Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Attractions in multiple park areas

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Aptz on July 16th, 2018, 7:44 pm
Trying to come up with a list of attractions (from the past or currently around) at our park that have been in 2 or more areas. I know the park's Wikipedia site has some info but I'm wondering if some are missing. Any thoughts where I can look online for that info much appreciated.
Aptz

Postby ilrider on July 16th, 2018, 8:58 pm
Aptz wrote:Trying to come up with a list of attractions (from the past or currently around) at our park that have been in 2 or more areas. I know the park's Wikipedia site has some info but I'm wondering if some are missing. Any thoughts where I can look online for that info much appreciated.

Well, for our current rides, Whirligig and Lobster have been in multiple locations. I cannot come up with any from the past, but maybe someone else can.
ilrider

Postby RollingCoasting on July 16th, 2018, 10:11 pm
Orbit was located in Orleans Place (Now Mardi Gras) and Hometown Square
Hometown Fun Machine was in Yukon Territory before moving to Hometown Square in.... 1977 maybe?
Ricochet was in County Fair before moving to Southwest Territory in 1996

I guess technically Viper was in Hometown Square before Southwest Territory was formed in 1996 :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby RBullFan97 on July 16th, 2018, 10:42 pm
Buzzy Beez was in both Yankee Harbor and Yukon Territory.

If you want to count the Go-Karts those were in Carousel Plaza before moving to Yukon Territory in 2011.

Yukon Yahoo actually moved from Yukon Territory to Orleans Place in the 1980s before it was eventually replaced by Condor.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby ilrider on July 16th, 2018, 10:48 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Orbit was located in Orleans Place (Now Mardi Gras) and Hometown Square
Hometown Fun Machine was in Yukon Territory before moving to Hometown Square in.... 1977 maybe?
Ricochet was in County Fair before moving to Southwest Territory in 1996

I guess technically Viper was in Hometown Square before Southwest Territory was formed in 1996 :lol:

Forgot about Richochet. That ride was so much more fun with the drop around the platform in DDD’s spot back when it was called Big Top.
ilrider

Postby Aptz on July 17th, 2018, 7:35 am
Was Hilltopper always in County Fair? I think it was moved, but can't remember how many times or from where.
Aptz

Postby benneluke on July 17th, 2018, 9:56 am
I read somewhere that Viper's entrance was once in County Fair. Does that count?
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby Aptz on July 17th, 2018, 3:19 pm
in my opinion it ^ does although it would be interesting to see a park map from that period and see which area it's listed in.
Aptz

Postby UnclePennybags on July 17th, 2018, 6:54 pm
benneluke wrote:I read somewhere that Viper's entrance was once in County Fair. Does that count?

Viper's queue was in Hometown Square. That changed when Southwest Territory was established.
UnclePennybags

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 17th, 2018, 11:31 pm
Aptz wrote:Trying to come up with a list of attractions (from the past or currently around) at our park that have been in 2 or more areas. I know the park's Wikipedia site has some info but I'm wondering if some are missing. Any thoughts where I can look online for that info much appreciated.

Your best bet is prolly [url]greatamericaparks.com[/url]. Site has all you want to know about the park from its inception. Also has info on our sister park in California.

This info though is only about the time up till Marriott owned the park. Anything after Six Flags purchased it is not included here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby Nystagmus on July 20th, 2018, 4:27 pm
Aptz wrote:in my opinion it ^ does although it would be interesting to see a park map from that period and see which area it's listed in.

The information page on Viper from the official Six Flags site states that Viper was first located in Hometown Square prior to Southwest Territory's existence. Another user posted a souvenir map of SFGAm from 1995 and it shows the entrance to Viper located in Hometown Square.

I couldn't find an actual directory, but I hope that helps get you closer to what you were looking for!
Nystagmus

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum