Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on August 16th, 2018, 5:00 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Not obvious how? By not reading? Great America purposely used yards instead of feet to trick you and you fell for it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Um, sure, I fell for their "trick". Whatever you say.
anewman35

Postby JT2002 on August 16th, 2018, 5:22 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
anewman35 wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:
Well obviously since the sign says 175 YARDS.

Except that's not obvious to some people.
Not obvious how? By not reading? Great America purposely used yards instead of feet to trick you and you fell for it.

Possible...but one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. At least I think we can rule out a water park expansion.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby staticshadows on August 16th, 2018, 5:35 pm
staticshadows

Postby IssaCoaster on August 16th, 2018, 6:11 pm
This teaser is quite confusing. Is this maybe hinting at the lay out of the coaster? I honestly don't know. 175 yards ahead..... notice how the the road is curved. Let me think about this a little bit.
IssaCoaster

Postby ernstwhere on August 16th, 2018, 6:26 pm
As static shadows and iflyfpv pointed out, 175 yards from that spot is the empty Sky Trail site. I'm wondering if that will be the entrance to a new record breaking launch coaster called Maxx Force. There is space behind Whizzer all the way to Demon that connects to the Pictorium site, which would also explain why the Southwest Territory / Hometown Square gate could be temporarily closed - the detour.
Last edited by ernstwhere on August 16th, 2018, 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ernstwhere

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 16th, 2018, 6:30 pm
^ Our park wouldn't be routed in a circle anymore :(
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on August 16th, 2018, 6:33 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ Our park wouldn't be routed in a circle anymore :(

Ever since they added SWT, it hasn't really been a circle - it's been a circle (the original park) with SWT added on the side. If they closed off the SWT/HS path, but nothing else, it wouldn't change the overall circleness of the park, just make SWT a dead end instead of it being a full alternate path.
anewman35

Postby Goku1910 on August 16th, 2018, 6:34 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ Our park wouldn't be routed in a circle anymore :(
He said temporarily.... I think they could maintain that path along with the railroad bridge but it would be a little tight.

"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on August 16th, 2018, 6:47 pm
I really really think this is a Hurricane Harbor addition. New entrance, new slides etc.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 16th, 2018, 6:54 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:I really really think this is a Hurricane Harbor addition. New entrance, new slides etc.

I really don't see this being a water park addition anymore. Sure, I could end up being totally wrong, but would they start a teasing series like this earlier than they would for any other addition like a flat? The last time they started this early (August 1st or 2nd?) was for Goliath. Yes, I'm getting my hopes up, but I don't see the point of making this series for a slide.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 16th, 2018, 6:58 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:I really really think this is a Hurricane Harbor addition. New entrance, new slides etc.

Well look at it this way...
If they are making it a separate gate entrance then we now have 2 parks. And every park gets something every year! So we’ll not only get a water park addition but a dry park as well to entice people of the separate gated cost.

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 16th, 2018, 7:28 pm
The detour could be X-Flight again - the colors of that red & black S&S coaster (at Sun Tzu Cultural Park), or it could point to American Eagle which is the fastest racing coaster.

American Eagle records:
"Fastest racing wooden roller coaster
Longest racing wooden roller coaster
Tallest racing wooden roller coaster
Largest drop on a racing wooden roller coaster"

Racing coaster points to the T-Rex.

Eagle is in this picture:
https://youtu.be/Cfz3ylmBIt0?t=12s
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby gottastrata33 on August 16th, 2018, 7:36 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:

I really don't see this being a water park addition anymore. Sure, I could end up being totally wrong, but would they start a teasing series like this earlier than they would for any other addition like a flat? The last time they started this early (August 1st or 2nd?) was for Goliath. Yes, I'm getting my hopes up, but I don't see the point of making this series for a slide.

THEY WILL TEASE ANYTHING. You have to start realizing this. Choose your path for 2015? They teased us getting three old rides bein brought back. It’s marketing simple as that.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 16th, 2018, 7:49 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:

THEY WILL TEASE ANYTHING. You have to start realizing this. Choose your path for 2015? They teased us getting three old rides bein brought back. It’s marketing simple as that.

Okay, buddy. That teasing series began the regular time they start putting out clues. Follow the Journey and Road to Glory started August 1st and 2nd. Seeing that Follow the Journey ended up being a major roller coaster I can see this addition being bigger/major. I could be wrong, but this is a speculation forum so..
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on August 16th, 2018, 8:04 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:[quote="gottastrata33"]I really really think this is a Hurricane Harbor addition. New entrance, new slides etc.

Okay, buddy. That teasing series began the regular time they start putting out clues. Follow the Journey and Road to Glory started August 1st and 2nd. Seeing that Follow the Journey ended up being a major roller coaster I can see this addition being bigger/major. I could be wrong, but this is a speculation forum so..[/quote]

Lol. Speculate all you want. That’s what this is for. Got it. But my answer still stands. The fact that every park got an email that says the same thing (nearly) should indicate they’ll promote anything. It’s a business, buddy.

& I’ve said several times, I’d love for you all to point HA! at my face when I’m wrong but what I’m seeing on here is everyone is hyper focused on ONE thing. That being a launched coaster. I see nothing that points to that, honestly. A pit crew is clear. His name being Maxx is clear. Racing, I can see as well. We will see in 15days

I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 16th, 2018, 8:08 pm
^ I didn't say anything about the email. I really am positive it's a dry park addition.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on August 16th, 2018, 8:13 pm
I remain of the opinion that the level of teasing is mostly based on how ambitious the marketing department is feeling that year, maybe with a slight nudge up for a really big attraction. Remember, there were pretty extensive teasers for igNight snd Hometown Park, and almost nothing for MGH (which, say what you want about it, it's at the very least bigger than those two additions). From the looks of it, this year we're getting four YouTube videos of like a minute each. Its not nothing, but when you compare it to parks that actually do involved teaser campaigns, it's also not very much.
anewman35

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 16th, 2018, 10:39 pm
Ok. for my mental health and well-being i'm gonna just say it's a water coaster. I'd be bummed because i like to visit the park on cooler days when it's not so hectic so that rules me out. That plot of land could be something special, but SF suits seem to be hellbent on installing mediocrity. Dear GOD I hope i'm wrong. Still holding out on a world class airtime machine at some point though. :?
AirTimeDaz

Postby gottastrata33 on August 16th, 2018, 11:05 pm
You guys have me thinking of the most abnormal things. Like the plot of land being the graveyard...could we be seeing something come back, like a ride name?
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 16th, 2018, 11:09 pm
Quite possibly they had a teaser campaign planned out for “Hurricane Force 5” but had to cancel it. Since they didn’t know the name of the ride maybe they just decided against a teaser campaign since name was scrapped last min.

B&MGuy35

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 16th, 2018, 11:39 pm
How could they trademark a name that is an engine of a company? Maxxforce. Shouldn't their be legal issues with that name. A trucking forum:
https://www.thetruckersreport.com/truck ... sx.293510/

I'm not against the name, but I don't know how they could use that.
It's almost if I named my roller coaster Toyota. Toyota would be very mad at me, and probably sue me.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 17th, 2018, 12:26 am
I am pretty confident in an addition to the dry park at the very least now.
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 507
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on August 17th, 2018, 2:32 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:How could they trademark a name that is an engine of a company? Maxxforce. Shouldn't their be legal issues with that name. A trucking forum:
https://www.thetruckersreport.com/truck ... sx.293510/

I'm not against the name, but I don't know how they could use that.
It's almost if I named my roller coaster Toyota. Toyota would be very mad at me, and probably sue me.

I don't think they would mind if it's a launch coaster that might show how good their motors are :)
Bobthebuilder645

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 17th, 2018, 6:41 am
Looks like the trademark is Maxx Force (2 words) and that engine is MaxxForce maybe that's how they did it? But it's VERY interesting that it's an engine.. hmmmm

https://www.trademarkia.com/company-six-flags-theme-parks-inc-1116228-page-1-2
AirTimeDaz

Postby bearcub12 on August 17th, 2018, 8:05 am
gottastrata33 wrote:You guys have me thinking of the most abnormal things. Like the plot of land being the graveyard...could we be seeing something come back, like a ride name?

This is an interesting idea. I’m not sure how it would fit on the land, but with the news that Apocalypse (Iron Wolf) is closing at SF America, I wonder whether they could be getting a modernized version of it back.
bearcub12

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum