Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Park wait time rants

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby maxwellt on August 13th, 2017, 5:46 pm
So at first today I got several walk ons, now waits are kinda trash. Hour waits for superman and Goliath, half an hour for rb

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby BCarroll on August 14th, 2017, 9:38 pm
2 walk-ons for repiV in the morning then a station wait. Lines got bad around 12:30. Eagle's line was right by the DDD pad, 1hr+ for Goliath, repiV, Superman, Joker. Batman had "Gotham City Park" 2/3 full with all the swithcbacks open. Seems weird that these lines were not present in July but they are in August.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby RollingCoasting on August 14th, 2017, 9:40 pm
Well, tomorrow is the last day for RTS (I think) so it makes sense :P
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterDemon on August 14th, 2017, 11:47 pm
^What's RTS?
CoasterDemon

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on August 14th, 2017, 11:49 pm
Read to Succeed
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby momlovescoasters on August 24th, 2017, 2:21 pm
I was planning on going Friday but then realized this is BAFF week. I've read that attendance is down this year. Anyone been to the park this week? How are the lines compared to other years? Would Sunday be better? Also wondering if Viper is still running backwards. I know they said one week but I was hoping they would just keep it through Fright Fest.

In Spring, someone mentioned a Goodwill line for entry. Anyone try that? Front gate entry is one of my biggest complaints.....last year was a mess.

Thanks!
momlovescoasters

Postby JaminOut on August 24th, 2017, 2:43 pm
^BAFF has had little impact on lines this week (park is pretty much dead). There are now cattlegates at the front entrance. Skip the Goodwill thing and get to the park at 9:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on August 24th, 2017, 6:45 pm
HIGHLY suggest the Goodwill line. There is like no one there. I have nothing but positive things to say about it.
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 24th, 2017, 7:59 pm
My friend is a goodwill member... is there I could use the line without him physically being there?
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on August 24th, 2017, 8:49 pm
All you need is the card to show. They don't scan it or anything like that.
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 28th, 2017, 10:38 pm
Sweet. Hopefully this fast entry stays around for awhile :P
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Viper 88 on September 18th, 2017, 9:42 am
Ok 1 how does one get into the goodwill line? And 2 WTF was up with those food and drink lines on FF opening day?! They were atrocious! I think the park needs several self serve drink stands. What they could do is have a barcode or on the glass itself and have scanners at the drink machines so the only way to get a drink is to have either the all season refillable mug or a wristband, or even integrate it onto the season pass. I would also like to see a quick service/cafeteria style set up in a restaurant or even in the County Fair Food court. Meaning instead of placing your order and waiting you just take what you want Ie Burger platter and take it to a cashier and check out. I don't think the food would be stale or soggy in fact I think it might be the freshest in the park because it would have such a high turn around. Concerned about cold food have it in the Little Caesars hot and ready boxes open on both the kitchen side and the sales floor side. Have a cash lane, credit/debit lane, and season dining lanes. I think this could really work out well, if done right.
Viper 88

Postby Sven18 on September 18th, 2017, 10:43 am
Viper 88 wrote:Ok 1 how does one get into the goodwill line? And 2 WTF was up with those food and drink lines on FF opening day?! They were atrocious! I think the park needs several self serve drink stands. What they could do is have a barcode or on the glass itself and have scanners at the drink machines so the only way to get a drink is to have either the all season refillable mug or a wristband, or even integrate it onto the season pass. I would also like to see a quick service/cafeteria style set up in a restaurant or even in the County Fair Food court. Meaning instead of placing your order and waiting you just take what you want Ie Burger platter and take it to a cashier and check out. I don't think the food would be stale or soggy in fact I think it might be the freshest in the park because it would have such a high turn around. Concerned about cold food have it in the Little Caesars hot and ready boxes open on both the kitchen side and the sales floor side. Have a cash lane, credit/debit lane, and season dining lanes. I think this could really work out well, if done right.

The self serve drink stands is a good idea. SF doesn't even track your drinks with minimum intervals of refills like other parks, so there is no reason to not have them. Even parks that track just have several stands/coke free style machines where the person just scans your pass and lets you walk by to the machines. Much quicker than a employee filling 1 customers cup at a time.

Quick serve cafeteria style is not really conducive to how essentially all the food places are set up. It would require major renovations/changes and would cost money. Spending money on food services lowers profit. Also, how often many people with season passes go to the park the margins on some season dining passes is little or none.

Multi lane checkout cash,debit, passes cost money with more staff. I think a better use of more staffing might be to actually have people prepping/making food. Most food centers are short staffed in my opinion. The "atrocious lines" are likely to get worse in the future as SF is trying to push more season dining passes. They claim season dining has relatively low penetration among season pass holders.
Sven18

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 20th, 2017, 10:11 am
I think they should redeploy people from the photo booths to the foodservice. How many people actually buy the ride photos? Also, redeploy the photo takers at the front entrance to foodservice. They just create a roadblock to entering the park, and again how many people are actually buying their entry photos? People can just take their own photos with their phone in front of the fountain!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterCale on September 20th, 2017, 11:53 am
The park has departments for a reason. Everybody is trained for their own department. Until cross training is available. That suggestion is not feasible.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby ilrider on September 20th, 2017, 8:23 pm
Viper 88 wrote:Ok 1 how does one get into the goodwill line? And 2 WTF was up with those food and drink lines on FF opening day?! They were atrocious! I think the park needs several self serve drink stands. What they could do is have a barcode or on the glass itself and have scanners at the drink machines so the only way to get a drink is to have either the all season refillable mug or a wristband, or even integrate it onto the season pass. I would also like to see a quick service/cafeteria style set up in a restaurant or even in the County Fair Food court. Meaning instead of placing your order and waiting you just take what you want Ie Burger platter and take it to a cashier and check out. I don't think the food would be stale or soggy in fact I think it might be the freshest in the park because it would have such a high turn around. Concerned about cold food have it in the Little Caesars hot and ready boxes open on both the kitchen side and the sales floor side. Have a cash lane, credit/debit lane, and season dining lanes. I think this could really work out well, if done right.

To use the Goodwill line, you have to have a Goodwill rewards card. We use that line and love it. They have actually checked for the card, too.
ilrider

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 20th, 2017, 10:28 pm
on a somewhat unrelated note, I was at goodwill yesterday and I found a coaster shirt... I think it was Magnum but I don't remember. It was a small so I didn't even bother. Ive found like 5 coaster shirts over 15 thrifting trips, so I would suggest y'all keep your eyes open you might find a gem. I have a retro Dueling Dragon shirt that is amazing! Get a card to cut the entrance line and find some sweet coaster shirts! (and 200 DRose shirts)
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 21st, 2017, 8:56 am
CoasterCale wrote:The park has departments for a reason. Everybody is trained for their own department. Until cross training is available. That suggestion is not feasible.

Cale, when I said redeploy I actually meant permanently (eliminate the position). So instead of having say, 2-3 people at X-Flight photo booth, have 1 person there and take the extras and put them in food service.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum