Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2018 rumors, thoughts and speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby illinoiscoasters on July 26th, 2017, 2:03 pm
I'm sorry if there was something else rumored, but I've thought for a long time they would be getting a flat ride package. I photoshopped my prediction.

illinoiscoasters

Postby gottastrata33 on July 26th, 2017, 6:15 pm
Honestly, I want a Wonder Woman themed attraction but I want it to be big. Not a skyscreamer. Ive said it before but if they don't name it the Great American Skyscreamer, I see that as a total missed opportunity haha
gottastrata33

Postby Muck Finnesota on July 27th, 2017, 12:17 am
If GAm ever got a Sky Screamer and didn't name it Sky Whirl- that would be a missed opportunity.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 27th, 2017, 1:12 am
Sorry I don't have a pic, you'll have to take my word for it, but the park is currently removing/deconstructing part of the old Trailblazer queue. You can see this best while riding Demon(on the first drop).

Take this info as you will.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on July 27th, 2017, 1:27 am
I noticed that as well. I initially thought nothing of it but now it does seem a bit peculiar that they'd just tear it down for no reason 11 years later. I'd love if they filled that void with a compact thrill ride of some sort. S&S Twisted Looper? (Would that even fit? I honestly don't know). World's first wing-seating shuttle loop ride? :P :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on July 27th, 2017, 4:24 am
Fright Fest prep? Hmm.

Oh god no winged twisted shuttle super loop thing. Lol

I wonder if any rumors/leaks are gonna pop out soon or if we're gonna get hit with another new for 2012 SUF shock lol
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 27th, 2017, 4:27 am
Something for Fright Fest...
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on July 27th, 2017, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Wisco Woody on July 27th, 2017, 9:06 am
Hopefully there's enough room there to fit ... a giant Discovery frisbee. It would be a perfect addition to Southwest Territory if you focused on the lasso aspect of Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth. No no, think of it! Wonder Woman taming the wild West.
Wisco Woody

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 27th, 2017, 1:04 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Wisco Woody wrote:RMC Eagle is the ace up the sleeve of the entire Six Flags chain to outdo the future RMC additions by Cedar Point and any other major park in the entire Midwest and Northern US. Eagle is the perfect candidate, as a Twisted Colossus style iron horse layout would be about 6000 to 7500 ft long for about $15 million or under, extrapolating the around $10 million cost of TC.

All they would need to do is shorten up the airtime hills on red side, add a couple inversions and banks in the straight sections that already have supports, especially on blue side, and then treat the giant helix the exact same way they treated the turnaround on TC. The supports are there, the layout is there, and the drop and speed are definitely there, it's just hard for many to realize how massive Eagle's structure is since it is built in a 20 ft deep ditch. Notice that they only repainted the lift hill support structure pure white, and have done nothing with the track or trains except minor and normal retracking.

Woody, I like this idea! And I don't think it's delusional at all. The hypothesis on the repainting is quite plausible. And then instead of having 4 wooden coasters, they can say we have TWO RMC coasters, one built from Ground up and one a convert.
Another reason that this makes sense is the that the Eagle used to be the crown jewel of the park back in the 80s (and even after Shock Wave was built, I'd argue). Converting this coaster will be highly visible and this once marquis ride could become the crown jewel once again, for the park!

BTW, if they do Iron Horse the American Eagle, I'll bet the house it
will be called "Steel Eagle" !! I've been thinking of that name for a long time!

Here's another facet to my "prediction" Eagle: They make the conversion in 2021, when Eagle has it's 40 birthday!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 27th, 2017, 1:22 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Honestly, I want a Wonder Woman themed attraction but I want it to be big. Not a skyscreamer. Ive said it before but if they don't name it the Great American Skyscreamer, I see that as a total missed opportunity haha

I still predict Giant Drop comes down in 2019 and a Skyscreamer named Southwest Whirlwind goes in its place! They already have all the queue lines for Giant Drop setup!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 27th, 2017, 1:31 pm
doubleb wrote:Thanks for proving in your own words what I already knew. You're an intellectually weak person with a severe inferiority complex. Dispelling wilful ignorance upsets you and your homers. Dispelling your delusions of SFGam grandeur is entertaining, People like you are why we are a society increasingly of idiots. It''s how we have a generation that have largely accomplished little, but all think they are great. This has been shown by studies on their perceived worth to actual abilities in subjects and tasks. We have become a society afraid to call stupid and illogical that, which is every post you make almost. You start crying when your ignorance and lack of logical is pointed out. You're the example of a society that pretends there is equal value in illogical BS and coherence. Hence, why a bunch of idiots voted a conman and demagogue into office as President. You're sure one of them. I'm the "kid in class" that waited for the teacher to cal; on the ignorant kid, surely you, who didn't have the answer and then I gave the right answer, I'm the kid who grew up to go to the best schools and graduated magna cum laude, while you went to CC or the state school and struggled to get C's and lead to your subsistence level in life and noting more. I'm the guy who retires at 40 with 8 figures and you're the guy just bright enough to cut my lawn without cutting off any appendages.

There are no signs of RMC AE, just you're delusions your well known for. You're the kind of delusional fanboy that I see post on other forums SF is going to build a giga or dive. It's nonsensical fantasy, SF will continue to build cheap coasters b/c you homers will buy season passes forever and be content with cheap clones. The max number of homers like you has peaked and Q2 earnings will be the first display of that.

This pretty much PROVES that doubleb = schoup = bbd (not that anyone doubted that for a minute!)
This is the smoking gun!! Nice masquerade act schoup/bbd/doubleb

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 27th, 2017, 1:43 pm
^ Umm, thanks!! It's not on "obsession" but an observation! It's not hard to miss.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Wisco Woody on July 27th, 2017, 5:03 pm
doubleb is a sad, pathetic MESS! He's upset that Trump and Hank Salemi, who ruined his superloop prediction, are making Great America great again!
Wisco Woody

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 27th, 2017, 5:16 pm
^Trump is one of the worst presidents in the history of the United States. Right now, part of his party is even against him about the healthcare bill. What did Trump do to make America great at all?
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Wisco Woody on July 27th, 2017, 5:53 pm
^ SAD!!
Wisco Woody

Postby sfgam1976 on July 27th, 2017, 6:13 pm
doubleb wrote:
Wisco Woody wrote:doubleb is a sad, pathetic MESS! He's upset that Trump and Hank Salemi, who ruined his superloop prediction, are making Great America great again!

Always knew you were dumb and thus were a Trump supporter. Now go find some other group to blame for your miserable state in life, as that's what the demagogue Trump, got you idiots to do.

doubleb wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ Umm, thanks!! It's not on "obsession" but an observation! It's not hard to miss.

You're obsession and inferiority complex is noted, it's on full display in the other thread.

Your*
Funny that this mistake is coming from someone who spends 50% of his posts talking about how stupid everyone else is. VERY SAD!!
sfgam1976

Postby Katana on July 27th, 2017, 6:23 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^Trump is one of the worst presidents in the history of the United States. Right now, part of his party is even against him about the healthcare bill. What did Trump do to make America great at all?

He's been in office for six months, Jesus Christ the hyperbole of some people. :roll:
You can put it on the board...yes!
Katana

Postby anewman35 on July 27th, 2017, 6:36 pm
Ok, guys, seriously. I know we have certian posters that some people don't like. But can we avoid the name calling and politics and stuff and at least try to stick to staying on topic?
anewman35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 27th, 2017, 7:25 pm
anewman35 wrote:Ok, guys, seriously. I know we have certian posters that some people don't like. But can we avoid the name calling and politics and stuff and at least try to stick to staying on topic?
Seriously, this 1000 times. This forum has gone down the gutter ever since doubleb joined. Everyone, please do yourselves a favor and don't give him attention. Giving him attention means he won. If you just ignore him, we can go back to discussing things in peace. He's the only one that believes what he says.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 27th, 2017, 7:55 pm
I wonder if the Trailblazer spot has something to do with the 2018 addition...possibly a..superloop? :)
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JaminOut on July 27th, 2017, 8:06 pm
I think Trailblazer’s spot will be used for Fright Fest. It was previously used for Manslaughter’s line, but that maze has been around for too long. Hopefully it’s an improved Infestation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Jackluver18 on July 27th, 2017, 8:24 pm
If you go on Demon and look down, they were demolishing Manslaughter's line when I went on Sunday.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby Coaster Cast on July 28th, 2017, 10:51 am
Honestly, I think there are 4 different routes Six Flags could take for 2018. The first of which I think will be the removal of V2 (Send it to our dumping ground park) and the addition of a coaster in the area behind Loggers Run. The second likely option, is in Trailblazer's old spot, the addition of a Skywarp. We already know that Six Flags has already purchased at least one skywarp, and Great America is one of the parks that doesn't have a super loop, so it would fit well. The third route they could take is the addition of a water coaster (maybe in place of the Pictorium building). The 4th option is a simple family rides package with maybe a sky screamer as the main attraction. Also, on the topic of RMC Eagle, I think it will happen in 2019-2021. The main argument against this is that RMC is a young company and needs more time to spread out their product. B&M opened their first coaster (Iron Wolf) in 1990 at Six Flags Great America. Their second coaster (Batman The Ride) opened in 1992 at the same park. B&M at this point is one of the most, if not the most successful and reliable manufacturer. Another argument is the paint. As mentioned earlier, only the support structure was painted, while nothing was done to the tracks or trains. My third and final reason has to do with legal issues. Six Flags has to go to the Village of Gurnee for permits. The Village has stated that if American Eagle were to ever be torn down, nothing new could go in it's place due to the location (Right next to a major highway). Six Flags converting Eagle into a hybrid would not only bring back attention to the once famous eagle, but the polyurethane wheels and the I-Box track RMC uses would make the ride much quieter than it already is. (Think about how much noise that Anti-Rollback before the helix makes)
Coaster Cast

Postby staticshadows on July 28th, 2017, 11:54 am
Coaster Cast wrote:Six Flags has to go to the Village of Gurnee for permits. The Village has stated that if American Eagle were to ever be torn down, nothing new could go in it's place due to the location (Right next to a major highway).

This is complete BS and I challenge you to go read the zoning ordinance on Gurnee's website. If you can't backup this claim, stop spreading this nonsense.

The park is zoned C-5 under Article 5. Commercial Districts
http://www.gurnee.il.us/docs/default-source/planning/zoning_ordinance_villageofgurnee.pdf
staticshadows

Postby anewman35 on July 28th, 2017, 11:55 am
I believe it's been confirmed that the idea that they couldn't rebuild on the site of the Eagle isn't actually true
anewman35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum