Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterkidd100 on May 1st, 2019, 11:15 am
I wonder how much work they still have to do in the gift shop too. I would imagine that all needs to be done before Maxx Force opens as well.
coasterkidd100

Postby rmceagle2021 on May 1st, 2019, 11:44 am
coasterkidd100 wrote:I wonder how much work they still have to do in the gift shop too. I would imagine that all needs to be done before Maxx Force opens as well.

At this time there is nothing done in the store it is just a blank slate. The was are half panted and there is nothing else in there.
rmceagle2021

Postby Tardis1972 on May 1st, 2019, 4:10 pm
So according to RCDB Maxx Force is opening in sometime this month.
Tardis1972

Postby gottastrata33 on May 1st, 2019, 5:10 pm
I’m getting really really excited for this.
gottastrata33

Postby ernstwhere on May 1st, 2019, 6:02 pm
rmceagle2021 wrote:
coasterkidd100 wrote:I wonder how much work they still have to do in the gift shop too. I would imagine that all needs to be done before Maxx Force opens as well.

At this time there is nothing done in the store it is just a blank slate. The was are half panted and there is nothing else in there.

I was about to mention that too. The opening weekend we looked inside, it was completely gutted, no fixtures, no stock and no sign of work beginning. I think the park confirmed Maxx will exit through CG. The 24th is 3 weeks away. I'll remain optimistic but you'd think this kind of non-technical construction should already be in place. We'll see.
ernstwhere

Postby Tardis1972 on May 1st, 2019, 9:08 pm
It’s not like the park announced when Maxx Force is officially open yet so I’m sure the park wouldn’t care if the coaster isn’t ready by Memorial Day weekend. If the park really thinks the coaster is going be ready by then why not reveal the opening date as well? So until that is announced(or media day) I don’t think the coaster is going to ready by then.
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 2nd, 2019, 11:11 am
For me I would rather they take all the time they need to do the total job right the first time. So if that means it doesn't open until mid or late June (or whenever) that's fine. I want them to make sure the ride is complete and safe!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 2nd, 2019, 10:10 pm
I will be at the park Saturday. I'm hoping we'll see more progress done with the station and queue. Maybe even more track has gone up. Is anyone planning on going tomorrow? If so, please let us know of any updates.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby redrobinround on May 3rd, 2019, 2:01 pm
Just saw video of construction. They started transfer shed. To see go on snapchat and find six flags on “snap maps” and find video of construction
redrobinround

Postby RobSFGAm on May 3rd, 2019, 4:56 pm
I stopped by the park this afternoon and there was little visible news to report. I will look to see if there is even enough footage to post a video update or I will combine this past week and next.
As for progress they built the steel structure frame over the transfer track (no walls, roof...just steel frame).
No additional track or support have been put up.
They were working on the dog tongue wheels, but could not tell what they were doing.
Entrance and gift shop is about the same as last week (inside and out) too.
Nothing on scenic railroad track either.
They have moved all the remaining column support from the preferred parking area farther out by the remaining white track pieces.
RobSFGAm

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 3rd, 2019, 7:50 pm
What have they been working on for the past week? I thought the concrete station ramps would even be filled by now..
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ilrider on May 3rd, 2019, 8:09 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:What have they been working on for the past week? I thought the concrete station ramps would even be filled by now..

Might all the rain have held up some work this week?
ilrider

Postby Foltzy on May 3rd, 2019, 11:12 pm
I haven't been as updated on the work so forgive me if I'm posting something that has already been said but they were doing a great deal of work earlier in the day today that was visible from Viper queue. Additionally, I saw some people climbing up supports of the first element multiple times today
Not really feeling school
Totally feeling coasters
Foltzy

Postby coasterfanatic on May 4th, 2019, 1:43 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:What have they been working on for the past week? I thought the concrete station ramps would even be filled by now..

Did you live under a rock all week? We got like 4"+ of rain. And its supposed to be chilly and rain this week too. With the weather the way it is, hard to see them being ready by Memorial Day.
coasterfanatic

Postby rluecht72 on May 4th, 2019, 6:13 am
coasterfanatic wrote:

Did you live under a rock all week? We got like 4"+ of rain. And its supposed to be chilly and rain this week too. With the weather the way it is, hard to see them being ready by Memorial Day.

Robotone "Everything is on schedule and should be open soon"
rluecht72

Postby UnclePennybags on May 5th, 2019, 1:28 pm
I was looking at pictures of Maxx from Jiggidy's Saturday visit. The maintenance shed looks bigger than I'd thought it would be, which explains why it wouldn't fit on the Viper side of the main track. I'm pretty sure I've seen a discussion here about the number of trains Maxx will be running, but I can't remember what's been said. Do we know yet the max number of Maxx trains there will be? What's the max that can be in operation at the same time?
UnclePennybags

Postby coasterlove on May 5th, 2019, 2:29 pm
Regardless of what is official, I would hope it would be three trains. Obviously this is a short ride, approximately 20-25 seconds. I don't know how much time is needed between launches unrelated to loading and unloading but just the time needed for the launch system and mechanics. Hoping it wouldn't be more than a minute needed, it would be nice if they could already have a train loaded with riders ready to launch once it capable. If there is a wait required due to loading, it obviously only makes the capacity lower and wait longer. If they run somewhat similar to Top Thrill Dragster with a train pulling out with riders ready to launch once ready, it would be so much nicer.

If the trains are indeed 16 passengers and if it could launch at a consistent average of 60 seconds, it makes for a theoretical capacity of 960 passengers an hour which isn't terrible. If that interval slips to even 75 seconds, it means 48 launches and an hourly capacity of just 768, considerably worse. Any longer than 75 seconds and you're starting to approach horrible capacity close to Deja Vu levels.
coasterlove

Postby UnclePennybags on May 5th, 2019, 4:31 pm
coasterlove wrote:Regardless of what is official, I would hope it would be three trains.

Is that three trains total, or three operational at any given time? If you had a theoretical "n" number of trains that you could have in operation, but no more would be possible, would the park then have "n + 1" trains in total? What is it like for the other coasters at the park?
UnclePennybags

Postby ledgeland on May 5th, 2019, 7:05 pm
Was there today. The storage shed is framed out and has track in it. The section of coaster track that goes underneath the launch is done, you can see it really well from Viper's line. It seems like most of the supports for the rest of the track are in. Some progress was made to the entrance/queue area since two weeks ago. Hard to know how much progress has been made on electrical systems and such. I'm thinking they are going to finish the shed and the station before putting the last sections of track in.
ledgeland

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 5th, 2019, 7:18 pm
ledgeland wrote: I'm thinking they are going to finish the shed and the station before putting the last sections of track in.

I'm thinking the same thing because the some supports go through the station it looks like.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby coasterlove on May 5th, 2019, 11:36 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:Is that three trains total, or three operational at any given time? If you had a theoretical "n" number of trains that you could have in operation, but no more would be possible, would the park then have "n + 1" trains in total? What is it like for the other coasters at the park?

Three in operation, I'd hope but I think the official announcement states two but I'd have to double check. I just think it would be a shame having to wait for a train to finish loading if the coaster system would otherwise be ready to launch another train. If I had it my way, I'd want enough trains loaded and ready to launch as soon as it can as long as the previous train has come into the brakes. If it meant a double loading station and separate unloading similar to TTD and it could launch in even smaller intervals, that would be great.
coasterlove

Postby gottastrata33 on May 6th, 2019, 6:56 am
What fascinates me is how many coasters DONT have a dual loading station. Essentially it’s just a transfer track but it makes so much sense to do it in my opinion. Like Mr. Freeze or Pulsar.
gottastrata33

Postby Falcon on May 6th, 2019, 8:27 am
Some pics I took over the weekend

https://imgur.com/gallery/8ISjfIT
Falcon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 6th, 2019, 9:17 am
gottastrata33 wrote:What fascinates me is how many coasters DONT have a dual loading station. Essentially it’s just a transfer track but it makes so much sense to do it in my opinion. Like Mr. Freeze or Pulsar.

How does a dual loading station work? I've never been on a ride such as Mr. Freeze that has one.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on May 6th, 2019, 9:21 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:What fascinates me is how many coasters DONT have a dual loading station. Essentially it’s just a transfer track but it makes so much sense to do it in my opinion. Like Mr. Freeze or Pulsar.

How does a dual loading station work? I've never been on a ride such as Mr. Freeze that has one.

Freeze's station and queue is split. Each side has a train on a sliding track just like a transfer track. When ready it will move into the center and stay there until the train comes back.

The other tain will be unloading/loading and then move into the center when read as the other tain begins the unload/loading process.
Goku1910

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum