Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby IssaCoaster on August 19th, 2018, 10:44 am
The employees know that there is some sort of coaster coming next year. They just don't know what kind. I asked a couple of them. Theywere aware that it would be a dry park addition as well.
IssaCoaster

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on August 19th, 2018, 11:24 am
IssaCoaster wrote:The employees know that there is some sort of coaster coming next year. They just don't know what kind. I asked a couple of them. Theywere aware that it would be a dry park addition as well.

Employees don't know anything. Their guess is as good as ours.
Last edited by Bobthebuilder645 on August 19th, 2018, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobthebuilder645

Postby staticshadows on August 19th, 2018, 11:51 am
https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/attractions/newfor2019-prep

It looks like 19 parks are getting something for 2019, including HH Concord, White Water Atlanta, HH Oaxtepec, Frontier City, and Darien Lake. I haven't found anything for 6 of the standalone water parks.
staticshadows

Postby IssaCoaster on August 19th, 2018, 1:01 pm
Bobthebuilder645 wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:The employees know that there is some sort of coaster coming next year. They just don't know what kind. I asked a couple of them. Theywere aware that it would be a dry park addition as well.

I'm an employee and I don't know anything. They don't tell their employees so don't rely on what they say. Their guess is as good as ours.

I'm an employee. I can tell you exactly ehat I know too. I work Demon a BBattle
IssaCoaster

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 19th, 2018, 1:36 pm
staticshadows wrote:https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/attractions/newfor2019-prep

It looks like 19 parks are getting something for 2019, including HH Concord, White Water Atlanta, HH Oaxtepec, Frontier City, and Darien Lake. I haven't found anything for 6 of the standalone water parks.

Interesting... What did the page say? I'm getting access denied.
AirTimeDaz

Postby JackGlass on August 19th, 2018, 2:18 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
Bobthebuilder645 wrote:

I'm an employee and I don't know anything. They don't tell their employees so don't rely on what they say. Their guess is as good as ours.

I'm really starting to think that Magic Mountain might get a steeplechase themed to Motorcycles (West coast racers) and we will end up getting a decent sized S&S launched coaster (Maxx Force) Even with this dumb strategy of giving every park something new every year, Great America always seems to come out on top, over both Magic Mountain and Great Adventure. Which is completely logical, since we are the closest to Cedar Point, and we need large attractions to dissuade people in Wisconsin and Indiana and our own State from going to Cedar Point. Especially since Cedar Point has been heavily targeting the Chicagoland area with advertisements lately.

I could only imagine what Great America could do if this current strategy were changed. I dream of a $40 Million RMC American Eagle conversion that would crush Steel vengance.... but sadly those are just dreams with the current Six Flags strategy.
JackGlass

Postby Goku1910 on August 19th, 2018, 2:24 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
Bobthebuilder645 wrote:

Careful, the park management is watching. They do monitor these forums for talkative employees.
Goku1910

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on August 19th, 2018, 2:55 pm
I know. Like I said, employees really don't know anything, it's all just rumors that spread similar to how we discuss on this forum.
Last edited by Bobthebuilder645 on August 19th, 2018, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobthebuilder645

Postby JackGlass on August 19th, 2018, 3:41 pm
[/quote]

Careful, the park management is watching. They do monitor these forums for talkative employees.[/quote]

Really? :-) Hey management PLEASE get rid of that shitty pop music! It really sucks! Sincerely, Jack Glass! lol
JackGlass

Postby batmanfan80 on August 19th, 2018, 5:15 pm
Seems like the post-Joker trend is for the park to draw a bunch of people in May and June to see the new whatever and for the crowds to gradually shrink to a manageable level in July and August. No idea what Fright Fest has been like as I don't think ride times were coming up as anything reasonable the last 3 years. The hangover being basically the same as what almost all the local festivals have and still being a big draw at first is probably a sign of things to come. They need something Goliath-tier to get the hordes to come back. That means something like a Top Thrill Dragster or MF. Still plenty of people who haven't gone to Cedar Point. I'd prefer a 7+ inversion B&M sitdown or that crazy new Vekoma design, but I don't think we're getting anything resembling a big coaster ever again unless they remove one of the bigger coasters. As for replacing Demon, I wouldn't mind a new Demon done by B&M that was a sitdown and had at least 5 or 6 inversions.
batmanfan80

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on August 19th, 2018, 5:25 pm
batmanfan80 wrote:Seems like the post-Joker trend is for the park to draw a bunch of people in May and June to see the new whatever and for the crowds to gradually shrink to a manageable level in July and August. No idea what Fright Fest has been like as I don't think ride times were coming up as anything reasonable the last 3 years. The hangover being basically the same as what almost all the local festivals have and still being a big draw at first is probably a sign of things to come. They need something Goliath-tier to get the hordes to come back. That means something like a Top Thrill Dragster or MF. Still plenty of people who haven't gone to Cedar Point. I'd prefer a 7+ inversion B&M sitdown or that crazy new Vekoma design, but I don't think we're getting anything resembling a big coaster ever again unless they remove one of the bigger coasters. As for replacing Demon, I wouldn't mind a new Demon done by B&M that was a sitdown and had at least 5 or 6 inversions.

It always dies down in August due to Illinois kids going back to school. Not really because people don't want to, it's more that they can't.
Bobthebuilder645

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 19th, 2018, 7:09 pm
I'm very confused as to what the detour thing meant in the latest teaser. I can't imagine it having a big significance though because whatever is being built in Pictorium's spot seems like it'll stay in that area.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 19th, 2018, 7:20 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I'm very confused as to what the detour thing meant in the latest teaser. I can't imagine it having a big significance though because whatever is being built in Pictorium's spot seems like it'll stay in that area.

I disagree. If you notice in the video they purposely show him running towards the bridge where train crosses then says detour and him changing direction and running other way. It has to mean something or they wouldn’t have put it in video.

Does anyone else agree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 19th, 2018, 7:25 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I'm very confused as to what the detour thing meant in the latest teaser. I can't imagine it having a big significance though because whatever is being built in Pictorium's spot seems like it'll stay in that area.

I disagree. If you notice in the video they purposely show him running towards the bridge where train crosses then says detour and him changing direction and running other way. It has to mean something or they wouldn’t have put it in video.

Does anyone else agree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me. I def Agree. What worries me though about that is if you look at the markers & how that strip of land/railroad do connect to pictoriums plot, does that mean it’ll cross over that & hwyll fill that in where the games are? I think That’s bonkers but ever since you guys measured out 175yds being the sky trail plot, the tunnel is right there where he was told to take the detour. Idk anymore.
gottastrata33

Postby gottastrata33 on August 19th, 2018, 7:25 pm
This site is havin a lot of issues, it took me three times to post the comment above but then posted all three. Sorry double post
Last edited by gottastrata33 on August 19th, 2018, 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gottastrata33

Postby IssaCoaster on August 19th, 2018, 7:35 pm

I'm an employee and I don't know anything. They don't tell their employees so don't rely on what they say. Their guess is as good as ours.[/quote]
I'm an employee. I can tell you exactly ehat I know too. I work Demon a BBattle[/quote]

Careful, the park management is watching. They do monitor these forums for talkative employees.[/quote]
I've been terminated today. So I can be free to say what I know until I go back to work next year
IssaCoaster

Postby JackGlass on August 20th, 2018, 6:41 am
Do you think they will retheme Camp Cartoon for 2019 to something else? Or do you think that will be put off until later?
JackGlass

Postby JT2002 on August 20th, 2018, 6:43 am
I can't wait until they make the announcement on august 30th so we can go back over the clues and see which each one really meant.

I think they will wait on camp cartoon for a little while since they just added Hometown park a few years ago, but it's probably on a list of things to fix up.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby JackGlass on August 20th, 2018, 7:18 am
JT2002 wrote:I can't wait until they make the announcement on august 30th so we can go back over the clues and see which each one really meant.

I think they will wait on camp cartoon for a little while since they just added Hometown park a few years ago, but it's probably on a list of things to fix up.

Just 10 more days man! I can't wait either! I agree with Camp Cartoon. I'm thinking 2020 because if we do get a large coaster this year, 2020 will almost certainly be an off year for us and that would be a perfect time to retheme and fix up Camp Cartoon! Maybe toss in a Skywarp too just for the hell of it, lol
JackGlass

Postby IssaCoaster on August 20th, 2018, 8:06 am
JackGlass wrote:
JT2002 wrote:I can't wait until they make the announcement on august 30th so we can go back over the clues and see which each one really meant.

Just 10 more days man! I can't wait either! I agree with Camp Cartoon. I'm thinking 2020 because if we do get a large coaster this year, 2020 will almost certainly be an off year for us and that would be a perfect time to retheme and fix up Camp Cartoon! Maybe toss in a Skywarp too just for the hell of it, lol

I feel that Camp Cartoon will definetly be for 2020. But don't jinx us with a sky warp. I want another good flat ride. I wish we could get a giant discovery or frisbee, but we have the revolution. And most of the time they don't give the full ride until fright fest. But I forsee some attractions coming down soon. *cough* Demon *cough*. B Battle... your time is up too my friend. Make way for the new guys.
IssaCoaster

Postby Goku1910 on August 20th, 2018, 8:39 am
Bobthebuilder645 wrote:I know. Like I said, employees really don't know anything, it's all just rumors that spread similar to how we discuss on this forum.

They're not exactly looking for information leaks per se, more like talking about a guest who gave you a hard time, how bad your day was, or giving inside information on how operations handles certain situations. (as if we don't already know)
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Goku1910 on August 20th, 2018, 8:46 am
As for the detour thing I think there's either some truth to this or the marketing team is screwing with us. I was at the park on Saturday and the lights that are adjacent to the railroad bridge between the games buildings have their electrical lines marked with red flags.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby tribar on August 20th, 2018, 12:05 pm
JackGlass wrote:

Really? :-) Hey management PLEASE get rid of that shitty pop music! It really sucks! Sincerely, Jack Glass! lol[/quote]

Lol. They don't read this forum for suggestions. They read them to make sure their employees are t saying anything to make them look bad and to laugh at some of the things people come up with in the speculation threads.

batmanfan80 wrote:Seems like the post-Joker trend is for the park to draw a bunch of people in May and June to see the new whatever and for the crowds to gradually shrink to a manageable level in July and August. No idea what Fright Fest has been like as I don't think ride times were coming up as anything reasonable the last 3 years. The hangover being basically the same as what almost all the local festivals have and still being a big draw at first is probably a sign of things to come. They need something Goliath-tier to get the hordes to come back. That means something like a Top Thrill Dragster or MF. Still plenty of people who haven't gone to Cedar Point. I'd prefer a 7+ inversion B&M sitdown or that crazy new Vekoma design, but I don't think we're getting anything resembling a big coaster ever again unless they remove one of the bigger coasters. As for replacing Demon, I wouldn't mind a new Demon done by B&M that was a sitdown and had at least 5 or 6 inversions.

FAA prohibits them from building anything higher than 330 ft due to the proximity of Waukegan airport and even if they allowed it the park doesn't NEED an attraction like that.
tribar

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 20th, 2018, 1:10 pm
Goku1910 wrote:As for the detour thing I think there's either some truth to this or the marketing team is screwing with us. I was at the park on Saturday and the lights that are adjacent to the railroad bridge between the games buildings have their electrical lines marked with red flags.

Yeah, I did see those lights too, but what kind of doesn't prove anything is that I remember seeing a light (the same type of light) right in back of the carousel towards the train station (where all those old picture signs are.) A coaster isn't going in that area. I'm all for more spotlights on coasters, but they should do something other than boring white lights (like green for Whizzer / blue for Superman, etc). To me, Joker is the best looking NIGHT roller coaster the park has because they added the multi-colored lights. Still a disappointing ride though, in my opinion.

The best looking ride (overall though) at NIGHT in my opinion is Triple Play. 2nd is Whirligig. Others might disagree but Southwest Territory is a very, very BORING night LIGHTED area, in my opinion. It's either very dark, or just white lights. Ricochet has the most different colored lights, but even with that, the lights are just on the cars, and not on the whole ride like they had 30 years ago.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby IssaCoaster on August 20th, 2018, 1:43 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:As for the detour thing I think there's either some truth to this or the marketing team is screwing with us. I was at the park on Saturday and the lights that are adjacent to the railroad bridge between the games buildings have their electrical lines marked with red flags.

Yeah, I did see those lights too, but what kind of doesn't prove anything is that I remember seeing a light (the same type of light) right in back of the carousel towards the train station (where all those old picture signs are.) A coaster isn't going in that area. I'm all for more spotlights on coasters, but they should do something other than boring white lights (like green for Whizzer / blue for Superman, etc). To me, Joker is the best looking NIGHT roller coaster the park has because they added the multi-colored lights. Still a disappointing ride though, in my opinion.

The best looking ride (overall though) at NIGHT in my opinion is Triple Play. 2nd is Whirligig. Others might disagree but Southwest Territory is a very, very BORING night LIGHTED area, in my opinion. It's either very dark, or just white lights. Ricochet has the most different colored lights, but even with that, the lights are just on the cars, and not on the whole ride like they had 30 years ago.

Mardi Gra Hangover has a great light package. I hope they keep putting those kind of lights on the older rides. It makes me really happy for some reason. Would it be a reach for them to do a light package on V2?
IssaCoaster

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum