Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Flash Sale for 2018 Season Passes

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby hoju74 on August 31st, 2017, 7:56 am
There's a button on the page for those that had season passes in 2017. Is this not working for anyone else ? I just links to a page with a treasure chest that says to check back after midnight on the 31st.
hoju74

Postby BCarroll on August 31st, 2017, 9:12 am
Same thing happened to me... wonder why it is not working/ when it will be up?
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby CoasterDave316 on August 31st, 2017, 10:58 am
Six Flags e-mailed me the following regarding the link not working:

"I wanted to let you know that we are actively working on the issue and should have passes available through the renewal link later today"
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby n9yty on August 31st, 2017, 12:33 pm
Seriously, they need a new web team. I am tired of so many dead-end broken link non-functioning things on their site. :) They should have had plenty of time to get this right, and whne people are ready to buy the last thing you want is ANYTHING that interrupts the fastest path between them and parting with their money. :)

Having said that, the renewal page is up now, we are fully loaded for next year and ready to go.

Didn't see any mention of Hurricane Harbor in the pass features, so there might be (or might not be) truth to the talk that it was being de-coupled from the season pass.
n9yty

Postby ribsinbacon on August 31st, 2017, 1:21 pm
Any idea what the deluxe dining plan is going for during the sale?
I've lost my coaster count.
ribsinbacon

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on August 31st, 2017, 2:10 pm
$72.99
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby n9yty on August 31st, 2017, 2:10 pm
ribsinbacon wrote:Any idea what the deluxe dining plan is going for during the sale?

It was $72.99 on our order.
n9yty

Postby n9yty on August 31st, 2017, 4:47 pm
Just a word of warning, I wasn't paying close attention, and while buying everything else I threw on the Go-Kart passes for the kids next year, and only when I printed everything did I realize it said 2017 season. We ALREADY HAVE 2017 season passes, so I hope they are willing to do something about it. The digital photo pass seems to be for the remainder of 2017 AND 2018, but the Go-Kart passes only say 2017 on the printout. :( :( :(
n9yty

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 31st, 2017, 6:07 pm
I absolutely see nothing about the waterpark in the list of benefits for the park?

"
FREE upgrade to our exclusive GOLD level
FREE parking for the rest of 2017 and 2018 (regularly $25/visit)
FREE digital ride or character photo ($13.99 value)
FREE one-time, one-ride skip-the-line pass
FREE free friend ticket for fall 2017* (a $74.99 value)
BONUS 20% off gifts and candy until Dec, 2018
Unlimited admission to Six Flags Great America
Includes park admission to Fright Fest in 2017 & 2018
Unlimited admission to ALL Six Flags theme parks
Special days when you can bring a friend free
Exclusive ride time events
Significant discounts on park tickets for friends
Hundreds of dollars worth of in-park savings
Bonus free friend ticket for BATMAN Pass Holders on a select day
Exclusive ride time events for BATMAN Pass Holders
Special dining discounts for BATMAN Pass Holders
Special souvenir offers for BATMAN Pass Holders"

Are they going to stop charging for the waterpark (extra)? So, it's not a benefit because it doesn't cost any money anymore?

Their stupid Flash sale is still messed up and it's 6:12 PM!! The only way I got to it is through a Six Flags subscription / newsletter email. Click on the email link, and you get to it. Otherwise, good luck buying it. You can't get to the page.

You click on sixflags.com/greatamerica ->
*Passes & Membership -> Buy Passes (Get nothing / treasure chest)
*Or you click on "FLASH SALE: Get your 2018 season pass today at the lowest price of the year" -> (Get nothing / treasure chest)

How hard is to fix 2 links?

None of the other Six Flags parks have this problem.

They should extend this sale now that it's been messed up the ENTIRE morning & day just for our park.

The difference I can find is literally a question mark in the link as to why Great America's is not going to the proper page, and the other ones are.

Gets you to Great America's season pass page:
https://www.sixflags.com /greatamerica /store/ season-passes? (<-NO spaces inbetween type that in)
<-Notice the question mark (?) at the end of this link above

Gets you to America's season pass page:
https://www.sixflags.com/america/store/season-passes
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on August 31st, 2017, 10:06 pm
n9yty wrote:Didn't see any mention of Hurricane Harbor in the pass features, so there might be (or might not be) truth to the talk that it was being de-coupled from the season pass.

It's not on the main features page, but it comes up when you start the process of buying it. Specifically, if you try to buy one of our passes it says it provide access to all Six Flags Theme Parks and Hurricane Harbor in Gurnee (other water parks not included).
anewman35

Postby ScullyDu on August 31st, 2017, 11:40 pm
I currently have a membership, anyone know if I will be ok buying a new membership at the flash sale price then cancelling my membership? Or do I have to wait for my membership to cancel, which I fear may take a few days?

Also did everyone get an email about the sale today? I got nothing
ScullyDu

Postby hook13 on September 1st, 2017, 9:30 pm
So does this mean you can't get into the other water parks with a season pass, like saint louis, anymore?
hook13

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 1st, 2017, 9:49 pm
^Yeah, but the waterpark at St. Louis was always included. Their was never an admission that was extra to get into it. I think they are really talking about the separate water parks they don't want you getting into such as Over Texas, Great Adventures, and Over Georgia's White Water (I'm not talking about the waterpark that is included with admission that is actually in Over Georgia's park).

Personally, I think what Six Flags fails at is that right on Six Flags St. Louis website of "waterpark park information", the most important thing it should say is that "Admission to the waterpark is included (free) with admission to the park." That should be the first thing it says on that page. It doesn't say it costs extra money, but it should still say it's included.

For Over Georgia's waterpark, they actually say this (as compared to St. Louis which says nothing) - "Hurricane Harbor is included FREE with your Six Flags Over Georgia admission."

For Great America's though for THIS YEAR, you know it costs money because it says, that it costs $10 though it should be in bigger FONT about the price.

So, yes you should be able to get into Six Flags Americas, St. Louis, New England (Never been, but the website doesn't say anything about extra money), and Over Georgia's waterpark for nothing extra next year because they were always free with admission to the park. If you tried to go to Magic Mountain's waterpark, that's not included.

I'll give you a general rule of thumb.

If the waterpark has it's own link on this page, you can't use your season pass from Great America, and go there for nothing extra which is kind of dumb. You are buying the best pass Great America offers and really should be able to get into any Six Flags park for a price, but anyway:

https://www.sixflags.com/
Go to -> Choose Your Own Park

From what I know, Great America is the weird park out of all these parks because I think they are the only ones you couldn't use your pass for the waterpark if you came from another park even though the waterpark doesn't have a separate page / separate link. So, if you bought a season pass from St. Louis this year, I would think you would have to pay $10 each time to get into Great America's waterpark for this year. The gold pass at St. Louis would still get you into Great America's regular park, but I doubt the waterpark for nothing extra. I think Great America has it where only Great America season pass holders get in free to the waterpark.

^I think the last point is kind of important if you are only going St. Louis once, but yet you go Great America alot, and you go to the waterpark a bunch of times. Let's say you go in March to St. Louis, and you get $10 cheaper passes there. Use them at St. Louis first, but than use them the rest of the time at Great America. You might have to pay the $10 everytime you want to go into Great America's waterpark. If you don't like Great America's waterpark, it really doesn't matter. If you do though, that will start costing you a lot of money per family. 4 times in the waterpark - 4 people = $160 extra.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby hook13 on September 1st, 2017, 10:34 pm
Thanks for clearing that up, makes a lot of sense, when you explain it-

One other question, If I am renewing passes, how does that work? I'll pick up tomorrow, do I keep my old card, or do I get a new one issued?
hook13

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2017, 10:44 pm
hook13 wrote:Thanks for clearing that up, makes a lot of sense, when you explain it-

One other question, If I am renewing passes, how does that work? I'll pick up tomorrow, do I keep my old card, or do I get a new one issued?

Unless they've changed it this year, there's really no difference between "renewing" and getting a new pass (besides saving the dollar). You bring your paperwork to the gate, they scan it and give you a new pass. There's really no connection between the two passes, if I recall correctly you even have to sign up for the online stuff again...
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on September 2nd, 2017, 8:52 am
Anybody know how the "one time skip the line pass" works? Do they just give you a paper pass or something?
anewman35

Postby SFGAmFan12 on September 2nd, 2017, 7:28 pm
anewman35 wrote:Anybody know how the "one time skip the line pass" works? Do they just give you a paper pass or something?

I really, really hope it’s not going to be “go to guest services to pick up” or along those lines. I still have flashbacks and nightmares of 2012 waiting in line at guest services for the Xtreme Pass that year after waiting an hour in the normal pass line in Hometown Square. It ended up being over four hours waiting for two passes. If visiting them is required I probably won’t use it.
SFGAmFan12

Postby chrisisdragon on September 2nd, 2017, 11:38 pm
It seems like they got cheap with the season passes this year feel like they are made with cheap plastic and get break easily
chrisisdragon

Postby Coaster Justin on September 3rd, 2017, 3:51 am
The Sports bottles look cool.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby anewman35 on September 3rd, 2017, 10:11 am
chrisisdragon wrote:It seems like they got cheap with the season passes this year feel like they are made with cheap plastic and get break easily

I thought that of the ones I got a year ago. Did they get even worse?
anewman35

Postby CoasterDemon on September 3rd, 2017, 4:36 pm
Does anyone know the pass code for RENEWING season passes? Geez, if sf had a site that worked properly.
CoasterDemon

Postby JaminOut on September 3rd, 2017, 5:08 pm
I did it on the computer and when to the flash sale and it had a link for 2017 pass holders. It’ll either ask for a pass number or give you a code to use (Athens latter happened to me). Then just check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterDemon on September 3rd, 2017, 5:15 pm
It never gave me the code. I'll just wait and try it at home, on the desktop.
CoasterDemon

Postby chrisisdragon on September 4th, 2017, 1:33 am
anewman35 wrote:
chrisisdragon wrote:It seems like they got cheap with the season passes this year feel like they are made with cheap plastic and get break easily

yes they have
chrisisdragon

Postby chrisisdragon on September 4th, 2017, 1:33 am
anewman35 wrote:

yes they have
chrisisdragon

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum