Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby RBullFan97 on January 19th, 2019, 11:15 pm
How about "Maxx Out Your Credit Cards"?
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 19th, 2019, 11:26 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:How about "Maxx Out Your Credit Cards"?

Beautiful XD
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on January 20th, 2019, 7:30 am
This thing is going to be a cash cow! It's right in the front of the park, it's going to have an on ride photo, it's going to exit through the gift store and it will boost flash pass sales.

Since Sky Treks exit isn't going to be used, I wonder if they will eventually turn that into a new Hurricane Harbor entrance? I can't wait to see what the final product looks like!
JackGlass

Postby jmanporty7 on January 20th, 2019, 12:08 pm
JackGlass wrote:This thing is going to be a cash cow! It's right in the front of the park, it's going to have an on ride photo, it's going to exit through the gift store and it will boost flash pass sales.

Since Sky Treks exit isn't going to be used, I wonder if they will eventually turn that into a new Hurricane Harbor entrance? I can't wait to see what the final product looks like!

It would honestly be very smart to have a second entrance to Hurricane Harbor there. Having two entrances into Hurricane Harbor would be very efficient.
jmanporty7

Postby JT2002 on January 20th, 2019, 1:12 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:This thing is going to be a cash cow! It's right in the front of the park, it's going to have an on ride photo, it's going to exit through the gift store and it will boost flash pass sales.

It would honestly be very smart to have a second entrance to Hurricane Harbor there. Having two entrances into Hurricane Harbor would be very efficient.

If the entrance will be the old Pictorium entrance and the exit will be through the Gift shop, they still have the old exit path from the Pictorium that would be a perfect HH entrance!
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby anewman35 on January 20th, 2019, 1:42 pm
Ive always thought it would be better to have the HH entrance up front. But if they wanted to so thst, they could/would have done it ages ago. I think it's unlikely that changes, at least not without some other big change to HH.
anewman35

Postby JackGlass on January 20th, 2019, 3:02 pm
Supports have started going vertical!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQlpQ_aY5EE
JackGlass

Postby SaveTheWAVE on January 20th, 2019, 3:05 pm
Yay!!!! I’m so excited for this ride!!
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 20th, 2019, 3:09 pm
Are the supports grey or black? Also I didn't think I-94 would be that good of a view for construction pics!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on January 21st, 2019, 2:07 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Are the supports grey or black? Also I didn't think I-94 would be that good of a view for construction pics!

It’s been a great spot for years, especially by the businesses across the highway. Back in the day watching RB, V2, Déjà Vu & XFlight we’re all visible from there.

Glad we got an answer to that question I asked earlier with the entrance & exit. Crazed out there’s only going to be two trains though. I’m hoping they have three, with one off at all times cause if one goes down, we only have one during that entire downtime which for any/number of reasons could be down all day. Yikes.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 21st, 2019, 7:07 pm
I wouldn't think you'd be able to see those supports so clearly just because I thought the ride stayed somewhat low minus the double inversion. This ride is gonna be so cool and so tall. :D But no one answered what I had asked earlier, but are the supports actually a dark grey? Or it could just be the picture, but they look darker than what they do in the CGI videos. Can't get enough of this ride :)
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on January 21st, 2019, 9:57 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I wouldn't think you'd be able to see those supports so clearly just because I thought the ride stayed somewhat low minus the double inversion. This ride is gonna be so cool and so tall. :D But no one answered what I had asked earlier, but are the supports actually a dark grey? Or it could just be the picture, but they look darker than what they do in the CGI videos. Can't get enough of this ride :)

Honestly, I recall them bein much lighter in person. It does look dark in the photo.
gottastrata33

Postby AirTimeDaz on January 22nd, 2019, 7:29 am
I think it may just be in a weird shadow in the photo. BTW shout out to Amusement Insiders. Love his content.
AirTimeDaz

Postby gottastrata33 on January 24th, 2019, 1:59 pm
Nope, they really are that dark. They posted an Instagram update.
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on January 24th, 2019, 3:24 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Nope, they really are that dark. They posted an Instagram update.

It would be great if the park would just post the images to their main instagram page. Forcing me to login to a social media platform to view content is a non-starter.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 24th, 2019, 4:24 pm
Well, it'll definitely look like Full Throttle! I don't know what color support I like better
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JT2002 on January 24th, 2019, 6:09 pm
Image Photo from Insta
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 24th, 2019, 6:26 pm
I didn't think construction would go this quickly! I hope I can drive by sometime soon to see the progress in real life.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on January 24th, 2019, 7:16 pm
I hope this goes up really quick so it would hopefully open before Memorial Weekend.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby gottastrata33 on January 24th, 2019, 10:33 pm
Cmon guys. We hope for this every 2yrs. It ain’t gonna open early. ..... & I’m even hopeful. But here’s what is goin to happen - the ride will be done & ready but sit there until Memorial Day weekend.
gottastrata33

Postby jmanporty7 on January 25th, 2019, 2:55 am
I asked this a while back, but is there any details for passholder previews yet?
jmanporty7

Postby Airboss on January 25th, 2019, 7:51 am
jmanporty7 wrote:I asked this a while back, but is there any details for passholder previews yet?

Not yet. They always have previews for passholders and members though, I can't imagine it being any different for Maxx Force.
Airboss

Postby coasterfanatic on January 25th, 2019, 1:04 pm
If they a promoting "construction tours" on the park's Opening Weekend, then they aren't going to open it before Memorial Day. THere's no reason too. They want people to have a reason to come back to the park so waiting til after Memorial Day when most schools and stuff are out makes a lot of sense. It's always been that way.

This probably helps increase ridership at Sky Trek too.
coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on January 25th, 2019, 5:40 pm
God the views watching it twirl through the layout so damn quick from up there will be so awesome. I really Wish there was space to watch it take off. But it’s in a trench. Sooo yeah.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 25th, 2019, 6:53 pm
^ Yeah..that part is annoying. The train will give some great shots too. About the pictures from yesterday, were those the double inversion supports or the dive loop into the station?
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum