Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2018 rumors, thoughts and speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 30th, 2017, 7:35 pm
Does the announcement get leaked earlier than 5? Last year it was 4, right?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 30th, 2017, 7:38 pm
It's 5am eastern time I thought
Which is 4am here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby Foltzy on August 30th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Heh maybe I'll get a glimpse before I hit the hay tonight. Why didn't anyone tell me five AP classes would be a bad idea?
Foltzy

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on August 30th, 2017, 7:55 pm
Its a bad idea.
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 30th, 2017, 7:59 pm
I can't even handle my single honors class right now lmao
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 30th, 2017, 8:12 pm
I could see us getting that tourbillon too..its like KC on steroids. And it looks like it'd fit perfectly.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RollingCoasting on August 30th, 2017, 8:14 pm
Hmmm. Would be kind of weird to market one as NA's first and install another. Maybe for 2020 or so
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 30th, 2017, 8:16 pm
^ I totally forgot about that. I'll stick with the Superloop then.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby WolfsterJ on August 30th, 2017, 8:26 pm
I'd think with 7-8 hours to go, i'll make my final prediction.

The most likely scenario here is a Zamperla Mega Disk'o called Hurricane Force 5, located in the former King Chaos spot. SF has the trademark, the logo, and everything else needed to market it, and it's a family addition. With the past two years being major additions, it seems like this is what will happen.
WolfsterJ

Postby RollingCoasting on August 30th, 2017, 8:36 pm
My last prediction:

Larson Superloop named Hurricane Force 5.
-100-110 ft. tall
-32 passenger trains
-Approximately 27.6 ft. x 100.74 ft. footprint
-Dark blue and yellow paintjob
RollingCoasting

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on August 30th, 2017, 8:37 pm
Looks good to me. I am still team Greezed Lightin' though.
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby maxwellt on August 30th, 2017, 8:57 pm
Either a super loop or a skywarp

maxwellt

Postby anewman35 on August 30th, 2017, 8:59 pm
Flash Sale officially ends on the 4th, but if I recall correctly they usually extend it a few more days.
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 30th, 2017, 9:08 pm
Wait, has anyone brought up the parks last post? "From one king to another" does that mean king will be in the name?!
gottastrata33

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on August 30th, 2017, 9:14 pm
Last post from where?
This is the last one I saw...
https://twitter.com/SFGreat_America/sta ... 2327721985
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 30th, 2017, 9:17 pm
It's on Instagram. I don't think it means anything.
Edit: It looks like the Party Gras alligator. I would love if we names something like king cajun so they could keep the statues.
Last edited by SFGAM_Hog on August 30th, 2017, 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 30th, 2017, 9:18 pm
This post

B&MGuy35

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 30th, 2017, 10:06 pm
To me, whoever puts these things together is way too obsessed with King Chaos leaving. It feels like they are marketing King Chaos as a new ride instead of teasing for a new ride. That to me is a weird strategy. To me, you tell people once that something is leaving, and than you just tease constantly about the new ride.

Pretend, it's 1991 again, and Condor is the new ride. So you tease something like showing people the American Eagle logo, because Eagle is also a bird. Than, you show the Sky Trek Tower because the Condor is a taller ride. Than, you show a ride that spins. You can put a picture of a person in digital form with 4 arms.
A random digitized person has 4 arms: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XvwaJ2J7UJ4/maxresdefault.jpg

I don't get it, and I don't get Six Flags America either. Grim Reaper is going to get rid of 1 attraction. It's also like there is supposed to be more excitement in figuring out what ride is leaving than the ride they are getting???

For Six Flags America, you can't even ride the ride that is going away because the marketing is, is the ride is going away.

Over Texas to me makes more sense in their marketing strategy.

From the constant King Chaos marketing, I can see 500 people who want to go on King Chaos again just because they advertised it so much which is the opposite thing they are trying to accomplish.

I think the whole point is that they probably want people to not worry about the ride closing even though that's what you think the whole thing is about, and on facebook, they think that's what it's about.

The circular lifesaver thing can just be because it's a Larson Looper that they consider a roller coaster.

^In that tweet above, you see an emoji of a roller coaster.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 30th, 2017, 10:31 pm
My money is on the second half of Golia finally getting built. At long last, we'll have GoliaTH.

Also, Superpoop, loop. Whatever. They'll call it Tidal Wave.
Last edited by Muck Finnesota on August 30th, 2017, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby anewman35 on August 30th, 2017, 10:34 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:To me, whoever puts these things together is way too obsessed with King Chaos leaving. It feels like they are marketing King Chaos as a new ride instead of teasing for a new ride. That to me is a weird strategy. To me, you tell people once that something is leaving, and than you just tease constantly about the new ride.

Pretend, it's 1991 again, and Condor is the new ride. So you tease something like showing people the American Eagle logo, because Eagle is also a bird. Than, you show the Sky Trek Tower because the Condor is a taller ride. Than, you show a ride that spins. You can put a picture of a person in digital form with 4 arms.
A random digitized person has 4 arms: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XvwaJ2J7UJ4/maxresdefault.jpg

I don't get it, and I don't get Six Flags America either. Grim Reaper is going to get rid of 1 attraction. It's also like there is supposed to be more excitement in figuring out what ride is leaving than the ride they are getting???

For Six Flags America, you can't even ride the ride that is going away because the marketing is, is the ride is going away.

Over Texas to me makes more sense in their marketing strategy.

From the constant King Chaos marketing, I can see 500 people who want to go on King Chaos again just because they advertised it so much which is the opposite thing they are trying to accomplish.

Keep in mind that the group of people who care about any of this is probably pretty small. It's just us obsessives, they're trying different things to keep it interesting. This certainly wasn't the best year, but it's better than nothing.

Your post did make me think of something that probably isn't happening, but it would make the teasers make a bit more sense - doesn't the Cyborg Cyber Spin thing Great Adventure is getting seem a lot like King Chaos, just more "extreme"? So, like, if we were getting one of those, it sort of makes sense to make people want to go on King Chaos (but better), right?
anewman35

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 30th, 2017, 10:43 pm
^I hope not. That thing just looks so sickening, and I like a bunch of different upside down rides. I can't believe they bought that ride. :shock:
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 30th, 2017, 10:53 pm
My official prediction: Custom Super Loop in KC spot

What I would desire: Cyborg Cyber Spin (clone) for 2019, water park for 2018
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby staticshadows on August 30th, 2017, 10:59 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:My official prediction: Custom Super Loop in KC spot

What I would desire: Cyborg Cyber Spin (clone) for 2019, water park for 2018

I agree, a clone of the taller and faster Giant Discovery at Magic Mountain would also be cool for 2019.
staticshadows

Postby WolfsterJ on August 30th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Minor update, but if you try to go to passes / memberships on the website, you get redirected to the national flash sale page, with a countdown to midnight. Weird how the rides are announced at 4 am but the flash sale starts at midnight? :|
WolfsterJ

Postby anewman35 on August 30th, 2017, 11:46 pm
A few parks (not us) have their Flash Sale up already (example: https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure ... son-passes). Seems pretty much the same as usual, although they give a "one-time, one-ride skip the line pass", that's new...

(A free photo, too!)
anewman35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum