Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 25th, 2019, 8:36 pm
https://youtu.be/86h6yjWs6l4
Here. Sorry, the link wasn't working in that first post.

Sent from my SM-G550T2 using Tapatalk
SFGAM_Hog

Postby IssaCoaster on May 26th, 2019, 12:37 am
redrobinround wrote:does anybody know if the queue line is going to have shade or is six flags going the cheap way and not installing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It better have some kind of shade. The wait times are going to be insane for this thing. I REALLY hope that they don't let the guests burn. The food at the park is enough torture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on May 26th, 2019, 12:41 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:Well considering on May 22nd, a picture of the store that is supposed to be the exit of this ride has NOTHING in it, and looks like a complete and utter mess + the ride doesn't even have an actual sign, this ride is way behind schedule. The station doesn't even have a roof or sides. I don't think you can test a ride without a station roof or sides of the building. It just has the steel around it.
Something leads me to believe that the weather in the area lately has something to do with everything being behind schedule. But honestly, I would not want to be in Magic Mountain's position right now.

IssaCoaster

Postby rluecht72 on May 26th, 2019, 6:04 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ Not sure what you're trying to get at.

A joke/X Flight has a jamaican pa
rluecht72

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 26th, 2019, 9:23 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Anyone know how long the minimum interval is between cycles? For example, V2 needs to wait 2 minutes. I'm wondering if ALL air cylinders are used EACH launch, or does it need only half and the other half are used the next launch? I'm wondering how long it takes to recharge those cylinders after a launch

Was wondering if anyone knew the answers to these questions? Also does anyone know the process where they assemble the trains together on the track and how that works? I always thought trains were loose (not on a track section as shown above) and each car was just placed ONTO the transfer track.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby JaminOut on May 26th, 2019, 9:42 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Anyone know how long the minimum interval is between cycles? For example, V2 needs to wait 2 minutes. I'm wondering if ALL air cylinders are used EACH launch, or does it need only half and the other half are used the next launch? I'm wondering how long it takes to recharge those cylinders after a launch

Was wondering if anyone knew the answers to these questions? Also does anyone know the process where they assemble the trains together on the track and how that works? I always thought trains were loose (not on a track section as shown above) and each car was just placed ONTO the transfer track.

I don’t know how the air cylinders work in that regard, but the assemble the trains on the transfer track, loading the front onto it first then each section in order after that. The link the cars to each other during this process. The little piece of track each individual car is on is only a mode of transportation and is not the track that is used in the transfer/mech bay.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby redrobinround on May 26th, 2019, 10:40 am
how an air launch coaster works
https://youtu.be/1Y0eZPxPB6Y

redrobinround

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 26th, 2019, 3:33 pm
In Rob's latest video at the 2 minute mark, https://youtu.be/KS3G9NrfWkc , I noticed that there are these columns being built where the gates will be to wait in line in the station, but they look so close together that it looks like a wall and it is confusing me why it's there.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on May 26th, 2019, 3:41 pm
Look at that launch! THAT is what we will be experiencing. How are any of you concerned? Maxx is gonna be fantastic.

Ugh. That ride still blows my mind & I’ll never stop being upset they scrapped it. I heard It was a POS but it was an intense one. I was shy one year on my first visit to KD.

what’s funny was their use of pneumatic air tires to ensure a smooth ride that wasn’t smooth. I mean look at the riders LOL.
gottastrata33

Postby UnclePennybags on May 26th, 2019, 8:13 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:...I noticed that there are these columns being built where the gates will be to wait in line in the station, but they look so close together that it looks like a wall and it is confusing me why it's there.

This confuses me a bit as well. At the angle we're seeing the station, it has a little bit of an Escher Belvedere thing going on:

Here's a marked-up hires image that better describes what I and SFGAM_Hog are seeing:

The vertical columns marked in red are the columns closest to the Carousel Plaza side of the station. The columns marked in blue are on the backside. The columns marked in green are not bisecting the station, but appear to be delimiting the furthest extent of the loading platform towards the tracks. Attached to the green columns, we then have have vertical members that look like framing for a wall.

Because this framing is obviously not load-bearing, and because I've not seen a wall built for any modern coaster's loading safety, I'm befuddled as to this structure's purpose. If you eliminate structural or safety requirements, the only other reason I can think of for having a wall is for aesthetics. Possibly for theming?

If for aesthetics, maybe it's something for people to see on the loading platform. Alternately, maybe something for the train riders exiting or entering the station.

If not for aesthetics, I really can't think of any reason why heavy vertical members or a wall would be used to separate the riders from the trains. Seems like overkill. I don't think I've seen this sort of thing before.
UnclePennybags

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 26th, 2019, 8:46 pm
I have no clue... I'm confused.Image

Sent from my SM-G550T2 using Tapatalk
SFGAM_Hog

Postby cliffhanger on May 26th, 2019, 9:48 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:I really can't think of any reason why heavy vertical members or a wall would be used to separate the riders from the trains. Seems like overkill. I don't think I've seen this sort of thing before.

Honestly, looks like airgate lanes for loading. Its hard to judge the size, but the spacing makes sense. Makes me think there is in fact two station positions.
cliffhanger

Postby redrobinround on May 26th, 2019, 10:08 pm
what is airgate lane

redrobinround

Postby jmanporty7 on May 26th, 2019, 10:32 pm
I don't know if this already been mentioned on here....but i think Maxx's trains will have 4 cars per train (16 riders per train) as opposed to the 3 cars per train (12 riders per train) it was originally announced with. I stopped by the construction site and I looked at the maintenance garage for the ride and noticed what appeared to be a 4 car train.

But who knows, my eyes are probably playing tricks on me.... :lol: :lol:
jmanporty7

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 26th, 2019, 10:41 pm
I believe it's four cars per train too. I could count four cars in the shed. I think it'll be running two trains and hopefully the other one is already on park property. Also random, but I still hope they add theming somewhere in the queue. I think they could make the station interior look really cool.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby IssaCoaster on May 26th, 2019, 11:16 pm
Does anyone have a guess as to when they'll start testing?

IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on May 26th, 2019, 11:38 pm
Could it be a really fun door/airgate loading system like Superman: Escape from Krypton has?!
gottastrata33

Postby UnclePennybags on May 27th, 2019, 1:15 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Could it be a really fun door/airgate loading system like Superman: Escape from Krypton has?!

That actually makes sense. The framing in Maxx's station looks a little like what we can see in this video:

https://youtu.be/JAYjWKAvysc?t=14
UnclePennybags

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 27th, 2019, 7:12 am
IssaCoaster wrote:Does anyone have a guess as to when they'll start testing?

I hope it would be soon, but we dont really know where they're at in terms of electrical work. The only thing I noticed is that the transfer track has been moving positions so maybe they are going to bring the train into the station soon to test.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 27th, 2019, 10:52 am
There’s a rumor going around on other forums and Facebook that testing will begin today around noon. I guess we will see in a hour or so.

B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 27th, 2019, 11:26 am
That’s awesome if it’s true, but some of those people are getting information from Flash Pass workers lol
SFGAM_Hog

Postby redrobinround on May 27th, 2019, 11:57 am
are they working on a national holiday?

redrobinround

Postby IssaCoaster on May 27th, 2019, 2:18 pm
redrobinround wrote:are they working on a national holiday?

I thought they did. But there are storms in the area. So idk about the testing today.

IssaCoaster

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 27th, 2019, 2:41 pm
I heard there's no one on the site working. I don't know who made this rumor of testing today. Maybe we'll see some this week at least.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 27th, 2019, 5:48 pm
The weather isn't looking good for most of this week and next week for testing. Too much rain.. I hope they complete the station this week at least.
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum