Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2018 rumors, thoughts and speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on August 15th, 2017, 12:12 am
Maybe the storm is "Pulsar" ;D LOL

But I don't see a record coming here for us this year guys. But I do see a water coaster (slide) coming, just a great solid fun addition not necessarily a "first" or record breaking one.
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 15th, 2017, 3:43 am
RollingCoasting wrote:
great america fan wrote:and 1,019.4 ft respectively

Whizzer Whiz Kid reminded me - That is the same length as The Joker's track

You just reminded me. Remember, the Trailblazer was a Zamperla JOKER.. So, that's why you have the track length.
http://www.flatrides.com/rides/joker.html

Things just bother me about it being an orange lifesaver, and it relating to boats - Yankee Clipper boats are orange. They can still get rid of Yankee Clipper, but than put a new water ride in the water park.

Than, you have the thing about a ride that could have moved a lot, and maybe getting bigger. Yes, there was Revolution which came from another park, but look at the swings. The swings were moved 3 times, and they haven't updated the bulbs on the swings either like they did for Triple Play. Six Flags is with these Sky Screamers. They could fit a Sky Screamer in Southwest Territory in Trailblazer's spot, and than get rid of Whirligig (3rd time moved). To me, it seems like Six Flags likes to get rid of stuff instead of just adding stuff, so if you are just adding a ride to Trailblazer, it just doesn't make sense, but maybe..

The lifesaver can even mean that King Chaos is actually safe. So, if they move the lifesaver to Triple Play next, than to me might mean it might not leaving at all. These things give me a headache - teasers.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on August 15th, 2017, 7:38 am
Sky Screamer is not happening this year unless it's an especially small Sky Screamer, and since there's no real point to an especially small Sky Screamer I'm assuming that's not happening.
anewman35

Postby JaminOut on August 15th, 2017, 7:49 am
Nothing will be over 120 feet tall. Great America is not on the zoning plan board meeting that’s coming up soon, and they’d be stupid to try to get approval after the ride is announced. (Anyone remember The Dark Knight at one of the other parks?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby anewman35 on August 15th, 2017, 7:55 am
JaminOut wrote:Nothing will be over 120 feet tall. Great America is not on the zoning plan board meeting that’s coming up soon, and they’d be stupid to try to get approval after the ride is announced. (Anyone remember The Dark Knight at one of the other parks?)

The limit has been raised to 200 feet as long as it's not within 500 feet of houses. Still lower than most SkyScreamers, though.
anewman35

Postby maxwellt on August 15th, 2017, 8:29 am
This is the best time of the year. With all this speculation I just don't know what the heck is gonna happen anymore lolol. This looks to be a good year for the amusement industry

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby staticshadows on August 15th, 2017, 9:59 am
More odd bits of info that probably mean nothing:
-In 2004, the park received 5 rides, rebranded a section of the park, and repainted Batman.
-That ship was named SS Fedor Shalyapin from 1973-2004, but was only registered to the port of Valletta from 1991-2001. It was scrapped in 2004.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Ivernia
-Trailblazer operated from 1996-2006 before it was scrapped.
-Condor opened at Great America in 1991.
http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Condor.htm
-In 1991, the IMAX screen in the Pictorium was upgraded to allow 650 people to view 3D movies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Flags_Great_America#Wesray_era_.281987.E2.80.931991.29
Last edited by staticshadows on August 15th, 2017, 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 15th, 2017, 10:02 am
Id honestly be happy if they added Coke Freestyle Machines in every restaurant in the park for 2018.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on August 15th, 2017, 10:22 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Id honestly be happy if they added Coke Freestyle Machines in every restaurant in the park for 2018.

Only if it's self-service. I can't imagine how much worse the lines would be if the cashiers had to figure out every weird drink.
anewman35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 15th, 2017, 10:56 am
Yes, self service. Like the one in trudy' s sweet shop
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 15th, 2017, 12:04 pm
anewman35 wrote:
JaminOut wrote:Nothing will be over 120 feet tall. Great America is not on the zoning plan board meeting that’s coming up soon, and they’d be stupid to try to get approval after the ride is announced. (Anyone remember The Dark Knight at one of the other parks?)

The limit has been raised to 200 feet as long as it's not within 500 feet of houses. Still lower than most SkyScreamers, though.

Well, that's good than. Whirligig being safe, and the park doesn't need a Skyscreamer anyway. They better leave my Condor alone. :x

This is a Proslide Hyrdro Magnetic Rocket ride:
http://www.proslide.com/rides/hydromagnetic-rocket/

^Yankee Clipper, when searching wikipedia is called a Hydro Flume.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby RollingCoasting on August 15th, 2017, 2:12 pm
Just made an interesting over-analyzed observation off of some of the info posted here

The ship was launched in the 1950's and demolished in 2004

Maybe this is hinting to the transformation to a 1950's themed area from Mardi Gras, which of course opened in 2004

WWK gets cred for this name bit but perhaps the name of the rumored Superloop would be "Greezed Lightnin"?
It would not only tie in with the 50's theme, but also kind of with the "Chase the Storm" aspect of the teaser.

If you think about it, Mardi Gras already has a diner and Roaring Rapids theme kind of works... Just retheme Big Easy Balloons and you could market it as a whole new area with 3 new rides since it's Six Flags

Gotta love speculation month
RollingCoasting

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 15th, 2017, 2:33 pm
^Though people seen things going on by Trailblazer / Southwest Territory.. The old Zamperla Joker.

For the 50's thing, I sort of feel like Joker fits in Mardi Gras. It's 1/2 in it, and 1/2 out of it. They used to even have the clowns in Mardi Gras. It's like Joker is the new (jester) wild ride.
Ilovthevu'

Postby gottastrata33 on August 15th, 2017, 4:43 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^Though people seen things going on by Trailblazer / Southwest Territory.. The old Zamperla Joker.

For the 50's thing, I sort of feel like Joker fits in Mardi Gras. It's 1/2 in it, and 1/2 out of it. They used to even have the clowns in Mardi Gras. It's like Joker is the new (jester) wild ride.

Glad you said it, I have thought that since I saw it in person. The colors work so well as a transition from Mardi Gras to the Batman area. So I would be a bit bummed on that if it changed.

As for everything else, I def feel it's all bein way too looked into but as I say, I'd love to be surprised/wrong haha
gottastrata33

Postby RobSFGAm on August 15th, 2017, 8:16 pm
Just some thoughts - If the location (king Chaos) is where it is, could they be considering removing Yankee Clipper (mentioned already) as well and then exapnding that section where Yankee Clipper is? They fact that they move the covered bridge so far to the end of that area would allow for an expansion directly behind the restaurant into the new area once they fill it in. V2 could still go as well this off season and will add even more space. I still wonder how long Roaring Rapids will stay as well (not sure how popular it is as I have not seen crazy long lines for it). That would allow for the area to really be huge - future exapnsion over 2019 as well? When Traffique Jam was there, the amount of space was huge (plus they has Orbit, Gulf Coaster, Sky Bucket station and maybe Davie Jones Dingies too).
HH - I do beleive a aqua coaster is a stretch (And not a possibility for 2018) as St Louis is the closest SF park, the climate of SFGAm is one of the coolest. The additional enterance to HH could also be a possibiliy this year to generate more $$$ at the gate to fund an expansion. Also Great Wolf lodge across the street is being completly remodeled, adding new slides, new outdoor water attractions...does SFGAm wait and not bother to compete in 2018?
RobSFGAm

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 15th, 2017, 8:43 pm
^The old management for Six Flags thought they were buddies with Key Lime Cove. So, this management might still want to be buddies with Great Wolf Lodge. I don't understand how the 2 can be buddies. For Key Lime, it made sense for them to try to be buddies, but not the other way around. If you pay big money to go a hotel with a waterpark, you are going to want to stay at the waterpark in the hotel. Thus, I feel it's Great America's big competition.

So, who knows if Six Flags even cares? They might have Great Wolf Lodge commercials in the park. I don't get it..

Remember though, they also don't have to get the same aqua coaster at St. Louis & Great America. St. Louis can get the circle aqua coaster, and Great America could get a ride that just goes up and down a lot because Great America has less room. I don't know why it matters though. I don't know how many people really travel to both every single year. Both have the "newer" Justice League rides.

Let's pretend Yankee Clipper leaves after this year. Who really knows, but pretend? It's possible because they have been running it a lot compared to many previous years where it would barely be open at all. It seems like they want to "use it". If it happens, to me; this is a HUGE mistake because than you only have people really liking Roaring Rapids & Logger's Run. People are still going to not like Buccaneer Battle. That ride is a failure in my opinion. They should be tearing out Buccaneer Battle instead of going after Yankee Clipper which people will still ride.

Fine, have 3 water rides in the regular park, but out of the 4 Yankee Clipper is not the ride (in my opinion) that they should be taking out. Save Yankee Clipper as long as you can until you find a suitable water ride that will go in the REGULAR park. For 85 / 90 degree days, you do not want everyone just going in the waterpark (plus they couldn't fit, and not everyone loves waterparks / getting in different clothes), and that it.
Ilovthevu'

Postby gottastrata33 on August 15th, 2017, 9:09 pm
I've been to Six Flags St. Louis three times this year, it's a nice change of scenery/environment & rides. I actually really like it there. But my god does it get humid, we're lucky havin a nearby lake haha & JL is def not the same there haha ours is a lot better. But Magic Mountain takes the cake with that one now.

Wellll with all the announcements comin out tomorrow, how many more days do we have? ;D It's Aug. 31st right?
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 15th, 2017, 9:33 pm
Announcements tomorrow?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 15th, 2017, 9:35 pm
He's talking about all of the Cedar Fair announcements. Cedar Point, Kings Dominion, CGA, KBF, Valleyfair, and Silver Dollar City(yes I know they're not Cedar Fair, but still) are all announcing their 2018 additions tomorrow.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby bigtopterrorr on August 16th, 2017, 11:33 am
I think they remove King Chaos, leave the spot alone or maybe put a Sky Screamer there. Maybe put a waterpark expansion and new entrance through the parking lot. A possible water coaster in the former V2 spot which maybe will be removed.
bigtopterrorr

Postby anewman35 on August 16th, 2017, 12:03 pm
bigtopterrorr wrote:I think they remove King Chaos, leave the spot alone or maybe put a Sky Screamer there. Maybe put a waterpark expansion and new entrance through the parking lot. A possible water coaster in the former V2 spot which maybe will be removed.

I keep seeing people here and other places saying "maybe a SkyScreamer". But, again, the only SkyScreamer we could get for 2018 at this point would be under 200 feet, and that seems unlikely.
anewman35

Postby JaminOut on August 16th, 2017, 12:58 pm
bigtopterrorr wrote:I think they remove King Chaos, leave the spot alone or maybe put a Sky Screamer there. Maybe put a waterpark expansion and new entrance through the parking lot. A possible water coaster in the former V2 spot which maybe will be removed.

A water coaster in the dry park? Unless you are talking about a Pulsar (the addition of which I think is unlikely), I think that’s nearly impossible.

Let’s revisit the fact that there really has been little indication that V2 will be leaving at the end of the season.

Lastly, a Skyscreamer would not fit in the space King Chaos is located in and there has been no request for approval to go over 200 feet (zoning board meeting).

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 16th, 2017, 12:59 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:A Larson looper in King Chaos's location? Hell, just call it Power Dive 2.0 lol

This is HILARIOUS! I love the name you chose!

BTW, If people thought King Chaos was uncomfortable, Power Dive was worse in my opinion.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby maxwellt on August 16th, 2017, 2:15 pm
It's practically official everyone....Image

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 16th, 2017, 2:25 pm
I'm fine with King Chaos leaving. Joker kinda just king chaos, but it's a rollercoaster.
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum