Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Promo days in July/August - so I dont go then

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby HuskieJohn on June 22nd, 2017, 9:39 am
Can you please let me know when all of the promo days are from July 17th until the end of the season.

I am trying to plan when to go for a single trip this year and I want to avoid the promo days if at all possiable.

I tried to look them up but it appears that you need a pass registered just to view the dates of the promos now.

Thanks!
HuskieJohn

Postby RollingCoasting on June 22nd, 2017, 11:46 am
2017discountdays.png
RollingCoasting

Postby UWW-10 on June 22nd, 2017, 1:01 pm
Promos or not, any day you try to plan in Mid-July through August are going to be busy no matter what.

Just something to keep in mind as you make your decision.
UWW-10

Postby HuskieJohn on June 22nd, 2017, 1:58 pm
Thanks for the list! Looks like with our ticket restrictions and existing plans we will be shooting for some day between 7/31 & 8/3.

Yes its busy no matter what I just want to avoid those special days with all those lovely extra people running around.
HuskieJohn

Postby RollingCoasting on June 22nd, 2017, 2:18 pm
Shoot, I forgot to mention but they actually added another BAFF session July 31st-August 15th so that unfortunately would be during the dates you want to go. (And those are also the final days of RTS so that'd be a miserable time to visit.

If possible, I'd recommend rescheduling for September 4th, 16th, or 17th, or October 9th, as those will likely be the least crowded days post-July 31st due to the excessive amount of promo days this year
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on June 22nd, 2017, 4:24 pm
^ The thing is, after July 31st (Timeframe where his trip will take place), there are barely any non-promo weekdays...

I blacked out all of the BAFF dates:

BAFF2017july.png

He has the most options in July, but that wouldn't align with his given trip date.

baff2017august.png

August is a disaster... Honestly the BAF for half off don't really change much so the 16th-18th would be the best

baff2017september.png

There is 2 weekdays in September to choose from I guess - 4th, 16th, 17th, and 29th would be the best

BAFF2017october.png

SFGAm management is smart... There's no BAFF dates in October as those weekends will be packed by default. The Sundays or October 9th (Columbus Day, Monday) would be the least crowded

baff2017november.png

November will probably be pretty busy
RollingCoasting

Postby HuskieJohn on June 27th, 2017, 8:52 am
Thanks for the update.

Ya my kids have the free reading passes from school so I will be one of those families this time around.

July 17th thru the 22nds looks perfect but unfortunately I come back from a 3000 mile road trip with the family on July 16th and I have a wedding rehearsal on the 21nd...so that week is really bad for us.

Seems like the best is the half price days...at least its not the free day.

Thanks for the help...especially with the calendar...you really didn't have to do all that for me.
HuskieJohn

Postby Necropolis on July 26th, 2017, 11:08 pm
Thanks to whoever started this thread. I too like to avoid the promo/BAFF days. In my experience once you hit mid June - August, those two and a half months are busy. So I usually shoot to go to the park during the first few weeks it's open as well as the first two weeks of Fright Fest.

And WOW....is the park really open the first two Fridays and Saturdays in November? :o I've never seen them do that, then again it'll be 2 or 3 years I haven't gone to the park. That's great to see! Though I'm pondering if it'll be busy or if people will assume the park closes for the season around Halloween and then those other days in November will be dead?
Necropolis

Postby momlovescoasters on July 27th, 2017, 8:21 am
I went in November last year and it was packed. I won't do that again.
momlovescoasters

Postby Wisco Woody on July 27th, 2017, 9:01 am
I'll be bringing a friend tomorrow, Friday, with bring a friend for half price. I'm hoping it won't be horribly packed in the first half of the day, but I don't hold out much hope for the 2nd half and evening.
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on July 27th, 2017, 1:10 pm
I wouldn't worry too much, BAF 1/2 off doesn't really seem to effect crowds too much from my experience. Yesterday was surprisingly light crowds for a hot end of July day. Station wait for Batman, half of Joker's tent queue, Goliath only using a few rows in the queue house, line for JLBFM only inside the building, etc. It is a Friday so I'd imagine it'll be a bit more crowded, but not too crazy.

And here comes doubleb's comment about how this is proof of Q2 Droppings....
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 27th, 2017, 1:23 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I wouldn't worry too much, BAF 1/2 off doesn't really seem to effect crowds too much from my experience. Yesterday was surprisingly light crowds for a hot end of July day. Station wait for Batman, half of Joker's tent queue, Goliath only using a few rows in the queue house, line for JLBFM only inside the building, etc. It is a Friday so I'd imagine it'll be a bit more crowded, but not too crazy.

And here comes doubleb's comment about how this is proof of Q2 Droppings....

I was there yesterday too. 27 total rides in 8.5 hours (only 3 "rerides"). The longest wait actually could have been Dark Knight so I didn't go on it! I'm not making that up.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby iowairish on July 31st, 2017, 11:34 am
Can someone confirm whether July 31 to Aug. 4 are bring a friend for free days.
iowairish

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 31st, 2017, 2:01 pm
^From what I see on my benefits (and I have the highest pass), they are not Bring a Friend Free days. Half price friends are Aug 7 -11, and the next bring a friend free is Aug 21-25, and those days stink in my opinion. By than, you have no waterpark open on weekdays, the Wisconsin kids are still off. Also, they might have even closed the train, and Roaring Rapids.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum