Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JT2002 on July 21st, 2018, 2:51 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ But if Pictorium's spot is going to be used where else to put it. Wait nevermind I know where do we put it in Demon's spot.

I doubt we would ever get anything like The steel curtain in the near future. I would love for it to come to the park though

So would it themed around the Bears? The coaster could be called Monster of the Midway.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby ChicagoCoasters on July 21st, 2018, 4:43 pm
JT2002 wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ But if Pictorium's spot is going to be used where else to put it. Wait nevermind I know where do we put it in Demon's spot.

I doubt we would ever get anything like The steel curtain in the near future. I would love for it to come to the park though

So would it themed around the Bears? The coaster could be called Monster of the Midway.

I've been thinking about that forever. My dad and I have even been talking we go to Kennywood dressed in Bears gear and ride Steel Curtain. Anyways back on topic, as much as something like Steel Curtain would be cool here, I don't know if Steel Curtain is going to be reliable. Don't get me wrong it looks like a great ride but S&S hasn't been very reliable lately. Look at Merlin's Mayhem at Dutch Wonderland, it opened a year late. Also, Galeforce at Playland's Castaway Cove had to get all of its track replaced because the rails were poorly aligned. Although remember way back when S&S released all of those new coaster concepts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64ObS3d65i8 Credit To Cedar Flags

It would be pretty cool if we got one of those although I think I would prefer an RMC T-Rex or Raptor.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby UWW-10 on July 23rd, 2018, 10:56 am
Just remember that anytime there is a height variance over 125' (I believe) it has to go to the Gurnee Zoning Board for an approval. It's still a tad early for a meeting, but they only hold them at most twice a month and they have been known to cancel them if there's really nothing on their docket. By looking for the meeting agenda, you can get a pretty good idea of what the park has up their sleeves.

To my knowledge, the park has never been denied a request (amidst many unhappy neighbors that will often voice their opinions).
UWW-10

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 23rd, 2018, 11:18 am
UWW-10 wrote:Just remember that anytime there is a height variance over 125' (I believe) it has to go to the Gurnee Zoning Board for an approval. It's still a tad early for a meeting, but they only hold them at most twice a month and they have been known to cancel them if there's really nothing on their docket. By looking for the meeting agenda, you can get a pretty good idea of what the park has up their sleeves.

To my knowledge, the park has never been denied a request (amidst many unhappy neighbors that will often voice their opinions).

Zoning was changed and the park is allowed 200 feet before needing approval now unless it’s within a certain distance from residential areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby WolfRaging95 on July 23rd, 2018, 12:07 pm
To be exact, if it is 500 feet from a residential area, the park can build up to 200 feet without approval. If it is less than 500 feet from a residential area, the park can build up to 150 feet without approval. It may be125 feet instead of 150. I don't remember exactly. I do know for sure that the park can build up to 200 feet if the attraction is 500 feet away from a residential area.
WolfRaging95

Postby IssaCoaster on July 24th, 2018, 12:09 pm
WolfRaging95 wrote:To be exact, if it is 500 feet from a residential area, the park can build up to 200 feet without approval. If it is less than 500 feet from a residential area, the park can build up to 150 feet without approval. It may be125 feet instead of 150. I don't remember exactly. I do know for sure that the park can build up to 200 feet if the attraction is 500 feet away from a residential area.

I'm still stumped on what the park can possibly get (water park addition is already out of the speculation for me).
IssaCoaster

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 24th, 2018, 1:09 pm
JT2002 wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:

If the park wants huge problems, than they would theme a coaster to the Chicago Bears. You would have some serious things going on in that park with a Bears coaster. The reason is, is because PROBABLY 40% of people that go to that park are from Wisconsin - Packer territory. That is not a road you go down / theming a ride to either of those football teams.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 24th, 2018, 5:23 pm
^ I'm not saying for it to be themed to a sports team. Just so we can have that type of ride to our park would be good.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby JT2002 on July 24th, 2018, 6:19 pm
I don't know if orange and blue would look that good on a roller coaster (Goliath @ SFOG). Or green and yellow for that matter (Green Lantern SFGAd).
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 24th, 2018, 7:33 pm
^ Hmm but what about silver and blue (Afterburn @ Carowinds) for Over Texas (Cowboys).
_FuryBull_330_

Postby ChicagoCoasters on July 24th, 2018, 8:41 pm
You know Afterburn's colors are similar to the Carolina Panthers colors to right? Installing a Bears themed coaster here would be cool, but it would get tons of hate considering SFGAm isn't to far from Chicago and Green Bay/ Wisconsin.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby JaminOut on July 24th, 2018, 10:51 pm
The Bears aren’t even a good team for crying out loud. They’d do better off with the Cubs or the Blackhawks.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby ChicagoCoasters on July 25th, 2018, 10:37 am
JaminOut wrote:The Bears aren’t even a good team for crying out loud. They’d do better off with the Cubs or the Blackhawks.

Blackhawks would be fine but Cubs not so much. Especially when there are 2 baseball teams in Chicago and the Milwaukee Brewers aren't too far either. A big chain park isn't going to have a professional sports team sponsor or theme a coaster or ride.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby Muck Finnesota on July 25th, 2018, 11:29 am
While I'm surprised it took as long as it did for a park to do what Kennywood is doing, I just can't see Six Flags corporate (at least in it's current iteration) ever going ahead with a sports franchise theme. I don't think we'll see a sudden surge in other parks/chains jumping on this bandwagon just because Kennywood did it, either. Kennywood/Steel Curtain just kind of feels like it was the perfect scenario for this sort of thing.

Six Flags will just stick to their DC properties, recycled names (Goliath, etc.) and bizarre, nonsensical names (Crazanity). That said, what are the last great, original names out of Six Flags anyway? El Toro, Kingda Ka and Tatsu in 2005/2006? Full Throttle, while not great by any means, is at least original- although it just sounds like an energy drink, which is the general vibe I get when stepping into a Six Flags park nowadays, anyway. American Thunder? It feels like it's been a while.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 25th, 2018, 1:00 pm
Muck Finnesota wrote: That said, what are the last great, original names out of Six Flags anyway?

Mardi Gras Hangover lol
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Muck Finnesota on July 25th, 2018, 1:48 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
Muck Finnesota wrote: That said, what are the last great, original names out of Six Flags anyway?

Mardi Gras Hangover lol

Eh, probably not.
Muck Finnesota

Postby IssaCoaster on July 25th, 2018, 11:19 pm
I have a gut feeling that The Eagle is going to be RMC'd in the near future. I rode it recently.... and it hasn't been aging well. If RMC had their way with the Eagle it would probably be one of the best rollercoasters in the world. I'm not too sure how credible the sources that say RMC has been checking it out, but I doubt Six flags is gonna be doing the upkeep that they should on the ride.
IssaCoaster

Postby JaminOut on July 25th, 2018, 11:27 pm
^ They very recently (this season) retracted portions of the blue side. They are definitely still putting in the TLC American Eagle needs. Viper gets the same treatment, too.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby jmanporty7 on July 26th, 2018, 9:52 am
JaminOut wrote:^ They very recently (this season) retracted portions of the blue side. They are definitely still putting in the TLC American Eagle needs. Viper gets the same treatment, too.

Blue side has gotten smoother the last few times I rode it, I was wondering if they retracked it. Hope they do the same with the red side for next year.
jmanporty7

Postby Muck Finnesota on July 26th, 2018, 10:53 am
I rode the Red side this past Sunday (Blue was closed) and thought it was just fine. Certainly have had worse rides on it in the past.
Muck Finnesota

Postby RBullFan97 on July 26th, 2018, 12:34 pm
Yeah, Eagle has been running just fine as of late. The ride just needs some TLC (hopefully maintenance can fix the issues with the helix) and it'll be all good.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby WolfRaging95 on July 26th, 2018, 1:08 pm
I was there yesterday and took a ride on Sky Trek Tower. It appears some new survey markers have been added. Some go back by Raging Bull's turnaround and go on the other side of the train tracks and some go back into the trees by Whizzer.
WolfRaging95

Postby JaminOut on July 26th, 2018, 2:08 pm
Can you get us some pics from the ground?
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Goku1910 on July 26th, 2018, 2:16 pm
JaminOut wrote:Can you get us some pics from the ground?
I've seen a few pictures. Some are near the service road railroad crossing and others are on the road along Whizzer's low to the ground turn. Possible that the railroad is being rerouted closer to Whizzer but then again the turn from that area to the hometown Station would be awkward since the railroad currently sits at the top of a hill.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby WolfRaging95 on July 26th, 2018, 2:57 pm
JaminOut wrote:Can you get us some pics from the ground?

I couldn't get any good ones from the ground. As for taking some on Sky Trek, I coudln't get any good pictures. I wish I could have.
WolfRaging95

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum