Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JT2002 on March 24th, 2019, 3:48 pm
https://imgur.com/a/rlsA2p3 Some great photos of construction too from reddit. GET HYPED!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby AirTimeDaz on March 24th, 2019, 5:12 pm
Here's one of my fav YTers Patrick from CoasterFanatics Maxx Force construction tour. Some up close shots & a few questions are answered, but not a ton more info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4rrYT-5ykU
AirTimeDaz

Postby ernstwhere on March 24th, 2019, 6:25 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:Per the Coaster Fanatics video of the MXF construction tour, the catchcar for Maxx Force May be named Oscar! 8:53-9:01.

I noticed that too! A tribute to Tidal Wave!
ernstwhere

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 24th, 2019, 7:31 pm
Is it just me or does the launch look really short? The length of the launch from what I believe is the train bridge and the end of the launch it looks pretty small. Hypersonic XLC's launch looked similar to this one. I just think it looks shorter than the rendering.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on March 24th, 2019, 8:17 pm
It’s VERY short. My eyes widened cause even with the crew member walking alongside it, it still looked tiny. This is going to be so intense. I’m so happy we got this.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on March 25th, 2019, 12:56 am
This thing is going to transform the skyline like no other! That picture by Little Dipper just shows how massive that double inversion is!

Hopefully once it's done, they'll take a picture from on top of the trolley station or one of the buildings in Hometown saqure, so we can see Whizzers lift hill with Maxx Force behind it. I wouldn't mind buying a framed poster of something like that.
JackGlass

Postby RBullFan97 on March 25th, 2019, 7:37 am
JackGlass wrote:Hopefully once it's done, they'll take a picture from on top of the trolley station or one of the buildings in Hometown saqure, so we can see Whizzers lift hill with Maxx Force behind it. I wouldn't mind buying a framed poster of something like that.

Totally, it would be a perfect encapsulation of where our park started and where it is today, the beloved classic and the modern thriller. An iconic image for sure.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 25th, 2019, 3:55 pm
Now I really want to take a panorama shot from the train station panning from the double inversion to the final inversion!! You can get some amazing shots from the HH entrance and path too. No doubt it'll be a photogenic ride :)
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ChicagoCoasters on March 25th, 2019, 4:33 pm
The view from the Hurricane Harbor entrance path is amazing. You can see the whole layout. The 3rd inversion is about 15-20 feet away from the HH pathway. Since you can see the whole layout from there, the launch track looks extremely short. But there is almost no straight brake run pieces it is all on the drop of the fifth inversion.
BCarroll wrote:Here’s a picture of Maxx Force from Carousel Gifts and the 3-Pt Contest in Hometown Square. As well as looking up at the tower after the first launch. As of 3/24/2019Image

That trench in front of the bulldozer with the tiny supports is where the transfer track will be. The exit will run against the transfer track. Somebody who I was with together on the tour asked how much the ride costs and one of the people (not the head tour guide) said it costs somewhere between $15 and $20 million. There are plans for theming but most of it will be in Carousel Plaza Gifts not the queue. There was a lot more information given I will a dress it all if this site works and I can upload my photos from Saturday.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 25th, 2019, 4:41 pm
The space between the brake run and launch look too small to be a double loading platform. I could be wrong.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 26th, 2019, 4:51 pm
The second version support tower is basically at it's highest point. They still need to put a few more supports onto it. This isn't my picture.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bve9Lc5AM0o ... 0kw4lxceyp
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on March 26th, 2019, 11:58 pm
This is so whacky
gottastrata33

Postby RobSFGAm on March 29th, 2019, 9:20 pm
I just posted this weeks update on Maxx Force progress.
On Thursday and Friday there was no visible activity from outside of the park, so I just put up the drone (off park property).
https://youtu.be/M7-j7of26Pc
RobSFGAm

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 29th, 2019, 10:38 pm
I really do appreciate you posting these weekly updates when we can't go down there to see the progress. That tower is finally complete except for two small supports that will hold the track going into the second inversion. I hope we start seeing the second tower's supports going up next week.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RobSFGAm on March 30th, 2019, 10:57 am
Thanks, glad you like the updates.
I am thinking that they will focus on completing the first tower soon, but that might also be working on getting the track near the ground (one rate bunny fill at the end of launch) in first.
RobSFGAm

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 30th, 2019, 2:12 pm
My guess is they will start the other tower then work on the zero g roll, then finish the ride with track on the double inversion.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on March 31st, 2019, 1:00 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:Thanks, glad you like the updates.
I am thinking that they will focus on completing the first tower soon, but that might also be working on getting the track near the ground (one rate bunny fill at the end of launch) in first.

The entire launch, hill & going up to the first inversion is already done.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 31st, 2019, 1:37 pm
I think it's so cool that you can already see the double inversion as you are first turning onto the tollway from Grand Avenue. When both sides are complete and have track on them, it'll look even more intimidating.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on March 31st, 2019, 2:09 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
RobSFGAm wrote:Thanks, glad you like the updates.

The launch track may be completed, but there may still be a lot of work to do near the ground. I’m not sure if the 40’ and 60’ air compression tubes have been set in place, or any of the mechanicals that accompany them. As of the ACE construction tour the building for the cylinders had just been completed. They may be working on installing hookups for everything- I’m sure there are lots of them! So, if we don’t see cranes in the air placing track, or if it appears that the work has gone stagnant, the reasons I gave might be why.
The entire launch, hill & going up to the first inversion is already done.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby BCarroll on March 31st, 2019, 4:22 pm
Here’s an update at of today, 3/31. No more track progress, but electrical work and the compressed air cylinders are being done. Image

Back by the Chubasco enteranceImage
Also, there is a new shooting game next to Ricochet, and the walls and maze are still up for TT2 and Infestation.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 31st, 2019, 4:38 pm
Wow, such a great view of the ride! It would be sweet to catch RB and MF's trains running next to each other at the same time! That would be a cool picture to get. Thanks for the pictures!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on March 31st, 2019, 5:05 pm
Thanks for the great pictures, BCarroll!
SaveTheWAVE

Postby gottastrata33 on March 31st, 2019, 9:13 pm
What’s funny is, I’m aware of where this ride is located/going but don’t think about how it’s goin to look from obvious spots in the park & that view is like “whoa, it’s right there, that looks so different!” Haha
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 31st, 2019, 10:01 pm
Me too! I thought for the most part the ride would be tucked away and you wouldn't see much but the Double Inversion from the middle up, but you'll be able to see the train launching down the track from the HH walkway.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on April 1st, 2019, 10:48 am
Well it would be pretty hard to not notice a 175 foot double inversion from anywhere in the park, unless your in a ride station, or in the bathroom, or somewhere else in the park.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum