Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2018 rumors, thoughts and speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby staticshadows on August 3rd, 2017, 8:29 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:As for other firsts, A friend who worked at SFGAdv said theyre getting some crazy flat ride that will be a first for the US...but who the hell knows what they know lol

I don't think they would get a Skywarp, best guess I have for a world's first flat ride is a Mondial Blender.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sxmAMO9jg8k
staticshadows

Postby ilrider on August 3rd, 2017, 9:59 pm
staticshadows wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:As for other firsts, A friend who worked at SFGAdv said theyre getting some crazy flat ride that will be a first for the US...but who the hell knows what they know lol

I don't think they would get a Skywarp, best guess I have for a world's first flat ride is a Mondial Blender.

Wow! That thing is nuts!
ilrider

Postby maxwellt on August 3rd, 2017, 11:00 pm
It's like condor and King chaos having a super baby....

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on August 4th, 2017, 4:42 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Yeah our collection is very diverse. & I hope it continues. I'm now aware that the announcement was planned. Im really proud of it to be honest, think it looks like a solid addition. I hope we get a ride exactly like that but Trex style. That one seater-ness looks like a hot mess for a bigger park haha.

As for other firsts, A friend who worked at SFGAdv said theyre getting some crazy flat ride that will be a first for the US...but who the hell knows what they know lol

Agreed 100% A TREX RMC at great America would be incredible!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby LordMagnus101 on August 4th, 2017, 9:44 am
Last year they teased the announcement in the pass holders E-mail at some point. The August E-mail just went out and i don't see any teasers. So should we expect nothing or maybe a smaller announcement this year?
LordMagnus101

Postby LordMagnus101 on August 4th, 2017, 9:47 am
staticshadows wrote:

Looks interesting, but it also looks like it would need a generous amount of space. The only thing that would disappointment is anything for the water park because I never go in there. Selfish reasoning I suppose.
LordMagnus101

Postby anewman35 on August 4th, 2017, 10:42 am
LordMagnus101 wrote:Last year they teased the announcement in the pass holders E-mail at some point. The August E-mail just went out and i don't see any teasers. So should we expect nothing or maybe a smaller announcement this year?

I just checked last year's passholder emails. There was one on 7/27 and one on 8/10, neither of which had any teasers at all. The one on 8/24 had a very generic teaser that I think was used for all Six Flags parks.

They don't usually tease in emails from what I recall. Usually just over Youtube and social media...
anewman35

Postby staticshadows on August 4th, 2017, 11:42 am
I was messing around with links on the Six Flags website. Fiesta Texas and Over Georgia appear to be the only parks with links for 2018 up. I wonder if Over Georgia is going to announce early to get in front of the Hurler and Mean Streak announcements on the 16th.

Fiesta Texas:
https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/attractions/newfor2018
Over Georgia:
https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/attractions/newfor2018
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on August 4th, 2017, 1:14 pm
I can't tell if the Blender looks fun or not that great at all lol but my friend insists it's gonna be a "Tourbillon" & Im trying to inform him that the park said "Worlds First" & hat ride would not be. So like I said wth do they know ;)

I think this year is gonna be huge for the chain but not necessarily for us. I'm starting to even doubt the water coaster/addition. But I'd still love a surprise ;) maybe we will get a some flats & that kiddie coaster in the ropes course plot. ITS SO UGLY FIX IT PRETTY ;D
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on August 4th, 2017, 2:29 pm
Atleast we have a good chance at being the next park to get a flat package (Which we need most in my opinion)
RollingCoasting

Postby Absimilliard on August 4th, 2017, 9:47 pm
An ABC Rides Tourbillion is actually on sale here: http://fab.lu/wp-content/uploads/2017/0 ... llon-2.pdf . Knowing that Six Flags purchased used flat rides in the past, there is a slight possibility they could be buying it.
Absimilliard

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 5th, 2017, 8:19 pm
I would love to see the Blender at our park. Maybe taking either King Chaos' s spot or Bumper Cars.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 5th, 2017, 11:12 pm
staticshadows wrote:I wonder if Over Georgia is going to announce early to get in front of the Hurler and Mean Streak announcements on the 16th.

I doubt it. To me it seems like Georgia Cyclone is already overshadowed by both Hurler and Mean Streak, and it's not like Georgia Cyclone will out-do Mean Streak.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 5th, 2017, 11:44 pm
Off topic, but was doubleb/schoup banned?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RollingCoasting on August 6th, 2017, 12:35 am
Even better, his account was deleted :)
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on August 6th, 2017, 1:18 am
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:
staticshadows wrote:I wonder if Over Georgia is going to announce early to get in front of the Hurler and Mean Streak announcements on the 16th.

I doubt it. To me it seems like Georgia Cyclone is already overshadowed by both Hurler and Mean Streak, and it's not like Georgia Cyclone will out-do Mean Streak.

It may not be better, but I also HIGHLY doubt it's gonna be a bad ride either. RMC has been hookin it up for Six Flags for a while now so Over Georgia will be just fine. I'm excited to see how it turns out. I also am very curious to see how many parks get a coaster this year.
gottastrata33

Postby JaminOut on August 7th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Screamscape has reported a rumor that the following may come to Great America:

-Custom sized Larson Loop in Trailblazer’s spot
-Custom layout Thunder Rapids
-New kids splash pad
-New gift shop/restaurant (HH)
-And completely separating the water and dry parks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby maxwellt on August 7th, 2017, 11:47 pm
Custom sized....hmm... interesting.... And separating the 2 parks in my opinion is stupid

maxwellt

Postby RollingCoasting on August 7th, 2017, 11:50 pm
Part of me feels like somebody just sent that in for laughs but I would love if it was true.

Larson superloops are really fun to begin with, but a custom sized one and filling in a space that's been vacant for 11 years? Double win. Hurricane Harbor could also use another restaurant to help with capacity and a splash pad upgrade wouldn't be a terrible idea either. A water coaster would be an excellent addition to the lineup as well.

I'd be content with this :)
RollingCoasting

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 8th, 2017, 12:08 am
If the waterpark pass is something like Magic Mountain's pass is, I think I might be done with the waterpark for at least a year. It's $45 more at Magic Mountain right now. That's $180 more for a family of 4. I haven't even gone on any of those water rides this year. It makes sense though that they would create a separate waterpark entrance because they are doing it with the outside "only season pass" holders entrance. That would be the new entrance, but maybe they would make it even bigger.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby gottastrata33 on August 8th, 2017, 1:18 am
I'll be honest with you, aside from the separate entrances (this is in a small town in IL I don't think multiple admissions would work well but who knows) I think if allll of that came here next year, I'd be very happy. Because you are expanding the water park in the best way possible. A huge new attraction, a restaurant, shopping area & kids area to disperse more people to other places in an already packed water park. It's a massive win in my opinion. The superloop to me is basically them saying "you don't need anything in the park this year but you know what, here you go" as a bonus. If this is true & any one complains, itll make no fxxking sense.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on August 8th, 2017, 4:44 am
If this comes true, do you think they will demolish the pictorium and put the waterpark expansion there? or rip up some more parking lot?
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby maxwellt on August 8th, 2017, 6:56 am
Idk, I hope they rip up parking lot, but they might take out the pictorium. And I mean, people may be mad it's a new season pass to buy, bt six flags is a business, and they'll do anything to cop some cash from us. It's a good strategy however, and I never go to the water park so for me idrc

maxwellt

Postby anewman35 on August 8th, 2017, 8:36 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:If the waterpark pass is something like Magic Mountain's pass is, I think I might be done with the waterpark for at least a year. It's $45 more at Magic Mountain right now. That's $180 more for a family of 4. I haven't even gone on any of those water rides this year. It makes sense though that they would create a separate waterpark entrance because they are doing it with the outside "only season pass" holders entrance. That would be the new entrance, but maybe they would make it even bigger.

That's RIGHT NOW. If you buy in the Labor Day Flash Sale (as I'd hope most of us do), they include Hurricane Harbor passes free.

I'd think one benefit of this is that some years for the standalone water parks they give both the main park and the water park something new, that never happens for us now...
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on August 8th, 2017, 8:47 am
gottastrata33 wrote:I'll be honest with you, aside from the separate entrances (this is in a small town in IL I don't think multiple admissions would work well but who knows) I think if allll of that came here next year, I'd be very happy.

Gurnee is not a "small town", it's a suburb between a giant city and another good sized city. It's no different than Great Adventure.
anewman35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum