Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby staticshadows on August 29th, 2018, 11:01 pm
That looks fantastic! I can’t wait to see the stats for the ride.
staticshadows

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 29th, 2018, 11:02 pm
I have always wished for a new launch coaster in the park, but didn't think they would actually do it. Now I am happier than ever. This gives me motivation to lose weight because I put on some lbs and I barely fit into the rides. I am beyond thrilled with this addition! I do agree, I wish I got to see the overall layout. It looks like 4 inversions? The inversions look amazing too!! 1.8 second launch? SIGN ME UP
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 29th, 2018, 11:06 pm
This looks very nice. It looks like it'll be a brief ride, but so is frigging Storm Runner. No top hat like I was hoping for, but I can't complain. I legitimately feared a water park expansion or something entirely unremarkable, like a Sky Rocket II or Gale Force clone (or that damn Maurer Spike Coaster!). It's nice to see, once again (X-Flight, Goliath), that GAm seems to be well-regarded by Six Flags.

Re: V2 - A park is allowed to have more than one launch coaster, especially if they're as different from each other as V2 and energy drink ri... err...Maxx Force are. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it in fact were the next coaster to go...to make room for that Giga. :twisted:
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 29th, 2018, 11:12 pm
Upon watching the video numerous times again, it does look like lap bars. 4 "major" elements, but I do not know the exact inversion count. It definitely looks like the last inversion goes straight into the station- expect a Full Throttle ending. The whole ride seems to be Full Throttle-esk. Which I love. No complaints, except capacity will not be the greatest but that is expected from a launch coaster. I. am. thrilled.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby coasterfanatic on August 29th, 2018, 11:13 pm
Yeah, at this point, we don't know much until Six Flags releases a formal press release. Clearly, this was leaked as is usually the case. Not sure how MaxxForce fits the racing theme of the videos..It might not be as short as one thinks though as I am told from my sources that the ride will extend into Whizzer ride area. We will find out for sure though in a few hours.
coasterfanatic

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 29th, 2018, 11:26 pm
That track looks Premier. GaleForce track has criss-cross lines in the middle (S&S)
Mr. Freeze for instance.
https://rcdb.com/281.htm#p=367

The really tall inversion reminds of Superman at DIscovery Kingdom (Premier) part of this coaster.
https://rcdb.com/10139.htm#p=39998

This is an S&S air thrust ride, and that track doesn't look like the video either (It looks weird plus they have over the shoulder restraints on):
https://rcdb.com/1423.htm#p=81002

Of course, this is video, and it could be all wrong.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 29th, 2018, 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby RBullFan97 on August 29th, 2018, 11:34 pm
Muck Finnesota wrote:This looks very nice. It looks like it'll be a brief ride, but so is frigging Storm Runner. No top hat like I was hoping for, but I can't complain. I legitimately feared a water park expansion or something entirely unremarkable, like a Sky Rocket II or Gale Force clone (or that damn Maurer Spike Coaster!). It's nice to see, once again (X-Flight, Goliath), that GAm seems to be well-regarded by Six Flags.

Re: V2 - A park is allowed to have more than one launch coaster, especially if they're as different from each other as V2 and energy drink ri... err...Maxx Force are. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it in fact were the next coaster to go...to make room for that Giga. :twisted:

You took the words out of my mouth. Maxx Force isn't an automatic death warrant for V2. A park can have more than one launched coaster.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby coasterfanatic on August 29th, 2018, 11:35 pm
CP has Maverick and Dragster!
coasterfanatic

Postby RBullFan97 on August 29th, 2018, 11:37 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:CP has Maverick and Dragster!

Don't forget Wicked Twister.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 29th, 2018, 11:37 pm
Has this been confirmed as S&S? The other day, Premier tweeted something about thinking outside the box. Could this be the first Premier pneumatic launcher (or an S&S/Premier collabo)?

https://twitter.com/premierrides/status ... 0510269440
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 29th, 2018, 11:39 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:
Muck Finnesota wrote:This looks very nice. It looks like it'll be a brief ride, but so is frigging Storm Runner. No top hat like I was hoping for, but I can't complain. I legitimately feared a water park expansion or something entirely unremarkable, like a Sky Rocket II or Gale Force clone (or that damn Maurer Spike Coaster!). It's nice to see, once again (X-Flight, Goliath), that GAm seems to be well-regarded by Six Flags.

You took the words out of my mouth. Maxx Force isn't an automatic death warrant for V2. A park can have more than one launched coaster.

You have Superman and Full Throttle at Magic Mountain. Discovery Kingdom has a V2, and Superman. Filght of Fear & Backlot Stunt Coaster at Kings Island. Volcano, Flight of Fear, and Backlot Stunt Coaster at Kings Dominion. Xclereator, and that Tidal Wave type of ride at Knott's Berry Farm.

If you want to go on a roller coaster at the park that has the shortest wait as compared to every other roller coaster, you are going to go on the Demon roller coaster. How much longer is it going to last with the shortest lines? It's over 40 years old, and people are riding other coasters instead of it. The great thing is that you also have a bad ride across the way that people don't like, so that creates a lot of space in that area for something good to replace both of them. They could do the whole Joker roller coaster thing, and move the walkway to combine the 2 areas into 1.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 30th, 2018, 12:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 29th, 2018, 11:54 pm
Even though this is so short I’m still loving it! At least it has 2 trains for a total of 24 riders.

Love how the launch is in a trench under the new train bridge that will be constructed. Also I know it could just be he animation but it looks like the path to hurricane harbor is gone. Maybe that’s the detour the video was talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby coasterfanatic on August 29th, 2018, 11:59 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:CP has Maverick and Dragster!

Don't forget Wicked Twister.

You're right I knew I was missing something
coasterfanatic

Postby coasterfanatic on August 30th, 2018, 12:02 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:Even though this is so short I’m still loving it! At least it has 2 trains for a total of 24 riders.

Love how the launch is in a trench under the new train bridge that will be constructed. Also I know it could just be he animation but it looks like the path to hurricane harbor is gone. Maybe that’s the detour the video was talking about.

Wait til GA formally announces. Renderings mean nothing. Take X Flight and Goliath for example. The final ride changed from the renderings.
coasterfanatic

Postby IssaCoaster on August 30th, 2018, 12:19 am
I just saw the West Coast Racers. The trains look amazing. But I think we got the better ride this year mates.
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on August 30th, 2018, 12:26 am
I swear to God....that video does not do the air launches justice. I heard their launches are some of the most intense in the world. It's gonna scare me so bad but I gotta ride it.
IssaCoaster

Postby Mean Streaker on August 30th, 2018, 12:36 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:
RBullFan97 wrote:

You have Superman and Full Throttle at Magic Mountain. Discovery Kingdom has a V2, and Superman. Filght of Fear & Backlot Stunt Coaster at Kings Island. Volcano, Flight of Fear, and Backlot Stunt Coaster at Kings Dominion. Xclereator, and that Tidal Wave type of ride at Knott's Berry Farm.

If you want to go on a roller coaster at the park that has the shortest wait as compared to every other roller coaster, you are going to go on the Demon roller coaster. How much longer is it going to last with the shortest lines? It's over 40 years old, and people are riding other coasters instead of it. The great thing is that you also have a bad ride across the way that people don't like, so that creates a lot of space in that area for something good to replace both of them. They could do the whole Joker roller coaster thing, and move the walkway to combine the 2 areas into 1.

I waited for an hour to ride Demon earlier this season.

The Dark Knight will probably be the next to go. I haven't seen a line longer than 10 since 2010.
Mean Streaker

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 30th, 2018, 1:00 am
^I have been in line for that ride much longer than 10 minutes a lot of times, within those 8 years. Maybe, you only go on it first when it doesn't have the line.

What I will say about Dark Knight is that I do think it is a great coaster, but for this year; the park made the ride worse. They added these blue wheels on that ride, and in my opinion, it is going way too fast around the turns. It was better all the years before, without the blue wheels. If they don't want to put back the old wheels, than maybe they should start braking it, to make it a more reasonable speed.
Ilovthevu'

Postby JaminOut on August 30th, 2018, 1:05 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:^I have been in line for that ride much longer than 10 minutes a lot of times, within those 8 years. Maybe, you only go on it first when it doesn't have the line.

What I will say about Dark Knight is that I do think it is a great coaster, but for this year; the park made the ride worse. They added these blue wheels on that ride, and in my opinion, it is going way too fast around the turns. It was better all the years before, without the blue wheels. If they don't want to put back the old wheels, than maybe they should start braking it, to make it a more reasonable speed.

Or they are purposely trying to do structural damage to the ride so they have a reason to rip it out other than “we don’t want to pay money for effects”. That means we can also rip out Superman, convert TDK queue back to a theater, and have another badass coaster in the front of the park to compliment MadMaxx.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby IssaCoaster on August 30th, 2018, 1:08 am
JaminOut wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:^I have been in line for that ride much longer than 10 minutes a lot of times, within those 8 years. Maybe, you only go on it first when it doesn't have the line.

Or they are purposely trying to do structural damage to the ride so they have a reason to rip it out other than “we don’t want to pay money for effects”. That means we can also rip out Superman, convert TDK queue back to a theater, and have another badass coaster in the front of the park to compliment MadMaxx.

I like the way you think
IssaCoaster

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 30th, 2018, 1:27 am
coasterfanatic wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:Even though this is so short I’m still loving it! At least it has 2 trains for a total of 24 riders.

Wait til GA formally announces. Renderings mean nothing. Take X Flight and Goliath for example. The final ride changed from the renderings.

Raging Bull as well however this explains why train has already been closed for the season because of construction. I’m pretty certain the animation is very correct.

B&MGuy35

Postby Mean Streaker on August 30th, 2018, 1:44 am
I think TDK is better with the new wheels, they add a great whip effect around the turns. TDK is a fun little coaster, but with most of the theming turning off, and the movie it's based on 10 years old now I don't see it lasting too much longer. I bet we'll see at least a major retheme in the next few years.

I'm happy the park hasn't been ripping out a coaster every time we get a new ride. Our count is really starting to get up there.
Mean Streaker

Postby JackGlass on August 30th, 2018, 3:09 am
My God! This thing looks Amazing! :o
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 30th, 2018, 3:20 am
I love that so many of you were right & i was so adamant on this not being a coaster. Youre right, you told me, you told me!! I couldn’t even have dreamed this up. That zero g over the train is incredible!! Can’t wait to get some stats. This looks pretty close to 200ft if not there.

Alright 2020 is a water park addition... LOL
gottastrata33

Postby marcusleshock on August 30th, 2018, 4:14 am
Hey everybody! It's Marcus Leshock from WGN Morning News. I know you all had been following the Maxx Force teasers like I have. Great America answered some of my questions about the teases and about how the ride is going to fit into the park. Still waiting on confirmation of a few things but I have a post up now, thought you all might be interested!

https://marcusleshock.com/record-breaki ... a-in-2019/
marcusleshock

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum