Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Orbit & the Ameri-Go-Round.

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Ilovthevu' on August 12th, 2018, 1:35 pm
I know I would want Orbit back. I was reading the facebook people, and they say it is just in storage. Storage = not taken to the junkyard. Is this true, that it is still around, and would you want the Orbit to come back again?
(Edit - Facebook person was not right, sadly)

I miss the Orbit so much. I can't believe how they yanked the Orbit out of the park, under our noses.

I also do not understand the point of keeping the Ameri-Go-Round in storage for, how many years? 10 years / 15 years. Just get rid of the thing. Sell the thing. Give to another park, etc. It's so dumb. You (the park) should just give up on it already. I've heard people at Six Flags St. Louis complaining that their horses are getting real bad. That's what I overhear from them, though never going on it. Give it to them, than. Great America is acting like hoarders with the Ameri-Go-Round. You go ask a hoarder what they will do something, and they will give a terrible excuse. Well, eventually we might just need another Merry-Go-Round. You know, in another 75 years when the other one goes bye.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 12th, 2018, 2:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JaminOut on August 12th, 2018, 1:54 pm
Yes, I wish Orbit was still around. And Orbit was scrapped. It is technically in storage, too (if we could the one cabin they kept for the Fright Fest Ride Graveyard.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on August 12th, 2018, 1:58 pm
It's not in storage, it's gone. Like Ben said, only the one car is left. The rest of the ride was scrapped in 2017

The final car that was scrapped. I believe they kept Car 13 for FF
Last edited by RollingCoasting on August 12th, 2018, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RollingCoasting

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 12th, 2018, 1:59 pm
Well, that's disappointing. I had hope in what the facebook person said.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby RollingCoasting on August 12th, 2018, 2:04 pm
If you're talking about the SFGAm Fan Base Club or whatever, there are people on that page who still think Shockwave is in Storage :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby MrsTaxi on August 12th, 2018, 2:59 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:If you're talking about the SFGAm Fan Base Club or whatever, there are people on that page who still think Shockwave is in Storage :lol:

I saw that...LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MrsTaxi

Postby JaminOut on August 12th, 2018, 3:09 pm
The people on that page can’t spell to save their life...
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby cliffhanger on August 12th, 2018, 3:18 pm
JaminOut wrote:The people on that page can’t spell to save their life...

Exactly why I left. Atrocious.
cliffhanger

Postby JackGlass on August 13th, 2018, 1:50 am
Weren't they originally supposed to reinstall Ameri-Go-Round elsewhere in the park?

Maybe it will return one day in the future just like the Hometown Park kids rides (I'm still shocked those rides came back) It's very strange that they would hold on to something like that for so long without selling it or moving it to another park. It was removed when Burke was still CEO and has remained in storage under Shapiro, Webber, Anderson and Duffey.

14 years is a long time to hold onto something. By now the vast majority of the GP don't even know what Ameri-Go-Round is, so next time they do a flat ride package they could just reinstall it and pass it off as a new ride.
JackGlass

Postby Viper 88 on August 16th, 2018, 9:09 am
Maybe they are keeping Ameri-Go-Round fornthe horses incase something happens to one from Columbia and it can't be fixed. But would that even work are they even the same size? I last rode Ameri-Go-Round 20 plus years ago!
Viper 88

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum