Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAmFan12 on August 17th, 2018, 9:36 pm
Thought this was odd...all other parks are advertising with just a plain curtain saying a big sale is coming while our park shows a picture of Wonder Woman from Fiesta Texas. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SFGAmFan12

Thought this was odd...all other parks are advertising with just a plain curtain saying a big sale is coming while our park shows a picture of Wonder Woman from Fiesta Texas.

SFGAmFan12

Thought this was odd...all other parks are advertising with just a plain curtain saying a big sale is coming while our park shows a picture of Wonder Woman from Fiesta Texas.

SFGAmFan12

Postby ilrider on August 17th, 2018, 10:09 pm
^Pictorium space is way too big for just the RMC Raptor. It is a very compact coaster. Hope we at least get the T-Rex if that is some sort of clue. Capacity is terrible for our park for the Raptor. Hopefully just a generic image, but weird nobody else used it.
ilrider

Postby SFGAmFan12 on August 17th, 2018, 10:33 pm
ilrider wrote:^Pictorium space is way too big for just the RMC Raptor. It is a very compact coaster. Hope we at least get the T-Rex if that is some sort of clue. Capacity is terrible for our park for the Raptor. Hopefully just a generic image, but weird nobody else used it.

I completely agree FWIW.
SFGAmFan12

Postby ChicagoCoasters on August 17th, 2018, 10:47 pm
That is weird. They probably didn't do the normal Six Flags copy and paste.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby anewman35 on August 17th, 2018, 10:50 pm
You're right, that is weird. However, I would be absolutely shocked if that was any sort of a "clue", because that just doesn't fit at all with how Six Flags does these things.
anewman35

Postby ChicagoCoasters on August 17th, 2018, 10:55 pm
anewman35 wrote:You're right, that is weird. However, I would be absolutely shocked if that was any sort of a "clue", because that just doesn't fit at all with how Six Flags does these things.

Agreed. I just though of that.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby IssaCoaster on August 18th, 2018, 12:02 am
JaminOut wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:The Demon is in pretty bad shape right now guys. It's rusting everywhere

I don’t know what you keep trying to get at, but I just rode Demon today. It had a healthy line (15 minutes) and gave an as expected ride. I saw no noticeable rust on any supports, track, or structures. They were also playing the Demon Origin Story audio in the queue.

Back on the topic of 2016, there are a couple survey markers and paint markings with numbers along the service road under Whizzer. It does seem quite possible an addition could start near Sky Trail’s old spot, launch out behind Lobster and over the path, then meander around the Pictorium plot of land. Looking at the land today, it doesn’t look like you could fit a launched coaster in Pictorium’s spot alone.

I just think the Demon is the next to go. Mark my words. We may not like for it go, we may not think it makes sense for it to go, but it's gonna go. Maybe soon. Buccaneer Battle is going to leave as soon as Six Flags finds an appropiate replacement. Considering the electrical room caught on fire 4 times last year
IssaCoaster

Postby WolfRaging95 on August 18th, 2018, 12:21 am
Goku1910 wrote:They would've said something by now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I know it's not a coaster, but King Chaos' last rides announcement was on August 24th of last year . So could next weeks teaser have something to do with Demon's last rides? I'm just stating a point here. In no way do I think Demon is going anywhere.

With the park bringing back some of Demon's effects leaves me to believe it's not leaving just yet. At least with putting the two and two together, that would make sense of why it won't be removed. Could it be closed for this new attractions construction though? Perhaps it will need to be if construction is around the old Sky Trail location?
WolfRaging95

Postby gottastrata33 on August 18th, 2018, 12:38 am
I give up.
gottastrata33

Postby IssaCoaster on August 18th, 2018, 1:15 am
WolfRaging95 wrote:

I know it's not a coaster, but King Chaos' last rides announcement was on August 24th of last year . So could next weeks teaser have something to do with Demon's last rides? I'm just stating a point here. In no way do I think Demon is going anywhere.

With the park bringing back some of Demon's effects leaves me to believe it's not leaving just yet. At least with putting the two and two together, that would make sense of why it won't be removed. Could it be closed for this new attractions construction though? Perhaps it will need to be if construction is around the old Sky Trail location?

Let me make it more clear, I don't think it is leaving this year. I just see it as a rollercoaster that is next on the chopping block. I don't think the new attraction will be doing anything with Demon. I'm just thinking of what coaster could go there if it were to go. But... back on topic. Who has this 175 yards thing figured out?
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on August 18th, 2018, 1:16 am
WolfRaging95 wrote:

Let me make it more clear, I don't think it is leaving this year. I just see it as a rollercoaster that is next on the chopping block. I don't think the new attraction will be doing anything with Demon. I'm just thinking of what coaster could go there if it were to go. But... back on topic. Who has this 175 yards thing figured out?
IssaCoaster

Postby JackGlass on August 18th, 2018, 4:00 am
I never found Demon or Shockwave for that matter to be rough. I'm tall though, so my head is above the restraints and I never get head banging. I hope they give Demon a rebirth in a few years. Blue Hawk restraints, Bring back the original sign, add flame effects like X2, etc.

Same goes for Vertical Velocity. Maybe turn the trains backwards, fix the holding brake, Give it a nice lighting package like Joker, repaint it a different color scheme, and use the Hurricane Force 5 name since it would fit in Yankee Harbor. Hell Resurrect the old Yankee Harbor light house too.
JackGlass

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 18th, 2018, 8:19 am
JackGlass wrote:I never found Demon or Shockwave for that matter to be rough. I'm tall though, so my head is above the restraints and I never get head banging. I hope they give Demon a rebirth in a few years. Blue Hawk restraints, Bring back the original sign, add flame effects like X2, etc.

I'd hate to see vests on Demon because it would kill the airtime you get in the last row on the first drop, and I think it's some of the best you'll find in the park. That said, if vests were the difference between Demon going or staying, I'd learn to live with them. I shudder to even consider what management might think would be a great replacement for it- I'd rather not find out.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby RandomDoof on August 18th, 2018, 8:59 am
Not sure if this is of any importance or means anything, but has anyone noticed that in the 2015 teasers how the attractions you vote on are almost all gone?

Maybe its hints for the next things to leave? :roll:
RandomDoof

Postby anewman35 on August 18th, 2018, 9:44 am
Can't wait to see what replaces the Paint Shop!
anewman35

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 18th, 2018, 10:32 am
Wow, that isn't too inspiring for those of us who love Demon. I'd be sadder than when they took out Shockwave and Iron Wolf, and I actually preferred the intense ride experience on those. To me, Demon, American Eagle, and Whizzer are part of the park's identity. It would be brutal to see either of them go in favor of Six Flags' shitty "NEW THRILLS".
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby JT2002 on August 18th, 2018, 11:04 am
SFGAmFan12 wrote:Thought this was odd...all other parks are advertising with just a plain curtain saying a big sale is coming while our park shows a picture of Wonder Woman from Fiesta Texas.

Weird, possibly hinting that we're going to get a bigger addition compared to the rest of the parks? Also, why haven't they done anything with the old skytrails spot it the past? They could've moved Orbit there possibly or added a new restaurant or something; it's been empty for years now.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 18th, 2018, 11:10 am
^It's all about money. They don't want to add more rides because that means more money. Notice what they are doing now. They put something in, and than usually at the end of the year, something goes away. Of course, they have spots open for more rides, but that's not the plan. They feel the number of rides is good enough now, so we all have to wait for them to take something out to get something all the time now. The Skytrail made them money. A new ride in that spot would make them lose money.

Buccaneer Battle just has to be the next ride to go if not Demon. Based on what is happening with Sky Trek Tower, 3rd ride to go.. Not good for Sky Trek Tower's future. At the opening of the park, the Sky Tower sign said Ride not available today. So, you have 100s of people walking past Sky Trek Tower, and they see NOT open today (meaning Friday)! The ride was open at 10:30 am. All of those potential Sky Trek Tower riders thought it was not open for the day. It's better at the beginning of the day for the sign to say NOTHING. Than, the ride closed at about 12 pm for the entire day. It might have been not enough people on the ride, SHOCK, or wind.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby IssaCoaster on August 18th, 2018, 12:10 pm
Question: is it possible for the Sky Trek Tower to leave this year for the new attraction? I would hate to see it leave though. It's an icon in the park's skyline.
IssaCoaster

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 18th, 2018, 12:32 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:Question: is it possible for the Sky Trek Tower to leave this year for the new attraction? I would hate to see it leave though. It's an icon in the park's skyline.

I don’t think it’s going anywhere. Every time I’ve been there this year it’s been a packed ride. I’ve even waited a few ride cycles a few times the queue has been so full. People are still riding it. My guess is it’s closed when they are short staffed. Lately it’s been open in the evenings as well...till park closing.

B&MGuy35

Postby RollingCoasting on August 18th, 2018, 1:26 pm
SFGAmFan12 wrote:Thought this was odd...all other parks are advertising with just a plain curtain saying a big sale is coming while our park shows a picture of Wonder Woman from Fiesta Texas.

Looks like Magic Mountain has it too

Credit to Mike Galvan on Facebook
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on August 18th, 2018, 1:34 pm
It might depend on where you're viewing it or what link you use or something, because when I look at the Magic Mountain one I'm still seeing the curtain. Regardless, I don't think it means anything...
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 18th, 2018, 5:10 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:Question: is it possible for the Sky Trek Tower to leave this year for the new attraction? I would hate to see it leave though. It's an icon in the park's skyline.

I don’t think it’s going anywhere. Every time I’ve been there this year it’s been a packed ride. I’ve even waited a few ride cycles a few times the queue has been so full. People are still riding it. My guess is it’s closed when they are short staffed. Lately it’s been open in the evenings as well...till park closing.

I’ve always wanted a coaster to wrap/turn around the tower ever since I saw Tatsu but really after we saw CGAm do it.
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum