but was hoping it would be open sooner before the summer officially starts and more crowded typically than spring.
coasterlove

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum