Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ilrider on August 15th, 2018, 9:07 am
^The two names that kept coming up that stood out were Maxx Force and West Coast Racers. I think our ride will be named Maxx Force, and WCR will go to SFMM.

The survey, which I got months ago, is what made me think launch coaster right away, even though they are also teasing the water park. That’s assuming the survey was focusing on 2019. I think it is.
ilrider

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 15th, 2018, 9:46 am
staticshadows wrote:https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/store/flash-sale-announcement

In my opinion, IF you had a season pass for 2018, their is NO point in buying a membership until the month the park opens in 2019 - whatever that month is. Your season pass is good until December 2018. So, you MIGHT pay (let's say - an additional $7.15) for 7 months you don't need to no matter what the sale is? With the "sale", you would pay Sept / Oct / Nov / Dec / Jan / Feb / March. $7.15 x 7 = an extra $50 for no reason if you change from season pass to membership. The only reason I see a change of when you buy it, is IF you are going to an open park in Jan / Feb, etc. Though, if the membership price never really changes drastically, I would wait till Jan (if you were going to Magic Mountain for instance).

For the 7 months, their is absolutely no way they are going to give you $50 off through their flash sale with the membership thing.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on August 15th, 2018, 10:51 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:
staticshadows wrote:https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/store/flash-sale-announcement

In my opinion, IF you had a season pass for 2018, their is NO point in buying a membership until the month the park opens in 2019 - whatever that month is. Your season pass is good until December 2018. So, you MIGHT pay (let's say - an additional $7.15) for 7 months you don't need to no matter what the sale is? With the "sale", you would pay Sept / Oct / Nov / Dec / Jan / Feb / March. $7.15 x 7 = an extra $50 for no reason if you change from season pass to membership. The only reason I see a change of when you buy it, is IF you are going to an open park in Jan / Feb, etc. Though, if the membership price never really changes drastically, I would wait till Jan (if you were going to Magic Mountain for instance).

For the 7 months, their is absolutely no way they are going to give you $50 off through their flash sale with the membership thing.

They may not give a discount on memberships, but I suspect they will do SOMETHING to try to convince people in that scenario to switch - some extra flash passes or a free dining pass or something. I guess we'll see...
anewman35

Postby Mean Streaker on August 15th, 2018, 12:53 pm
ilrider wrote:^The two names that kept coming up that stood out were Maxx Force and West Coast Racers. I think our ride will be named Maxx Force, and WCR will go to SFMM.

The survey, which I got months ago, is what made me think launch coaster right away, even though they are also teasing the water park. That’s assuming the survey was focusing on 2019. I think it is.

Seems about right.

But it hasn't been too long since we got The Joker (which isn't a huge coaster). Don't you guys think it's a bit early for another coaster?
Mean Streaker

Postby RBullFan97 on August 15th, 2018, 1:11 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:
ilrider wrote:^The two names that kept coming up that stood out were Maxx Force and West Coast Racers. I think our ride will be named Maxx Force, and WCR will go to SFMM.

Seems about right.

But it hasn't been too long since we got The Joker (which isn't a huge coaster). Don't you guys think it's a bit early for another coaster?

I've always felt that after the triumvirate of X-Flight, Goliath, and Joker, that I think we'd be good for about another 4-5 years without a new coaster (that might not be a popular opinion around here I understand). However, corporate seems like they see a lot of potential in our park and want to give us a lot of big investments, so we'll see. Maybe if 2019 is a coaster they'll take a bit of a break and hopefully focus on improving the park's operations, maintenance, atmosphere, etc.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Goku1910 on August 15th, 2018, 1:15 pm
Does the Joker even count as a big investment? Ha.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby ilrider on August 15th, 2018, 1:40 pm
^Honestly, no, I don’t think it is. I am looking at it as it will have been 5 years since our last major coaster, Goliath. It is time for a new one. If this truly is one of the biggest announcements ever, as they are proclaiming on the web site, it has to be something big, and a major installation. What else could that be but a major, full circuit coaster?
ilrider

Postby JackGlass on August 15th, 2018, 2:12 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Does the Joker even count as a big investment? Ha.

Hell no! lol. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have Joker than a second wild mouse any day of the week. But Joker was a trick pony. A cheap addition that gave the park a 3% bump in attendance.
JackGlass

Postby IssaCoaster on August 15th, 2018, 2:30 pm
JackGlass wrote:

Hell no! lol. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have Joker than a second wild mouse any day of the week. But Joker was a trick pony. A cheap addition that gave the park a 3% bump in attendance.

Honestly... I think I wouldn't mind a wild mouse right now. They aren't bad rides in my opinion.
IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on August 15th, 2018, 3:12 pm
No one here (at least you shouldn’t) can deny that RaginCajun was a damn fun coaster. I wish We would have kept it to be honest while still getting Joker. I really Hate all the negativity you guys have with it. It made our park more well rounded & 4Ds are still something not many parks have. Was I hopeful for a bigger model? Yes. But that didn’t happen & im still proud we have it. Beats not getting a coaster at all.

Now that Yukon is out, I’m so damn anxious for the rest of the month. I want August 30th here tomorrow. Lol
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 15th, 2018, 3:14 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
JackGlass wrote:

Honestly... I think I wouldn't mind a wild mouse right now. They aren't bad rides in my opinion.

Wild mice are cool coasters, but it seemed pointless having two of them at Great America. Ragin Cajun and Dark Knight were very simmilar, and I'm glad they removed one of them. Personally, I would rather have Joker than Ragin Cajun.
JackGlass

Postby anewman35 on August 15th, 2018, 5:07 pm
ilrider wrote:^Honestly, no, I don’t think it is. I am looking at it as it will have been 5 years since our last major coaster, Goliath. It is time for a new one. If this truly is one of the biggest announcements ever, as they are proclaiming on the web site, it has to be something big, and a major installation. What else could that be but a major, full circuit coaster?

As I said above, that "proclimation" means nothing. Plug in other Six Flags parks into it, you get the same thing...

(Or you did, now it looks like they took that page down...)
anewman35

Postby ilrider on August 15th, 2018, 5:59 pm
anewman35 wrote:
ilrider wrote:^Honestly, no, I don’t think it is. I am looking at it as it will have been 5 years since our last major coaster, Goliath. It is time for a new one. If this truly is one of the biggest announcements ever, as they are proclaiming on the web site, it has to be something big, and a major installation. What else could that be but a major, full circuit coaster?

As I said above, that "proclimation" means nothing. Plug in other Six Flags parks into it, you get the same thing...

Weird that it is down now, but their proclamation said more than “We are planning something big for 2019.” That is very vanilla. It went on to say it is one of their biggest announcements ever. Also, just got a passholder email saying that they are “going to announce an incredible, UNBELIEVABLE new attraction for the 2019 season.” I don’t think they would exaggerate so much if it is a minor installation. That would be pretty upsetting. JMO
ilrider

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on August 15th, 2018, 8:10 pm
ilrider wrote:
anewman35 wrote:

Weird that it is down now, but their proclamation said more than “We are planning something big for 2019.” That is very vanilla. It went on to say it is one of their biggest announcements ever. Also, just got a passholder email saying that they are “going to announce an incredible, UNBELIEVABLE new attraction for the 2019 season.” I don’t think they would exaggerate so much if it is a minor installation. That would be pretty upsetting. JMO

Every single six flags park has the same website and announcement. Don't look into it too far. I'm just warning everybody to not get attached to one idea. It still could very easily be a water park expansion so just keep your mind open.
Bobthebuilder645

Postby ilrider on August 15th, 2018, 8:20 pm
^UNBELIEVABLE and water park addition don’t work for me. Sorry. I don’t think it would for many people. Still think coaster, and this coming from a guy who for years figured we would just get a water coaster in that area. If I am wrong, so be it, but that ride survey I took this spring changed my mind.
Last edited by ilrider on August 15th, 2018, 8:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ilrider

Postby SaveTheWAVE on August 15th, 2018, 8:42 pm
To me, the biggest factor between a new dry side/water park addition is if Pictorium’s entrance will be used for the 2019 attraction. Unless SFGAm decides to re-route the HH entrance in Carousel Plaza, I still think it’s a coaster.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby anewman35 on August 15th, 2018, 9:02 pm
ilrider wrote:^UNBELIEVABLE and water park addition don’t work for me. Sorry. I don’t think it would for many people. Still think coaster, and this coming from a guy who for years figured we would just get a water coaster in that area. If I am wrong, so be it, but that ride survey I took this spring changed my mind.

They do that every year. Even parks that end up getting tiny things have generic hype beforehand about what an amazing addition it will be. (We also always go through this whole thing where they put up some generic chainwide teasers and people start trying to wrongly connect them to our teasers). We get something great, we may not, but, I promise you, the generic Six Flags hype is no indication either way.
anewman35

Postby ilrider on August 15th, 2018, 9:11 pm
^Please lost a link to another park’s teaser. I have honestly not seen any but ours.

The survey is the biggest reason I think it is a coaster, really, along with some of the clues in the teaser videos. Trusting we will get another one tomorrow!
ilrider

Postby anewman35 on August 15th, 2018, 11:49 pm
ilrider wrote:^Please lost a link to another park’s teaser. I have honestly not seen any but ours.

The survey is the biggest reason I think it is a coaster, really, along with some of the clues in the teaser videos. Trusting we will get another one tomorrow!

Honestly, I don't know what survey you saw, but those are often not really park specific either. Not saying it's not a coaster (I kinda think it is), just that some things that seem like clues might not be.

As far other parks, I can verify that I checked that Flash Sale link myself and plugged in a few different park names in it and they all gave me identical text about how big that parks announcement was (I'd link myself, but the page is down - try it yourself if it comes back). I'm on vacation now, but when I get back in a few days I can try to pull up some examples of this from the last few years. Probably wouldn't be too hard to find examples of passholder newsletters from other parks and see what they say...

It's just sort of a good general rule of thumb though, I don't recall there EVER being anything in the pass newsletters or the Flash Sale ads that in any way was actually a teaser to what was actually happening (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). That stuff is always done through social media.

Edit: here's a Six Flags St. Louis thread. Shockingly, they're also getting an UNBELIEVABLE addition... http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... tart=11860)
Last edited by anewman35 on August 15th, 2018, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anewman35

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on August 15th, 2018, 11:53 pm
ilrider wrote:^Please lost a link to another park’s teaser. I have honestly not seen any but ours.

The survey could be talking about any park. I want it to be a coaster too, but just don't get over hyped. It's still six flags we are talking about. Great America teases every year, they even teased the damn super loop. Speculation is good but just keep an open mind and don't get too stuck on one idea.
Bobthebuilder645

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on August 16th, 2018, 1:43 am
https://youtu.be/jbAb6eJHccc

That ride might be what we're looking at. It even directly says it has a 2.0 second launch.
Bobthebuilder645

Postby gottastrata33 on August 16th, 2018, 3:05 am
As mentioned, it’s all general wording sadly. My friends in St Louis, Jersey & Baltimore all got the same thing. So unless SFAm & StLouis are getting coasters along with us & jersey (which I hope you realize this isn’t 1999/not gonna happen) it’s a general email.

The only thing that’s going to be ubelievevable is how many of you will be calling a coaster after the next waterpark update later today lol

I’m trying to be hopeful here but as i said before, this seems to have gotten out of hand.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 16th, 2018, 3:14 am
Six Flags America posted a Twitter pic of the Grim Reaper riding Iron Wolf. So it looks like these rumors involving a floorless conversion might be true.
Attachments
Dkq4QKbU8AA9Mwy.jpg
JackGlass

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on August 16th, 2018, 7:21 am
JackGlass wrote:Six Flags America posted a Twitter pic of the Grim Reaper riding Iron Wolf. So it looks like these rumors involving a floorless conversion might be true.

Yeah they just made the announcement that Apocalypse is closing forever. Sad to see such a B&M classic die. Probably going to be converted to floorless but you never know. It just losses all it's charm when you take away the stand up cars.
Bobthebuilder645

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 16th, 2018, 9:15 am
^Maybe, this will happen. At Six Flags America, "An all new experience. Some (the 1 person in the billion world) say the best ride they've ever been on. Yes, coming in 2019, your dreams will be fulfilled. Ride the BRAND spanking new (cough from another park) Buccaneer Battle. You will be AMAZED, and THRILLED." lol lol
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum