Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2018 rumors, thoughts and speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 21st, 2017, 9:53 pm
^ I'm starting to think that too just cause there hasn't been any other readers elsewhere.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on August 21st, 2017, 11:22 pm
Let's be honest, a super loop isn't the best but it wouldn't be a horrible flat addition. I would much rather see a skywarp cause it's interesting but as a flat not a coaster. I would also love to see a Skyscreamer & a Disko coaster in the park at sometime as well.
gottastrata33

Postby maxwellt on August 21st, 2017, 11:24 pm
I measured it out, and a skywarp can barely squeeze in where king chaos is, but it would barely fit
maxwellt

Postby staticshadows on August 21st, 2017, 11:42 pm
maxwellt wrote:I measured it out, and a skywarp can barely squeeze in where king chaos is, but it would barely fit

It looks like it would fit fine. A Mega Disk'O has a larger footprint and could fit there. They could even cut the evergreen trees down and build over the old foundation for The Edge on the other side of the trees if they needed more room.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on August 22nd, 2017, 4:37 am
I'm guessing it's going to be an S&S Twisted Looper, possible names being Hurricane Force 5, Storm Chaser or Cyclone, and they will market it as the first of it's kind in the world. I'm not willing to bet money on it but that's what I think it might be, lol
Nothing to see here....
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby RollingCoasting on August 22nd, 2017, 9:59 am
Screenshot_20170822-095735.png

Maybe we'll see new things added to the gators in every teaser?
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 22nd, 2017, 10:07 am
Hard hats? Hmmm..i have no clue what that could mean.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on August 22nd, 2017, 10:15 am
I was sure that having the official KC news would mean the next teasers would have to be more interesting (either another location if there is one or something about the ride). But nope...
anewman35

Postby staticshadows on August 22nd, 2017, 11:45 am
It really does sound we are getting one new ride.
CHICAGO (CBS) — As the summer winds to a close, Six Flags Great America is already looking forward to next season.

The amusement park will be welcoming an exciting addition in 2018.

But in order to make room for new thrills, another ride must say goodbye.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/08/22/ ... w-thrills/

Here is an unlikely to happen idea. Put a Giant Discovery where Johnny Rockets is and build a new restaurant where King Chaos is.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 22nd, 2017, 11:59 am
If it's only one thing, I bet it'll be a world's first or North America's first. Twisted Looper? Skywarp? Blender?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on August 22nd, 2017, 12:03 pm
staticshadows wrote:It really does sound we are getting one new ride.
CHICAGO (CBS) — As the summer winds to a close, Six Flags Great America is already looking forward to next season.

The amusement park will be welcoming an exciting addition in 2018.

But in order to make room for new thrills, another ride must say goodbye.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/08/22/ ... w-thrills/

Here is an unlikely to happen idea. Put a Giant Discovery where Johnny Rockets is and build a new restaurant where King Chaos is.

From reading that article, it seems possible (if not likely) that it was written off entirely off the tweet and they don't have any inside info from the park. So I'm not too sure I'd read too much into it.

This may be wishful thinking, but it almost seems TOO obvious that it's only a new flat ride replacing King Chaos. So maybe they're trying to lure us into thinking we know what's happening, then they hit us with something else (i.e. the water park stuff from Screamscape...)
anewman35

Postby staticshadows on August 22nd, 2017, 12:39 pm
^I was thinking the same thing about a water park addition, especially if they make it a separate admission park.

The DailyHerald has an official quote in their short article, but it is very vague.
http://www.dailyherald.com/entlife/2017 ... at-america
staticshadows

Postby JimPanky on August 22nd, 2017, 12:42 pm
We know King Chaos is leaving. I'm willing to bet the teasers are just towards the name and not the ride type at all. The storm references and ocean liner theming means the name will be related to typhoon, hurricane, cyclone, tsunami, etc. Again that's just for the name. I don't feel we know the ride or ride type.
Last edited by JimPanky on August 22nd, 2017, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimPanky

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on August 22nd, 2017, 12:50 pm
Could something like Superman at Discover Kingdom fit in that plot of land that King Chaos occupies?
Nothing to see here....
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 22nd, 2017, 12:51 pm
We aren't getting a rollercoaster this year, but i wish we were.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JimPanky on August 22nd, 2017, 1:04 pm
Agreed. Most likely a flat.
JimPanky

Postby coasterfanatic on August 22nd, 2017, 1:07 pm
Welp, according to my sources (which are usually spot on), King Chaos will be removed (as previously mentioned) to make way for the tallest (at 100 feet) SuperLoop called Hurricane Force 5. Six Flags will likely market this as a coaster thus giving us 16 coasters next year.

While this announcement is disappointing seeing as Great America will be adding one of the most pointless and generic carnival rides imaginable (a SuperLoop can literally be found AT EVERY carnival), it's better the double SuperLoop.

HF5 will be a part of Mardi Gras as Great America continues to name rides that have nothing to do with the area that it is in.
coasterfanatic

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 22nd, 2017, 1:11 pm
16th coaster? Maybe this could potentially put us back on the map? Not like Goliath, but the tallest superloop is so cool! Yeah, its a carnival ride, but still neat.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby staticshadows on August 22nd, 2017, 1:17 pm
They can name it whatever they want, I will always call it The Stargate.
staticshadows

Postby coasterfanatic on August 22nd, 2017, 1:19 pm
I am not certain if they will market it as a coaster or not, but I believe the other parks that have a SuperLoop have marketed it as a coaster.

I assume Great America would do the same.
coasterfanatic

Postby RollingCoasting on August 22nd, 2017, 1:24 pm
Don't love the name (Hurricane alone would've been much better) but I'm hoping you're correct coasterfanatic. I'd take a Superloop over a Skywarp any day. Curious what the colors would be. Green and dark blue?
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 22nd, 2017, 1:28 pm
^ I'm imagining light blue and the "flames" look like waves, but I hope they make it match with Mardi Gras colors.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby coasterfanatic on August 22nd, 2017, 1:33 pm
Personally, I am not a big fan of either. I likely won't ride the Superloop. But it is cool that we are getting the tallest one, if those rumors hold true.

I am definitely not sure of the color scheme. Honestly, the Bourbon Street Fireball theme would fit perfectly for Mardi Gras, but with the recent accident involving a ride called Fireball at at a carnival, Six Flags probably wants to shy away from that name.
coasterfanatic

Postby anewman35 on August 22nd, 2017, 1:37 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Personally, I am not a big fan of either. I likely won't ride the Superloop. But it is cool that we are getting the tallest one, if those rumors hold true.

I am definitely not sure of the color scheme. Honestly, the Bourbon Street Fireball theme would fit perfectly for Mardi Gras, but with the recent accident involving a ride called Fireball at at a carnival, Six Flags probably wants to shy away from that name.

If Six Flags is avoiding the name Fireball because of an accident that I'm sure very few people even heard of, but they're willing to use Hurricane when a Hurricane killed tons of people in the place the land is themed to (AND destroyed a Six Flags park there)...I really don't understand Six Flags.
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on August 22nd, 2017, 1:39 pm
Honestly, I'm not offended, I don't personally care. But it's not too far off from having a ride called "Ground Zero" in a New York section. Why take the risk of offending?
anewman35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum