Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby LordMagnus101 on August 9th, 2018, 8:32 pm
It's a launched super loop with the world's fastest inversion.
LordMagnus101

Postby anewman35 on August 9th, 2018, 9:10 pm
We've now had two teasers (out of probably four) be totally about the Water Park (and the place they've already acknowledged is right next to the Water Park). So it feels like either:

1. They're totally trolling people and are building a coaster
2. They're expanding the Water Park.

I'm not going to say 1 is impossible, they do weird things sometimes, but I don't really see the point of getting Water Park fans (who do exist) excited just to not give them anything (and, considering the space issues, not giving them anything any time soon).

The teasers imply speed and stuff, right? Look how they described Thunder Rapids at Fiesta Texas: "New Water Jet Propulsion - guests will experience lightning-fast uphill speeds and adrenaline pumping drops"

We'll see, they've surprised me before, but sometimes the obvious answer is the right one.
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 9th, 2018, 10:48 pm
While Do-Dodonpa is my number one ride to ride on the world & Id prob have an aneurism over us getting one, I HIGHLY doubt that’s what’s coming here anytime soon & ever.

I’m goin to agree & say sometimes the obv choice is the right one. No point in getting the water park fans & families excited with two water park related teasers for a ride that has nothing to do with water slide. I think everyone is looking way too into this. My bet is a water coaster & possible expansion whether that includes another tower, pool, or cabanas etc or not idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 9th, 2018, 10:55 pm
LordMagnus101 wrote:It's a launched super loop with the world's fastest inversion.

lol
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 9th, 2018, 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby WolfRaging95 on August 9th, 2018, 11:02 pm
This is interesting. I am not sure how legit this is. https://www.facebook.com/skyhigherector ... 1026596685
WolfRaging95

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 9th, 2018, 11:07 pm
To me, it doesn't really mean much (no offense) because they took down King Chaos.

https://www.skyhigherectorsllc.com/full ... e-jgxz89wm

They put King Chaos together also:

They build and take down everything, it seems.

I see a picture of Justice League even, but yet they say X-Flight. How could they mess up a picture that bad? I think it's the wrong words rather than the wrong picture.

They helped build X-Flight also:

From their facebook page, you sort of think that Six Flags Great Adventure is using them this year..., and they are rumored to NOT get a roller coaster - maybe a pendulumn ride?

I will give you this though, I do NOT see 1 water ride project they have done on their website. ??????
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 9th, 2018, 11:34 pm, edited 12 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby RBullFan97 on August 9th, 2018, 11:09 pm
WolfRaging95 wrote:This is interesting. I am not sure how legit this is. https://www.facebook.com/skyhigherector ... 1026596685

Nice find. Doesn't guarantee a coaster of course. They were pretty proud of building the Mardi Gras Hangover on that page after all. But whatever is going there is going to be something pretty substantial in size.

I still think a lot of people right now are in denial of the fact that this will most likely be a water park addition. I would still love to see them surprise us with a roller coaster, but a water coaster wouldn't be a bad addition. It would actually make me go to the water park more often, which is currently about once a year.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby WolfRaging95 on August 9th, 2018, 11:15 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:
WolfRaging95 wrote:This is interesting. I am not sure how legit this is. https://www.facebook.com/skyhigherector ... 1026596685

Nice find. Doesn't guarantee a coaster of course. They were pretty proud of building the Mardi Gras Hangover on that page after all. But whatever is going there is going to be something pretty substantial in size.

I still think a lot of people right now are in denial of the fact that this will most likely be a water park addition. I would still love to see them surprise us with a roller coaster, but a water coaster wouldn't be a bad addition. It would actually make me go to the water park more often, which is currently about once a year.

Thanks. I had a friend who did some research and they are a construction company that works for S&S so we shall see.
WolfRaging95

Postby anewman35 on August 9th, 2018, 11:22 pm
WolfRaging95 wrote:
RBullFan97 wrote:

Thanks. I had a friend who did some research and they are a construction company that works for S&S so we shall see.

If you look at their page, they seem to be a construction company who work for lots of people. So doesn't really confirm that much, except that it's some sort of ride...

I wonder if this gets taken down at some point, it doesn't seem like Six Flags would be pleased at anybody giving anything away (even something obvious like "it's going to be some sort of coaster or coaster-like ride in that spot"). But we shall see...
anewman35

Postby UnclePennybags on August 9th, 2018, 11:50 pm
Waterpark expansion? I'd be disappointed, and this from someone who has used the waterpark 5 out of 9 visits this summer. I just don't see water rides as the best return on investment for the Pictorium plat. Hell, I'd rather see a flat ride over an expansion. With the extension of the Great America season into December, the more attractions available in the dry park the better.
Last edited by UnclePennybags on August 10th, 2018, 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby IssaCoaster on August 10th, 2018, 12:50 am
So... Hank Salemi said in a meeting earlier this year that SFGam will install a water park attraction, just not for next year. He said it will be for the future. Also known as he doesn't know when. But about this attraction, the 2 seconds thing and Dodonpa seem to align way too perfectly. And remember how in the Goliath teasers how they had the numbers for the ride thrown around all over the place? So I'm thinking 1000m, and less than 2 seconds to accelerate. I don't see this coaster breaking the skyline yet... even though the guy running toward the slide does signal it can go up quite aways. I have no question that this is a launch rollercoaster at this point. I just don't know by who. I'm setting myself up for dissapointment :lol:
IssaCoaster

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 10th, 2018, 1:08 am
Okay, first off, some people are looking way too far into this and coming up with some wacky stuff. And I say, you guys keep doing that man! Rumor season is the best part of the amusement park season, let people get excited!

Personally, I think a water park addition is likely. HH has not had an addition for years, and every year I have been saying "This rumor is interesting, but they have not added to HH in x years... it might be HH's turn..." and its at what now? 8 years? that is insane. It could be time. BUT.... whats the fun in talking about the water park? I'm here for the coasters!! Launch coaster for the win!

Here are my thoughts on the second teaser.

First thing I want to say, does anyone notice the quality of these videos? The audio when the lady talks is awful! I hope that is a racing theme audio when she talks, because it sure sounds like a truck zooming down I-94. That is six flags for you lol... To me the entire campaign so far has been very unproffessionally professional. The girls are awkward, the first video was especially awkward spraying sunblock on a guy for what was it like 5-10 seconds? The thing that irritates me most though is that the stopwatch says two seconds, but the man is in the frame for at least four, and hes not even in the frame for the whole slide? "You can do better", on what? your reflexes for start/stoping a stopwatch? I want David back!

Heres what I thought of with the second video though. 2 seconds. "You can do better". With a racing theme, faster is better. So, less time means "better". And the only thing I could think of is that S&S 1.8 second launch. Now first off, Dodonpa is way too much for our park, which would be awesome... but something over 100 mph is something I think SFGAm might never do. But other S&S launches could be on the table. The space would fit it... But I can not think of anything faster in the industry time wise. But here is some other food of thought. What if it is not two seconds, but it is the number itself, 2? If it were the number two though, when she says "You can do better", that would imply the value would now increase. But that might be a possibility. What if, for example do not take this seriously, but what if the number 2 stood for world records like Goliath. When she says "You can do better", what if it meant 3+ world records? This could work for a number of things. More than 2 inversions? More than 2 slides? More than 2 records? More than 2 launches? Lots of possibility. The only thing I can think of less than 2 seconds in the industry is 1.8. I am sure they do not mean 1 in this case for anything. 1 slide? That is not "better". Also remember though, the two glaring numbers in the series has been 1000 and 2. 1000x2=2000? 1000 feet long and two somethings? If a number is presented in the next teaser, I am sure they all relate together.
Last edited by Dan The Coaster Man on August 10th, 2018, 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby JT2002 on August 10th, 2018, 8:49 am
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:
Heres what I thought of with the second video though. 2 seconds. "You can do better". With a racing theme, faster is better. So, less time means "better". And the only thing I could think of is that S&S 1.8 second launch. Now first off, Dodonpa is way too much for our park, which would be awesome... but something over 100 mph is something I think SFGAm might never do. But other S&S launches could be on the table. The space would fit it... But I can not think of anything faster in the industry time wise. But here is some other food of thought. What if it is not two seconds, but it is the number itself, 2? If it were the number two though, when she says "You can do better", that would imply the value would now increase. But that might be a possibility. What if, for example do not take this seriously, but what if the number 2 stood for world records like Goliath. When she says "You can do better", what if it meant 3+ world records? This could work for a number of things. More than 2 inversions? More than 2 slides? More than 2 records? More than 2 launches? Lots of possibility. The only thing I can think of less than 2 seconds in the industry is 1.8. I am sure they do not mean 1 in this case for anything. 1 slide? That is not "better". Also remember though, the two glaring numbers in the series has been 1000 and 2. 1000x2=2000? 1000 feet long and two somethings? If a number is presented in the next teaser, I am sure they all relate together.

That's a really good point! If it was a launch coaster, why didn't they just put 1.8 rather than 2? I still think it's hard to connect this number clue to a hurricane harbor expansion/water coaster, and it's probably going to be a rather large addition because these videos seem to be coming out at a weekly pace.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 10th, 2018, 9:33 am
I'm sorry I just have to do this. Everyone in the second teaser is looking for clues and asking questions but the real question is how the women didn't get wet :lol: . Ok you can get back to the serious talk.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 10th, 2018, 9:58 am
So the caption to the photo is now changed. Wonder if the park asked them to change it?

Hmmm....

B&MGuy35

Postby Jackluver18 on August 10th, 2018, 10:54 am
If it was a water park expansion, wouldn't they start putting piping in now before winter? I honestly don't think it's a water park expansion if they haven't even begun to put piping in. I could be wrong but that's what I think so far.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 10th, 2018, 10:57 am
Jackluver18 wrote:If it was a water park expansion, wouldn't they start putting piping in now before winter? I honestly don't think it's a water park expansion if they haven't even begun to put piping in. I could be wrong but that's what I think so far.

Not necessarily. As long as work is done before the ground freezes solid they’re fine. Which usually isn’t until December around here.

B&MGuy35

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 10th, 2018, 11:03 am
I was ready to wave the white flag on a water park expansion after both teasers, so far. Both times, the discussion on this site has given me hope that it won't be. Whew.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby JT2002 on August 10th, 2018, 11:42 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:So the caption to the photo is now changed. Wonder if the park asked them to change it?

Hmmm....

Wait, I just saw it, what was the caption before?
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby bearcub12 on August 10th, 2018, 11:49 am
JT2002 wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:So the caption to the photo is now changed. Wonder if the park asked them to change it?

Hmmm....

Wait, I just saw it, what was the caption before?

It was something along the lines of "Excited for a new install" and it's now "...Big Thrills!"
bearcub12

Postby JackGlass on August 10th, 2018, 11:52 am
I wasn't familiar with do-dodonpa until yesterday.... but my God. After watching the povs, something like that would be a solid addition to Great America!

Goliath and Raging Bull are my current favorites, I like them both equally. But something like that would probably take their place as my favorite! lol
JackGlass

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 10th, 2018, 11:56 am
Here’s original caption

B&MGuy35

Postby RaceBoarder on August 10th, 2018, 12:12 pm
Three launches is better than two...

Just sayin'....
RaceBoarder

Postby ilrider on August 10th, 2018, 12:16 pm
Nice find on the construction company FB page! Pretty much confirms a steel coaster of some kind, which I had suspected, since that is what they build. They built X-Flight, Justice League, and Mardi Gras Hangover, at the least (see their web site below), so it seems they have a good working relationship with the park.

Just to rule out a water coaster, ProSlide designs AND builds their own rides, don't they? No third party construction on the coaster itself?

I think this is going to be a great addition to the park. I am getting excited!

https://www.skyhigherectorsllc.com/
ilrider

Postby Goku1910 on August 10th, 2018, 12:50 pm
They don't do just coasters. This was already explained so it can essentially be anything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum