Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2018 rumors, thoughts and speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on August 2nd, 2017, 1:09 pm
maxwellt wrote:Well to be fair, it was between whizzer and shockwave, and everyone thought whizzer should stay, and in my opinion i think by now shockwave would've been demolished by now

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk

Agreed! ShockWave might have lasted a few more seasons, and probably would have been replaced with a B&M Floorless. Until this day, A high capacity mega looper is the one coaster Great America sorely lacks in my opinion. I hope they eventually wreck the flumes and build a large floorless coaster in their place.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Wisco Woody on August 2nd, 2017, 6:32 pm
Six Flags probably views X-Flight as the Park's modern "large megalooper", even though it pales in terms of stats when compared to Gatekeeper or Banshee. Unless it would be a giga coaster, I would not want to see another B&M lift hill coaster at the park, especially not a plain jane floorless or dive coaster. What I would really like to see is a 70+ mph launched B&M, that could be either floorless or better yet a 2nd generation invert in the same style as Banshee but with a launch more powerful than Thunderbird's.
Wisco Woody

Postby rb1 on August 2nd, 2017, 7:16 pm
Agree we could use a good record breaker to compete with CP. But knowing SF skipping B&M or large intamins lately it only mean one thing more clones and recycled ride.
rb1

Postby jmanporty7 on August 2nd, 2017, 9:02 pm
SFGAm could work with Premier to build a launch coaster. Full Throttle at SFMM was only $6 million, right? If so, that fits Six Flags' budget well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 2nd, 2017, 10:06 pm
^You can't always believe wikipedia. $6 million = too good to be true. $6 million = Superman @ Discovery Kingdom, and that might have even went up in price since the first one.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby chicagoperson on August 2nd, 2017, 10:10 pm
We really need another stand out coaster that puts Great America on the map. Besides Goliath there really isn't any "must ride" coasters on enthusiasts' lists...Bull is universally accepted as one of the worst hypers...not saying its a bad ride, just outmatched. X-flight is a strong one, but is fully outmatched by Thunderbird and Gatekeeper. Batman could be considered one i guess because of its historical status, but there are like nine of the exact same thing out there. But other than that, everything is either mediocre or a clone of some kind...
1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Millennium Force 5. The Beast
chicagoperson

Postby gottastrata33 on August 3rd, 2017, 1:42 am
While I will agree we need to keep up & be [more] innovative again, I think we have a great collection of coasters. People do come here in our community for our rides. Maybe not the Gp who aren't locals as much but still a group who does. When I worked at CP, the one park everyone was excited to visit was/is Great America. It's not a horrible collection by any means.

We have a few coasters that sparked nationwide to world wide interest with the obvious ones being Batman & Iron Wolf.

I honestly don't know how much I believe this V2 rumor anymore. I really don't want it leaving & don't see why they would want to remove it. The skyline will change in a bad way haha I'll miss it that's all. I am still leaning towards a water park attraction & I hope this week we see a teaser come out if it's anything "big". But then again, we got a crazy trail of teasers for Hometown Park. So it could be small. That's bound to happen again at some point.
gottastrata33

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 3rd, 2017, 2:13 am
The whole V2 Removal thing was really just wishful thinking on our part that went through some mistranslation. Yes, there were signs that the park could remove it(i.e. no repaint in a while, hefty maintenance, bad capacity, etc.), but there really were never any solid pieces of evidence. Yes, it isn't as popular as it once was, and yes, there are much better replacements, but seeing that the park already said it's staying, and that there have been no removal announcements, it's safe to say that V2 is here to stay.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 3rd, 2017, 2:18 am
If my memory severs me correctly they also said Ragin Cajun was staying only to have it close a few weeks later.

B&MGuy35

Postby RollingCoasting on August 3rd, 2017, 2:47 am
RollingCoasting

Postby MrsTaxi on August 3rd, 2017, 8:35 am
Anyone else hoping for a RMC Raptor? :D Wishful thinking, I know.
MrsTaxi

Postby staticshadows on August 3rd, 2017, 8:47 am
MrsTaxi wrote:Anyone else hoping for a RMC Raptor? :D Wishful thinking, I know.

Maybe 2019 for our park....
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/e ... 534583001/
staticshadows

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 3rd, 2017, 9:24 am
gottastrata33 wrote:While I will agree we need to keep up & be [more] innovative again, I think we have a great collection of coasters. People do come here in our community for our rides. Maybe not the Gp who aren't locals as much but still a group who does. When I worked at CP, the one park everyone was excited to visit was/is Great America. It's not a horrible collection by any means.

We have a few coasters that sparked nationwide to world wide interest with the obvious ones being Batman & Iron Wolf.

I honestly don't know how much I believe this V2 rumor anymore. I really don't want it leaving & don't see why they would want to remove it. The skyline will change in a bad way haha I'll miss it that's all. I am still leaning towards a water park attraction & I hope this week we see a teaser come out if it's anything "big". But then again, we got a crazy trail of teasers for Hometown Park. So it could be small. That's bound to happen again at some point.

I agree that we DO have a solid collection of rides! Plus we've gotten some major rides since 2012.
When I was a teen, we had these coasters:
Whizzer, Demon, Tidal Wave, Eagle, Z-Force (for 3 years) and eventually Shockwave. That's ALL! So we can be thankful that we have such a diverse collection now!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby UWW-10 on August 3rd, 2017, 10:04 am
staticshadows wrote:
MrsTaxi wrote:Anyone else hoping for a RMC Raptor? :D Wishful thinking, I know.

Maybe 2019 for our park....
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/e ... 534583001/

8 people per train....that'll be a nightmare!
UWW-10

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 3rd, 2017, 10:13 am
And then it'll become the next clone...
SFGAM_Hog

Postby maxwellt on August 3rd, 2017, 11:43 am
Yeah raptors will have horrible capacities. Maybe a Trex. I made a thread on the general coaster talk about the new raptor to fiesta Texas so if y'all wanna share your thoughts go there

maxwellt

Postby gottastrata33 on August 3rd, 2017, 1:04 pm
How the hell did that leak?! I'm so fxxkin happy to finally see a kick ass coaster themed to a woman!
gottastrata33

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 3rd, 2017, 1:40 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:How the hell did that leak?! I'm so fxxkin happy to finally see a kick ass coaster themed to a woman!
I don't think it was a leak, but rather an intentional announcement.

Maybe SF is changing things up this year by announcing everything individually?

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby anewman35 on August 3rd, 2017, 1:44 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:How the hell did that leak?! I'm so fxxkin happy to finally see a kick ass coaster themed to a woman!

I saw speculation that they were trying to announce before California Great America, which is rumored to get the same type of ride. I suspect they'll hold the other parks for the traditional announcement.
anewman35

Postby stergmi on August 3rd, 2017, 3:40 pm
anewman35 wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:

I saw speculation that they were trying to announce before California Great America, which is rumored to get the same type of ride. I suspect they'll hold the other parks for the traditional announcement.

This. It's heavily rumored that a raptor is coming to Knott's or CA GAm and their announcement day is 2 weeks before Six Flags. If said rumor is true then SF is no longer announcing "the world's first" Raptor.

stergmi

Postby maxwellt on August 3rd, 2017, 4:31 pm
It wasn't leaked, this is their Facebook, and there was a Livestream at the park with the announcementImage

maxwellt

Postby UWW-10 on August 3rd, 2017, 6:27 pm
So...this announcement definitely counts as one of the 5 "never seen before in North America" announcements (or however the company worded it)...so what will the other 4 of them be?
UWW-10

Postby gottastrata33 on August 3rd, 2017, 6:43 pm
Yeah our collection is very diverse. & I hope it continues. I'm now aware that the announcement was planned. Im really proud of it to be honest, think it looks like a solid addition. I hope we get a ride exactly like that but Trex style. That one seater-ness looks like a hot mess for a bigger park haha.

As for other firsts, A friend who worked at SFGAdv said theyre getting some crazy flat ride that will be a first for the US...but who the hell knows what they know lol
gottastrata33

Postby BCarroll on August 3rd, 2017, 7:03 pm
Wow! The Wonder Woman ride looks really cool. To be clear, I think its awesome that the coaster is themed toWonder Woman, the name Wonder Woman: Golden Lasso Coaster is ridiculous. Thats a cheesy name. Whatever we get, I hope its not another superhero themed ride. What is the fascination with them? We need more originality!
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby RollingCoasting on August 3rd, 2017, 7:39 pm
UWW-10 wrote:So...this announcement definitely counts as one of the 5 "never seen before in North America" announcements (or however the company worded it)...so what will the other 4 of them be?

My thoughts on this: (Not including waterparks btw)

Confirmed:
Fiesta Texas - World's First
Great Adventure - World's First

Most likely not getting: (Does not mean they won't for sure)
St. Louis - Rumored to get what SFFT got this year
La Ronde - Rumored to get a Superloop or an S&S Free Spin
Mexico - Rumored to get an S&S Free Spin
Over Georgia - Basically confirmed to get RMC Cyclone. It's possible it could have some record breaking or world's first elements, but they did say "5 Recording Breaking or NA's first attractions", so marketing World's first elements doesn't seem likely, and I don't see it being a record breaker, but who knows?
Great Escape - It's Great Escape... :lol:

Likely candidates: I have no specific reason for any of them, but there hasn't been any news possibly debunking them as receivers of one of the 5 rides
New England
Great America
Magic Mountain
Over Texas
Discovery Kingdom
America
RollingCoasting

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum