Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Dining pass question

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on July 30th, 2017, 3:21 pm
Dining pass question that I've never quite had to get answered, but I'd like to know:

Let's say you get in line for lunch at 3. The line sucks (the line always sucks) and you don't get to the counter until 3:45. Do they let you use your lunch credit? Is there a "grace period"?

Also, now there's a "single day dining pass" I don't think I'd seen mentioned before. Lunch, dinner, a snack and a bottle (not sure which one) for $35 or so...
anewman35

Postby sixflagsgurneeboy on July 30th, 2017, 3:37 pm
I've been wondering the same thing. We've been lucky enough to make it before the cut of time when we visited the park, but always wondered would be still be able to use the lunch credit if we missed the cut of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sixflagsgurneeboy

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 30th, 2017, 4:11 pm
This happened to me at Hurricane Harbor a few years ago. The system cuts the passes off at 3:30. Maybe there's a 5-ish minute grace period, but not a 15 minute one.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on July 30th, 2017, 4:27 pm
^ They must've updated the system since then because last month at Hurricane Harbor we got in line at 3:25 and didn't get to the front until 4:00 or so because of horrendous operations, but they still gave us our free lunch.

As for the regular park, there does seem to be atleast a 5-10 minute grace period if not in the line in time. Last Wednesday we got in line for lunch a few minutes past 3:30 but were given it for free with no hassle.

From what I've heard, as long as you're in line by the designated time, they're pretty much guaranteed to give it to you. The only time I missed a free meal (Snack) was because I got in line at 9:00 (Forgot it ended at 8:30) and they understandably wouldn't give it to me.
RollingCoasting

Postby Goku1910 on July 30th, 2017, 5:35 pm
eh, I always eat before the huge lines when everyone rushes last minute. :roll:
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 1st, 2017, 8:37 am
I tried to get my snack at 9:39 last Saturday and was denied. They told me (politely) that snack time ended at 8:30 . I didn't know that! They should have snack time go until the park closes. I mean, they're selling funnel cakes way past closing time so why does the snack time have to end at 8:30?

As for the "grace period" the same person also told me there's a 30 minute grace period on the meals: so you could get lunch up to 4:00 and dinner up to 9:00.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 9th, 2017, 11:03 pm
Last year I went on a crazy busy FF day and got in line well before the cut off time.Did not get there until 20 minutes after the time and they still were accepting passes. not sure when they stop.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby BCarroll on August 10th, 2017, 11:24 am
A couple visits ago, I wasn't really keeping track of time and they accepted my dinner credit at about 2:30 at the Totally Kick'n Chicken in front of Demon. :? Not sure how that worked considering I had pizza from the food court right when it opened.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby Viper 88 on September 13th, 2017, 12:03 am
See if you only have one meal you should be able to choose when you want to eat I personally like eating later but the dining pass cut off is 330. Has anyone ever tried to use a single meal dining pass another time during the day like 530 or later? I mean you've already paid for the season does it really matter what time you have your allotted meal? And seriously snacks should be later too.
Viper 88

Postby Lizardgi on September 13th, 2017, 10:46 am
Viper 88 wrote:See if you only have one meal you should be able to choose when you want to eat I personally like eating later but the dining pass cut off is 330.

I fully agree. My wife and I have the premium dining pass, but for our 6 year old we only got her the basic as she doesn't eat that much food. As of now she's forced to have the larger meal at lunch and than the snack for dinner. I'm guessing this is by design to keep the lines down for food later in the day, but the option would be nice, even if it was "hidden".
Lizardgi

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 13th, 2017, 3:36 pm
this option should be available as a hidden option or maybe even a service charge. Maybe $2 or $3 for each meal if you wanted it for dinner instead.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Nystagmus on September 13th, 2017, 8:56 pm
Last year during FF I was able to use my dining pass after the schedule end time. I asked the employee if it was still possible to use it. Her response was a funny "I don't care what the end time is, you can get your snack." I don't remember if I was 10min or 30min after the time. Either there is a grace time or it's at their discretion.
Nystagmus

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 19th, 2017, 9:30 pm
Im sure there is an override to use it at any time, but I also bet theres a grace period that is kind of the "unofficial rule" you know.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterCale on December 14th, 2017, 1:09 pm
From my understanding, there are minimum start times being 11:30, and 3:30 for each respective meal. But there isn't an official end. It's most likely so that cashiers can focus on taking cash or credit towards the end of the night. Also staffing could be a part of it. By setting the times, they know more people will be eating in those hours, thus having more staff. Even if staffing isn't the greatest during those times, I have noticed it's certainly better than around opening or closing. Just some food for thought. No pun originally intended. :)
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum