Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Season Pass replacement policy

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby n9yty on September 26th, 2017, 8:23 am
Hi All,

I know, the best answer will come from Six Flags, but was wondering what experiences anyohne has had here if they lost their pass.

I see the FAQ online says that you can get one free replacement, and then it will be $20.

What it doesn't say is if that is a PER-SEASON free replacement, or a LIFETIME one-time free replacement. Seems odd that it would be lifetime considering you don't get a new pass every year, you have to re-use your old one.

With three kids running around, I'm surprised it is the end of our second year before this has happened. :)
n9yty

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 26th, 2017, 9:41 am
It's per-season. If someone lost a pass in 2011, then lost their next one in 2025, then they shouldn't have to pay $20 for a loss that happened 14 years before.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby n9yty on September 28th, 2017, 3:39 pm
Just to confirm, from Six Flags, it is per-season, and I found the missing pass so won't even need to get one as a lost pass replacement right now. But after a few years they get a little worse for the wear, might ask to have them swapped out at some point. But that wouldn't technically be "lost" anyway.

Thanks!
n9yty

Postby coasterfanatic on October 25th, 2017, 3:28 pm
You do get a new pass every year not sure where you are getting that from...and secondly, that's why you download the pass to the Six Flags app on your phone. Then you never have to worry about losing it!
coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 25th, 2017, 4:57 pm
^ I believe that if you keep the prior year's pass (the physical card) and they load the next year's pass on there, you save $1 when purchasing the pass. That's what I've experienced. So I've had the same physical card for like 3 years now.
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on October 27th, 2017, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby anewman35 on October 25th, 2017, 8:10 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ I believe that if you keep the prior year's pass (the physical card) and they load the next year's pass on their, you save $1 when purchasing the pass. That's what I've experienced. So I've had the same physical card for like 3 years now.

Huh? When do you get that option? Is that only if you buy it in the park or something? Because I buy it online every year and they never offer that.
anewman35

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 27th, 2017, 3:32 pm
anewman35 wrote: Huh? When do you get that option? Is that only if you buy it in the park or something? Because I buy it online every year and they never offer that.

I believe when I've bought my pass it's asked me if I have a pass for the prior year. I think I logon first and then buy the pass. I've only bought the passes online.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Tardis1972 on January 25th, 2018, 5:45 pm
I got a question to ask. The pass that's on the app can be used for free parking right? I recently lost my pass somehow but remember that I have the pass on the app.
Tardis1972

Postby chrisisdragon on January 26th, 2018, 1:08 am
Tardis1972 wrote:I got a question to ask. The pass that's on the app can be used for free parking right? I recently lost my pass somehow but remember that I have the pass on the app.

yes, you can, one time I forgot my season pass at home but I had it on the six flags app and it works perfectly fine with parking.
chrisisdragon

Postby Tardis1972 on January 26th, 2018, 9:33 am
^ That's good to know. I ended up finding my pass though.
Tardis1972

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum