Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on August 16th, 2018, 9:23 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:^Maybe, this will happen. At Six Flags America, "An all new experience. Some (the 1 person in the billion world) say the best ride they've ever been on. Yes, coming in 2019, your dreams will be fulfilled. Ride the BRAND spanking new (cough from another park) Buccaneer Battle. You will be AMAZED, and THRILLED." lol lol

:lol: I will be so happy when that piece of shit ride is removed, lol. What kind of retard removes one of the most popular roller coasters in a thrill park (The year all the bugs were finally worked out of it) and replaces it with a kids pirate ride that no one wants? lol. 2006-2010 was an era of no common sense for Six Flags and I'm glad it's over.
JackGlass

Postby Viper 88 on August 16th, 2018, 9:30 am
What about removing an engineering marvel and only 1 of 2 triple wheels in the world? Not only was it a crowd eater, but it was a long ride something to get off your feet for a good 10 minutes. It was literally something for the entire family. And now we have been without a Ferris Wheel for 17 years. Our park is fast loosing its charm!
Viper 88

Postby JackGlass on August 16th, 2018, 9:33 am
Viper 88 wrote:What about removing an engineering marvel and only 1 of 2 triple wheels in the world? Not only was it a crowd eater, but it was a long ride something to get off your feet for a good 10 minutes. It was literally something for the entire family. And now we have been without a Ferris Wheel for 17 years. Our park is fast loosing its charm!

Agreed! That was stupid too! They could have easily put Deja Vu somewhere else in the park and kept Sky Whirl. When they removed sky Whirl they were spending damn near $250 Million a year capex yet said the part for Sky Whirl was "Too expensive" to fix, lol

At the time I thought it would be cool to put Deja Vu where Eagles tent is and relocate the entrance for Eagle. They ended up relocating Eagles line eventually but wasted all that realestate on a kids area.

I might not like everything about the current strategy, but Jim Reid Anderson is hands down the best we've had since Time Warner era management. Far better than Burke and Shapiro in my opinion
JackGlass

Postby IssaCoaster on August 16th, 2018, 10:06 am
Bobthebuilder645 wrote:https://youtu.be/jbAb6eJHccc

That ride might be what we're looking at. It even directly says it has a 2.0 second launch.

I posted this rollercoaster earlier and so did others. I'm glad to see that we are all on the same page. At least I'm not going crazy.
IssaCoaster

Postby jmanporty7 on August 16th, 2018, 10:44 am
Some of those S&S launchers in China has some wonky banking and transitions, especially Extreme Rusher. I certainly hope the design would be more polished if we're getting one.
jmanporty7

Postby IssaCoaster on August 16th, 2018, 10:58 am
jmanporty7 wrote:Some of those S&S launchers in China has some wonky banking and transitions, especially Extreme Rusher. I certainly hope the design would be more polished if we're getting one.

Maybe it's a new design. Because those coasters have been out for a while and I would hope they would have been perfected by now. I'm going to wait for the next teaser later today though to see if I'm sticking with my launch coaster theory.
IssaCoaster

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 16th, 2018, 11:12 am
So at this point it really seems like we are getting same thing as Magic Mountain. Since the whole Mack thing has been disputed for them are we still assuming their installation will be a $20 million dollar one? I honestly think we are all gonna be shocked with what we get. Only because our park has seen so much in the last several years. It’s basically like we didn’t get affected by the bankruptcy or new strategy at all really. Let’s see what today’s teaser does to confuse us all even more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby anewman35 on August 16th, 2018, 12:05 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:So at this point it really seems like we are getting same thing as Magic Mountain. Since the whole Mack thing has been disputed for them are we still assuming their installation will be a $20 million dollar one? I honestly think we are all gonna be shocked with what we get. Only because our park has seen so much in the last several years. It’s basically like we didn’t get affected by the bankruptcy or new strategy at all really. Let’s see what today’s teaser does to confuse us all even more!

Somebody on one of the Magic Mountain boards say that we're getting an S&S and they're not, but no way to know if that's true.

I'm surprised we'd be getting any coaster at all, water park still makes more sense, but I am pursuaded that a roller coaster at least seems possible. But I still think that any sort massive expensive world class thing would just be dreaming. We'll know all in just two weeks...
anewman35

Postby IssaCoaster on August 16th, 2018, 1:50 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:So at this point it really seems like we are getting same thing as Magic Mountain. Since the whole Mack thing has been disputed for them are we still assuming their installation will be a $20 million dollar one? I honestly think we are all gonna be shocked with what we get. Only because our park has seen so much in the last several years. It’s basically like we didn’t get affected by the bankruptcy or new strategy at all really. Let’s see what today’s teaser does to confuse us all even more!

Where did this 20 millions dollar rumour come frome? It seemed to have came up from out of nowhere. Can someone fill me in?
IssaCoaster

Postby JackGlass on August 16th, 2018, 1:53 pm
It was from that Mack factory video. The $20 Million number is for Carowinds new Mack coaster
JackGlass

Postby Jodon on August 16th, 2018, 2:18 pm
I know that this is extremely unlikely, but I wouldn't hate if SFGAm pulled a Kings Island and re-installed the Great America Speedway in the Pictorium spot.
Jodon

Postby gottastrata33 on August 16th, 2018, 2:30 pm
Has anyone else noticed the teasers are posted at exactly 3pm? My friend just pointed this out & im like coincidence or meaningful?!
gottastrata33

Postby Goku1910 on August 16th, 2018, 2:35 pm
Meaningless. Probably just scheduled on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JackGlass on August 16th, 2018, 2:41 pm
Jodon wrote:I know that this is extremely unlikely, but I wouldn't hate if SFGAm pulled a Kings Island and re-installed the Great America Speedway in the Pictorium spot.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rathe have a new roller coaster, but those cars were awesome! I wish there would have been enough room to build new ones around and under X-Flight.
Last edited by JackGlass on August 16th, 2018, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 16th, 2018, 2:45 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Meaningless. Probably just scheduled on YouTube.

Everyone has my head spinning. Lol
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 16th, 2018, 3:02 pm
3pm

https://youtu.be/Cfz3ylmBIt0

B&MGuy35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 16th, 2018, 3:03 pm
Slow motion, red, 175yds ahead would be Buccaneer battle no? Wtf is happening?! Lol
gottastrata33

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 16th, 2018, 3:04 pm
"Max"
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Goku1910 on August 16th, 2018, 3:06 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Slow motion, red, 175yds ahead would be Buccaneer battle no? Wtf is happening?! Lol
175yd is 525ft so no way that's Buccaneer Battle.

"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 16th, 2018, 3:07 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Slow motion, red, 175yds ahead would be Buccaneer battle no? Wtf is happening?! Lol

Or with the train closing early this year and then standing on the tracks does it have to do with the train? It’s pointing down the tracks. I’m so confused.

B&MGuy35

Postby RBullFan97 on August 16th, 2018, 3:08 pm
Okay, so I measured what 175 yards from that spot on Google Maps would be, and Buccaneer Battle falls a little short. 175 yards is either the X-Flight entrance (doubtful) or the old Sky Trail spot (could be something). It's probably just a meaningless number, but at this point who knows.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby JackGlass on August 16th, 2018, 3:09 pm
Muck Finnesota wrote:"Max"

Yup! :-) You can see she's trying not to laugh when she says that too, lol
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 16th, 2018, 3:20 pm
Maxx Force?

There are markers all the way into whizzers area. So sky trail wouldn’t be far behind. Will this thing cross over whizzer to that area & be that big? I’m so lost. Lol I hate this I’m leaving goodbye lol
gottastrata33

Postby iflyfpv on August 16th, 2018, 3:22 pm
Here is what 525 ft looks like from that spot going both ways at the split.

iflyfpv

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 16th, 2018, 3:22 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Maxx Force?

There are markers all the way into whizzers area. So sky trail wouldn’t be far behind. Will this thing cross over whizzer to that area & be that big? I’m so lost. Lol I hate this I’m leaving goodbye lol

I agree with you 100%! This is mind boggling. I mean is it even possible or more likely the park is pulling out chain because we all know they read this forum.

B&MGuy35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum