Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Fright Fest 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby RollingCoasting on August 18th, 2017, 10:06 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lJmQUXch-c

Big Top Terror Update (Video Credit to JiggidyNDG)
RollingCoasting

Postby chrisisdragon on August 19th, 2017, 8:16 pm
manslaughter manner Will be returning to fright fest this year
The new for 2017 is up
https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/s ... right-fest
chrisisdragon

Postby JaminOut on August 19th, 2017, 11:19 pm
No new haunted houses... kinda disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on August 19th, 2017, 11:45 pm
Probably just a glitch since all of the Fright Fest stuff is up, but King Chaos is called Blood Bath on it's page like it usually is for Fright Fest: https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/a ... king-chaos

Also kind of funny that when you click on the map it brings you to a dead link. Probably contains a spoiler (Like last year's had the advertisement for Joker on it)
RollingCoasting

Postby Jackluver18 on August 20th, 2017, 9:49 pm
A few things I heard today from some friends of mine that I won't mention their names but clowns are back in front of Flight and I heard that there might be more than last year. Masquerade ball is in Orleans not in Mardi this year. Yankee is a dead zone. Infestation is fully enclosed up now. Rapids was drained this afternoon. Candy trail has supposedly been moved in front of Battle where the guns are and from what I could tell the queue for Manslaughter is completely gone now and cleared out..this coming from the top of Bull looking down. Don't know if they're building a new queue line or what they're doing there. Also, Uprising will not be different this year and I heard that Ringmaster's cabaret will be in GMH along side LAFF.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby chrisisdragon on August 20th, 2017, 11:19 pm
Jackluver18 wrote:A few things I heard today from some friends of mine that I won't mention their names but clowns are back in front of Flight and I heard that there might be more than last year. Masquerade ball is in Orleans not in Mardi this year. Yankee is a dead zone. Infestation is fully enclosed up now. Rapids was drained this afternoon. Candy trail has supposedly been moved in front of Battle where the guns are and from what I could tell the queue for Manslaughter is completely gone now and cleared out..this coming from the top of Bull looking down. Don't know if they're building a new queue line or what they're doing there. Also, Uprising will not be different this year and I heard that Ringmaster's cabaret will be in GMH along side LAFF.

I can't see ringmasters cabaret being in grand music hall with Love at fright fright because there are to many props used for LAFF. I think its going to be in wilderness theater like for Dead's man party which i am happy to see that leave because it has horrible and I hope its not the same thing but re named.
chrisisdragon

Postby anewman35 on August 21st, 2017, 12:25 am
chrisisdragon wrote:
I can't see ringmasters cabaret being in grand music hall with Love at fright fright because there are to many props used for LAFF. I think its going to be in wilderness theater like for Dead's man party which i am happy to see that leave because it has horrible and I hope its not the same thing but re named.

The webpage specifically says Ringmasters Cabaret is in Grand Music Hall. I guess it's possible the webpage is wrong, but it's more than just some rumor somebody heard.
anewman35

Postby chrisisdragon on August 21st, 2017, 12:31 am
anewman35 wrote:
chrisisdragon wrote:

The webpage specifically says Ringmasters Cabaret is in Grand Music Hall. I guess it's possible the webpage is wrong, but it's more than just some rumor somebody heard.

that is is true i just look and also notice that its a fight fest night show is that suppose to mean anything
chrisisdragon

Postby anewman35 on August 21st, 2017, 9:25 am
chrisisdragon wrote:
anewman35 wrote:
chrisisdragon wrote:

that is is true i just look and also notice that its a fight fest night show is that suppose to mean anything

Guessing LAFF during the day and early evening, then the last show or two of the day is the new one. Guess it won't have a very fancy set...
anewman35

Postby bigtopterrorr on August 21st, 2017, 3:11 pm
The website has been loaded! The haunts haven't been update like previous years it takes them a while to load those. I can't wait!
bigtopterrorr

Postby n9yty on August 23rd, 2017, 4:59 pm
chrisisdragon wrote:Dead's man party which i am happy to see that leave because it has horrible and I hope its not the same thing but re named.

We loved it. That is why variety is good, can't please everyone with the same thing. :mrgreen:

Added thought: Just like we can't understand how Susan Rosen has been there for so long. :roll:
n9yty

Postby RollingCoasting on September 2nd, 2017, 11:00 pm

TT2 walls are up. Excited to ride it for the first time :D

Photo credit goes to JiggidyNDG
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 2nd, 2017, 11:21 pm
For all the years you've been an enthusiast it still surprises me you have yet to experience it.

Seriously, get on it man! :P

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Jackluver18 on September 3rd, 2017, 6:29 pm
Does anyone know when the FF website will sell the passes for the houses? Now I saw you can add it onto your season pass during the flash sale and I already paid for my pass and I went to add it on there and you can't now until the sale is over? The passes are 29.99 and I was told my Guest Relations that it's gonna go up after the sale is over tomorrow. Which sucks but I will still buy it nonetheless. I'm just curious to know when the FF site will sell the passes as of right now it says "Coming Soon"
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby n9yty on September 3rd, 2017, 8:02 pm
Just noticed they posted show times for some of the entertainment...

In paricular, Ringmaster's Cabaret is set as:
Fridays: 7:30 pm
Saturdays: 4:00 pm, 6:45 pm, 9:00 pm
Sundays: 4:00 pm, 6:45 pm

Love At First Fright times not yet posted.

It will be interesting to see how they interleave if they are really both in the Grand Music Hall.

I guess they aren't having a Dead Man's Party or using the Wilderness Theater this year... ???
n9yty

Postby Jackluver18 on September 3rd, 2017, 8:53 pm
I didn't see DMP last year but I think Ringmaster's Cabaret is Dead Man's Party revamped.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 3rd, 2017, 10:21 pm
The Mardi Gras Stage did appear to have an extension added to it, so maybe that could be the location of a new show?

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby chrisisdragon on September 4th, 2017, 1:39 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:The Mardi Gras Stage did appear to have an extension added to it, so maybe that could be the location of a new show?

Yes its going to be the The Cavalcade of the Odd
chrisisdragon

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 4th, 2017, 9:29 pm
someone start a countdown to #TT2 :D
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 494
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby RollingCoasting on September 4th, 2017, 10:21 pm
Here ya' go https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... nt=cursive

Also it looks like September 15th was removed from the operating schedule. :? Hmmm...
RollingCoasting

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 4th, 2017, 10:27 pm
Im so pumped y'all don't understand I would take #TT2 over every ride excluding Goliath lmao. And even that is a close call.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Jackluver18 on September 5th, 2017, 11:53 am
RollingCoasting wrote:Here ya' go https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... nt=cursive

Also it looks like September 15th was removed from the operating schedule. :? Hmmm...

It's possible that's a buyout date
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 7th, 2017, 11:53 pm
Okay so I am submitting a senior "now and then" for the yearbook and I found a picture of me from 2003 at Cedar Point on the bumper cars. I want to submit it but I do not have the "now" picture. So I was thinking of taking it on the bumper cars at SFGAm... but I just realized... don't they board up Rue Le Dodge for Fright Fest? Surely I couldn't recreate the picture if its boarded up. I haven't ridden RLD during FF, what is it like inside? Really want to submit this photo but I don't think I can submit the "now" picture when the park opens back up in April.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby MrsTaxi on September 8th, 2017, 3:07 am
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Okay so I am submitting a senior "now and then" for the yearbook and I found a picture of me from 2003 at Cedar Point on the bumper cars. I want to submit it but I do not have the "now" picture. So I was thinking of taking it on the bumper cars at SFGAm... but I just realized... don't they board up Rue Le Dodge for Fright Fest? Surely I couldn't recreate the picture if its boarded up. I haven't ridden RLD during FF, what is it like inside? Really want to submit this photo but I don't think I can submit the "now" picture when the park opens back up in April.

Ok. Rue Le Morgue is lit up inside while boarding. Once the ride starts all the lights go out and the music plays. Fog machine inside as well. You could probably take the pic before the ride starts. Inside the que its set up like a morgue.....body bags and what not. Hope this helps.
MrsTaxi

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 8th, 2017, 11:49 am
MrsTaxi wrote:
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Okay so I am submitting a senior "now and then" for the yearbook and I found a picture of me from 2003 at Cedar Point on the bumper cars. I want to submit it but I do not have the "now" picture. So I was thinking of taking it on the bumper cars at SFGAm... but I just realized... don't they board up Rue Le Dodge for Fright Fest? Surely I couldn't recreate the picture if its boarded up. I haven't ridden RLD during FF, what is it like inside? Really want to submit this photo but I don't think I can submit the "now" picture when the park opens back up in April.

Ok. Rue Le Morgue is lit up inside while boarding. Once the ride starts all the lights go out and the music plays. Fog machine inside as well. You could probably take the pic before the ride starts. Inside the que its set up like a morgue.....body bags and what not. Hope this helps.

So the Rue Le Dodge gets transformed similarly as Chubasco?? I didn't know that!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum