Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Best Remaining Days to Visit this Season

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby American Eagle 1981 on September 4th, 2017, 9:06 am
Alright, it's almost time for Fright Fest and Last Call. I'm looking to get in two or three more visits this year and was wondering when everyone is predicting it to be the least busy. I'm expecting the late November Last call to be pretty dead and some early Fright fest days maybe. What's your opinion?
American Eagle 1981

Postby anewman35 on September 4th, 2017, 10:39 am
Next weekend, early Fright Fest, weekdays during Fright Fest, November.
anewman35

Postby RollingCoasting on September 4th, 2017, 12:13 pm
If I had a $1 for every time this thread was made in the past couple of months....

anewman is correct but if you're looking for specific dates, October 9th, October 30th, and October 31st should be dead unless they add BAFF last minute or something. Last Call may be light crowds as well
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 6th, 2017, 7:26 am
^ For whatever it's worth 9/3 was NOT dead (was predicted to be slow), probably due to the very nice weather. I asked a food service person and he said Sat. was definitely slower than Sunday.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby DejaVu2001 on September 6th, 2017, 8:23 am
^I'm not sure where anyone predicted 9/3 would be slow, but I never thought it would be slow. Sunday of Labor Day weekend is always mobbed, and this time, it didn't even clear out at the end of the day.
DejaVu2001

Postby momlovescoasters on September 6th, 2017, 8:48 am
Was anyone at the park Monday? I was checking ride times and it showed no waiting almost all day so either the app wasn't working or the park was dead.
momlovescoasters

Postby RollingCoasting on September 6th, 2017, 9:09 am
Don't know about Monday but Saturday was amazing. Storm around 6:30 scared everyone away :D

Also sorry Steve. Figured Sunday would be lighter than a Saturday but I guess that doesn't apply to Labor Day Weekend :P
RollingCoasting

Postby Lizardgi on September 6th, 2017, 12:13 pm
I was there Saturday and Sunday for the first time this season as we buy passes as a family every other year. Saturday was surprisingly great! Lower crowds throughout the day with most of the park leaving during the 5pm rain storm. Most rides were sub 20 minutes or a walk on after that. Sunday was a completely different story - both Hurricane Harbor and the park were packed. We spent most of the night trying in line trying to use our snack and dinner credits like the rest of the park. I would love to know how Monday was from anyone who was there....
Lizardgi

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 6th, 2017, 1:11 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Don't know about Monday but Saturday was amazing. Storm around 6:30 scared everyone away :D

Also sorry Steve. Figured Sunday would be lighter than a Saturday but I guess that doesn't apply to Labor Day Weekend :P

No problem, RC! I still managed 13 total rides in 6.5 hours riding time (when subtracting meal times). My longest wait was about 35 minutes for Giant Drop! The park seemed crowded but that was the longest wait time. We hit Goliath first thing so that wait was short.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 6th, 2017, 10:52 pm
I would think early FF would be best to visit. Usually I go Columbus Day, having gone the last two years. Both years they weren't as crowded as a FF day, but it wasn't exactly cake walk either. Regular 40 min waits.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum