Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby IssaCoaster on June 20th, 2019, 3:07 am
gottastrata33 wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:Alright.....

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Lol I mean C’mon? you’re makin it seem like it’s made of cardboard. Can you explain why you think it’s such an awful entrance sign & why you don’t think that about Maxx?

To be honest, while I do Like the metallic/mirror font of Maxx, that to me is what I’d call a bad entrance sign.
This was just my opinion. The entrance and sign doesn't fit well with atmosphere of the queue. It seems like it wasn't a very good effort. Xflight's sign in my opinion works well. MaxxForce fits well with the generic theming in the "theme park". It feels refreshing. Minimalist, yeah. But it is short and sweet, probably like the ride will be. And they are not done with everything yet so I will wait until it opens to have a final opinion. I'm just happy we aren't getting another name that is used in every park from the chain. And of course, I respect your opinion as well. You don't have to agree with me. Sorry if I came off as inflammatory.

IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on June 20th, 2019, 3:13 am
Don’t apologize about your opinion. I’m usually very sassy & sarcastic on here. I tend to go off if I’m mad. Tellin ya to have a seat is just like “Ok listen here” lol however next time you’re in the park, I’d like you to take the time to really look at Goliaths entrance sign & see the detail that went into it. The cracks & the details in the capital (top of the column) is very well done.Image
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby cliffhanger on June 20th, 2019, 10:59 am
IssaCoaster wrote:Xflight's sign in my opinion works well.

I thought Xflight's portal was good, but it's really just a copy of one from Six Flags Magic Mountain that came 3 years earlier.
Attachments
BeFunky-collage.jpg
cliffhanger

Postby jmanporty7 on June 20th, 2019, 11:23 am
cliffhanger wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:Xflight's sign in my opinion works well.

I thought Xflight's portal was good, but it's really just a copy of one from Six Flags Magic Mountain that came 3 years earlier.

Oh my gosh i never realized this until now :lol: :lol:
jmanporty7

Postby staticshadows on June 20th, 2019, 1:42 pm
https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/ct-lns-six-flags-maxx-force-opening-st-0621-20190620-7j77iislkzhw3fnctdlpolq7ee-story.html
Maxx Force roller coaster to open July 4 weekend at Six Flags Great America

Maxx Force, the new 175-foot-tall launch roller coaster that has been under construction since late last year at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, has been scheduled for a media preview on July 2 in anticipation of an expected public unveiling on or around July 4.

In announcing a predawn unveiling and test rides for regional media on July 2, Great America Communications Manager Caitlin Kepple said Thursday that “we are planning to open Maxx Force to the public Fourth of July weekend.”

Previously, park officials had been estimating that the coaster would open this summer, with Great America President Hank Salemi saying at a construction site tour in February that the general target was “early summer."
staticshadows

Postby IssaCoaster on June 20th, 2019, 1:46 pm
^Oh God.... those lines are gonna be insane. I think I'll wait a week or so after it opens to ride. Thank you for the update. Now I can rest in peace because we have a date.

IssaCoaster

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 20th, 2019, 1:50 pm
Great news! Yeah, the lines are going to be crazy...not sure when I'll get to riding it with those lines.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JaminOut on June 20th, 2019, 2:33 pm
Is there any information of them holding a day where they do a promotional shoot like they did with Goliath? If so, I’d love to be able to get in there to do it.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby cliffhanger on June 20th, 2019, 3:42 pm
JaminOut wrote:Is there any information of them holding a day where they do a promotional shoot like they did with Goliath? If so, I’d love to be able to get in there to do it.

Goliath opened to the public on June 19th, the commercial shoot was the 14th, and the casting call went out on the 6th. So Im guessing we will see a casting call on twitter VERY soon. That is, if they do the shoot before the ride opens to the public (IDK why they wouldnt).
cliffhanger

Postby JT2002 on June 20th, 2019, 3:59 pm
JaminOut wrote:Is there any information of them holding a day where they do a promotional shoot like they did with Goliath? If so, I’d love to be able to get in there to do it.

The promotional shoot will be on the 29th and 30th
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby cliffhanger on June 20th, 2019, 4:04 pm
JT2002 wrote:

Says who?
cliffhanger

Postby redrobinround on June 20th, 2019, 4:57 pm
on maxx opening is anybody going earlier than 9:45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redrobinround

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 20th, 2019, 5:00 pm
redrobinround wrote:on maxx opening is anybody going earlier than 9:45

I am. I'll probably be at the park around 9-9:30.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby redrobinround on June 20th, 2019, 5:07 pm
well, when does the coca cola ert start

redrobinround

Postby ilrider on June 20th, 2019, 5:16 pm
^
It is the hour before park open, so 9:30-10:30. The ERT days are July 3-6.
ilrider

Postby JaminOut on June 20th, 2019, 7:30 pm
JT2002 wrote:

JT, where is the info posted? Have they sent out applications yet?
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 20th, 2019, 8:13 pm
We saw the black train test three times in a row! The front of the train is nice and shiny like the sign! Maxx looks awesome.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby redrobinround on June 20th, 2019, 8:39 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:We saw the black train test three times in a row! The front of the train is nice and shiny like the sign! Maxx looks awesome.
did u record it

redrobinround

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 20th, 2019, 9:02 pm
Nope. I was too busy wow-ing at it :lol:
SFGAM_Hog

Postby AirTimeDaz on June 21st, 2019, 8:45 am
I like the new rocker/grunge Maxx Force merch a lot more @4:05 but maybe that's just my aesthetic :twisted: :lol:

https://youtu.be/mBYM9oo4htc?t=246

shout out to CoasterNick3157 for the coverage
AirTimeDaz

Postby IssaCoaster on June 21st, 2019, 9:31 am
Thanks for the update. The new merch looks great! I don't know where the skulls are coming from though. It seems pretty weird to me...... but I like it. The coaster speed looks much better now as well too. At first, I didn't think we would get any air time on that little hump. Looking at this video, we might get at least little bit. Especially if it's going to go faster.

IssaCoaster

Postby JaminOut on June 21st, 2019, 10:41 am
Does anyone else find it weird that Six Flags has not publicly released information on MaxxForce’s opening date, membership preview, promotional shoot?
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 21st, 2019, 10:44 am
JaminOut wrote:Does anyone else find it weird that Six Flags has not publicly released information on MaxxForce’s opening date, membership preview, promotional shoot?

No
I’m guessing it will be Monday
After a full weekends of testing to make sure they are ready for the opening after the media day preview on the 2nd.

B&MGuy35

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 21st, 2019, 11:53 am
IssaCoaster wrote:Thanks for the update. The new merch looks great! I don't know where the skulls are coming from though. It seems pretty weird to me...... but I like it. The coaster speed looks much better now as well too. At first, I didn't think we would get any air time on that little hump. Looking at this video, we might get at least little bit. Especially if it's going to go faster.

The step up before the dog tongue is a utilitarian element. The only purpose it serves is to give clearance for the exit of the double inversion. The airtime will come from the fourth inversion going into and during the "wave turn."

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby IssaCoaster on June 21st, 2019, 11:55 am
I know it's there for a purpose then the ride experience, but I'll take what I can get. That zero g roll will also feel real nice as well.

IssaCoaster

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum